Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
What do you think did it? The “first day back at work“ comment (on the first of March...)
That, or it’s people who forgot that they followed her, and when she suddenly appeared in their feed decided that they were not interested in her anymore.

Reactions: 12

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
She must be boring herself at this point....

What on earth do she and Joe talk about now.
How much beige is too beige?
Is this beige, beige or more of a grey beige?
Ercu or Cream?

• Haha

CheshireLove

VIP Member
She’s a lovely woman and I do wish her the best. I don’t blame her for being in a bit of a funk. She’s definitely an introverted type and lockdown has put a hold on so much to so many of our lives.

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
Like many of you I've had to deal with anxiety and bouts of depression so I don't want to minimise her situation at all, but I think Alix needs some tough love.

Life is hard. But we go on because we must. You have to participate in your life, you can't disappear when it gets hard.
She's the only one who can save herself, albeit with the help of therapists, psychiatrists, medication -- but she's the one who has to want to, she's the one who has to give the impulse.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Am i the only one who hates the whole *ad break* *ad break over* insta stories.. To me that looks like trying to be cool and taking the piss out of the brand she promotes idk
I think I prefer it, I hate opening my stories just to be confronted with a video of someone trying to sell me some crappy perfume. At least if there’s a slide warning me there’s an ad, I can skip it! It makes the influencers more transparent I feel.

_Laura

Chatty Member
I thought the same! I was going to rant about her not posting for days again but then I saw her stories about Sarah Everard and the picture of her mum and I'm guessing it must have been a really hard week for her. I don't struggle with mental health and I found this week so difficult, so I can't even imagine what it must have felt like for people who do... And then to add Mother's Day on top of that. I wish she would be a bit more transparent maybe? Keep people in the loop or say what she is working on maybe? I have a soft spot for Alix and considered refollowing her on social media and YouTube but now I'm not so sure anymore.

• Sad

beatrix246

I kind of hope she would take a part time job. I think it would do wonders for her mentally, meeting new people, having projects to work on and the structure that she seems to be craving.

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
That is just cringe, I understand she is lost but now she just looks like a crazy stalker. Does her brother still work for her? He needs to have have a word and BB needs a restraining order against more than one influencer😟

Sophie85

Wow. I have so many thoughts 😂
Firstly, that book haul was a joke. She was talking like she reads allll the time, when actually we know full well she doesn’t. She also said at the start of this year she wasn’t going to buy any new books & instead go for the ones on her shelf, so a book haul is rather laughable at this point.

Secondly, good on her being able to afford a peloton. But sharing it on social media on the first day of lockdown/first day a lot of people are being put back on furlough or just straight off losing their jobs is SO TONE DEAF. I’m cringing. How can she not think about these things?!

mascarara

I'm just four minutes into her newest video but I continue to be baffled by this trend of tucking in chunky knit jumpers into jeans that are already a size too small. Alex says that it "elongates your legs" but it also adds an unnecessary bulge to your midsection and looks terrible from the side! Also, how that can possibly be comfortable to wear all day long? I just don't get it.

I’m no cook, but Alix’s food doesn’t look very appetising. Unless she has some sort of grey filter going on! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤢

I now realise it’s a black & white filter. Time I got some sleep! 😴 💤
I don't understand why Instagrammers have started applying such a dark filter to things. It's not artsy, it just looks shit. Alix is particularly bad at it – sometimes you can't even see what the video/picture is of.

S12345

I was bored so I put the new ASOS capsule wardrobe video on in the background and everything is black, grey, white or beige/oatmeal. Item 4 (I think) she said was “fun” but it was a great chunky jumper?!

Those wide leg, cropped beige jeans are so incredibly unflattering on her from top to bottom. Why can’t she see that? The all black outfits were hardly groundbreaking but still looked quite put together (can’t think of another way to describe them).

• Haha

swishswish94

Honestly, I used to love her until a moment last year during #BLM when she got called out for posting a "favorites" video during peak #BLM. I am a woman of color, and it was hurtful because she has no problem being gone for months when her own "mental health" is jeopardized but when an entire community is hurting, she was ethically fine with posting content in the name of "having bills to pay". The way she handled her criticism (basically letting her mostly white fans defend her for doing the bare minimum and responding with "my mental health doesn't need to be brought into this") was so unscrupulous. She even archived the post so I don't have screenshots anymore.

• Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
If it is a tag with that sort of tie it can be looped round, so you can unloop it and I suppose she just stored the tag away. Can be very easily done, or if you had to cut the string you could easily add some new string and loop round the bag!
This is true, but it feels a bit misleading. If someone was selling an item with tags still attached I'd assume it was unworn and unused. If she advertises it as "tags reattached" that's a different story.

Reactions: 11

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Veganuary Alix! She seems to be a vegetarian who does veganuary and this is easy watchable content. Normal couple, normal size, no crazy powders or supplements but normal plant based food, food prep for a week, prepping on a budget and only shopping once a week under lockdown rules being careful etc. Could have been easy weekly videos!

• Heart
Reactions: 11