Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
It’s difficult - on one hand, does she ‘owe’ her audience / followers some sort of explanation given they essentially pay her wage and she has let us until her life a bit, but on the other hand, she also has the right to say ‘sod it’ and disappear.

I think she tries to do both and have these unannounced breaks for 4-6 weeks and then comes back with vague updates and tries to pick up where she