Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Is she giving up on the influencer lifestyle? Because, as much as she might need time to rest and feel better, it’s a bit rude to expect her audience to just wait for a whole month every time she decides to vanish with no warning.

Reactions: 11

imtakingabath

VIP Member
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens over the next few years as the influencer bubble bursts. New, more youthful influencers must be coming up all the time, and unless the current batch can pivot/transition to different niches, like becoming Mummy bloggers, I think a lot of them are going to lose a fair bit of their audience and therefore income.

Jaybtee

VIP Member
Wow I don’t see what you guys are seeing. I don’t know that we’ve seen enough of this guy to even make a basic assessment of his personality, let alone guess at something as serious as DV or even just to say he’s shady? Alix is definitely codependent but she’s also clearly depressed and anxious and has always had a hard time having friends before this relationship. I’m the first to point out toxic parts of a relationship or obviously to gossip about others but making vague speculations of abuse from literally nothing is crossing the line.

What we have seen, he actually seems nice and chill. I’ve always thought it was sweet that he makes a Mother’s Day card to Alix from her dog— cheesy yes but he is trying to make a tough day somehow positive for her. Just one thing but it’s thoughtful.
Seems like a totally normal slighty dour scottish guy to me too!!! 😂

• Haha

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
Alix’s voice at the start of the video was so sanctimonious! She was speaking about that bloody sippy cup like she had discovered the key to true enlightenment!

And yes, those eyebrows
I found it all bizarre. Her voice, her body language and the content. It seemed a bit forced to me. A bit fake. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

sweetdays

After seeing her stories, I just wished I could be able to go back to work only in march lol :ROFLMAO:
I liked her hair and the brows seemed a bit too much for me... Maybe she's going to the same brow lady Anna goes.

• Haha

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I was just thinking this while watching the vlog! She's only just bought the coffee table and what's the first thing she does? Runs off to H&M home to buy a whole bunch of stuff to put on it. She's not the only influencer who does this, and it's so hasty (and wasteful!) What about living with a piece of furniture for a while and getting used to it before deciding how you're going to "style" it? And what about *shock horror* looking at what you already own to see if any of that would work? There's just no originality or creativity involved, just mindless consumption.
Or, ya know, using your coffee table as intended and not as a catch-all for stupid mass produced knick knacks 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha

YvesNotLaurent

Can’t help but be cynical that Vlogmas starting now is just a grabby grabby for AL!
I like knacks knacks as much as the next person, but there is too much and none of its personal or sentimental that she’s picked up on travels, in antique shops etc. Just too bland.

She does seem like a nice, although slightly dull person, but I really think she needs to consider doing something a bit different as she’s clearly uninspired and disinterested with things at the moment.
It’s as if she’s seen those items on someone else’s coffee table on Instagram and figured it got them likes so she’d do the same. There is nothing original in anything that she does, it just comes across as trying too hard.

Sunburnsjess

There’s no way she’s still earning a living given how sporadically she posts, is there?! Or am I seriously underestimating how much influencers make? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone that posts as sporadically as Alix, and I don’t think she even did any ads in the lead up to Christmas which is when other influencers generally get a lot of paid work it seems. I know she’s been through a lot in past years, but it’s crazy to think how much she’s stagnated while her peers have continued to grow. While I do genuinely hope her mental health is okay, surely it’s time for her to reconsider the influencer gig at this point and look into other career avenues.

_Laura

Chatty Member
If you zoom in you can see where her actual (nice) brows are. Just imagining what my family members would say if I came downstairs with those brows. Hahahaha
She's always had such nice full eyebrows naturally, whyyyyy is she doing this 😭 Between this, the two-week radio silence after her "I'm back" video and her "Happy Friday" story when she's been doing f- all, she has to be trolling us!

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really wish Alix would be more transparent about how she makes money as an influencer. I hate that money is such a taboo subject, but it’s also unrealistic for us to believe she’s earning a living by sporadically uploading hauls. I know, I know. Affliate links and cookies...but wouldn’t brand partnerships be more lucrative? It’s also kind of disingenuous for those people who follow her and think “Oh, I can do this. Alix doesn’t upload regularly, but it looks like she’s able to buy new stuff and live comfortably, so I’m going to that too”. And then to still be doing a job where 1) her work isn’t consistent and 2) it obviously affects her mental health is just bananas to me. The age old question - does the money really outweigh the impact to her mental health?

TTgirl

Gave up on her last year, she is unmotivated, depressing and a joy killer. She needs to get off IG.

I’ve not been on IG for a few days, but has she posted anything? Any sign of another video?

Crickets, crickets, crickets.

_Laura

Chatty Member
Surprise, surprise. I’m a bit embarrassed for her....
Was doing these AL a key task for her ‘first day back at work’?

Also, why does she even need a suit? I get it’s a trend, but she doesn’t work outside the home and doesn’t go anywhere.
I'm self employed and have been working from home for about two years... I have to say, I always tend to be more productive when I dress "up" (i.e. actually wear proper clothes rather than lounge wear) so it could be what she's trying to achieve... except her being "back at work" probably just means ordering clothes on Asos for her next sustainable beige spring capsule wardrobe and talking about how many books she hasn't read because she needed a break... Can you tell I'm a bit bitter about actually having to work hard to make money? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

fallouou

@dogcatdog I appreciate your side by side comparisons so much! lol

She even painted the walls in exactly the same wall colour - Farrow & Ball Treron. Yikes. I think at one point earlier in this thread I commended Alix for making trends her own. I retract that comment. Other influencers must roll their eyes at her so hard! Being influenced is one thing. Straight up mirroring is another.

Also, surely if Alix gets interesting enough to warrant a second thread it should be titled "Icopythee"

• Haha

Peachy9

VIP Member
Wow. I've not even heard of the other influencers mentioned... Let alone follow them. But christ, the similarities and outright copying is just BIZARRE 😳

frocktalk

I don’t if it’s depressed or that she thinks being a chilled “cool girl” is more in line with the beige Scandi aesthetic

The likes on her last two photos are really low. But it’s probably because we’ve seen these style of pics countless times on her feed already!

She comes across so lethargic now. Everything’s slow and sluggish and dull. There’s no sparkle. What’s happened?
I don't particularly mind the more chilled out, quiet personality she's adopted as of late (it's often a nice change from the more twee influencers!) but I cannot figure out what she does all day. Her videos are so ordinary, boring, and simple - not to mention, she produces just one a week! If she was doing some truly spectacular editing, or videos that showed a need for more planning/prep, I would totally get it, but hers are just run-of-the-mill youtuber type stuff.

I feel like she doesn't quite know what to do. Her heart doesn't seem in fashion or beauty content, so her channel has turned into something of a grab bag, with everything from Animal Crossing videos to ASMR. I imagine that sort of inconsistency would be hard to pitch to sponsors and brands.

Someone here speculated that perhaps she has another job, and I think that must be true. The alternative - that she spends her days wandering her beige home like a sepia toned ghost - is just too depressing to consider.

• Sad

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I still think she’s been paid £££ by other companies to do work for them and she can’t be arsed with her own profiles but needs them incase a well paid AD comes up
People have this idea about Influencers all the time— oh they must be secretly working a side job! And it’s just not true. There is never a secret job lol. They really can get by one what they’ve got. And there is this idea that the Infouencer is just ashamed of their other job, but the truth is most of them would looooove to flex about how they have a JOB when they’ve been ridiculed for being lazy and not having real careers. Especially Alix who makes all the excuses about “work” and comebacks and motivation, she is prideful and would love to say, oh I’ve been so busy with my other work. But there is no other job. It’s just this and she is finally in the corner now and hopefully will admit to herself it is not working.

Alix also clearly has severe mental health issues but she also has lots of residual income from years making bank as a relatively popular YouTuber. Also, while it may be foreign to some people, this happens where people do sometimes stop working for periods of time and they just use their savings, or their partner subsidizes them. Usually however that means that they really have to face the consequences of everything and unfortunately Alix’s industry helps them hide and keep trying things that aren’t working.

hrjx

After following her for many years, sadly I am going to unsubscribe. The black and white editing, the sombre background music and her dull demeanour are just too depressing to watch anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I really wish she would just say it out loud she's not a youtuber/influencer😅 anymore. But noooo, ig stories made of four parts and three of them about effing gifted pastries aaaand links to them in all of the parts🙄🙄🙄we get it Alix you really want us to get pastries so you get money... makes me wonder if goodfood paid her to advertise that pancake recipe too🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 10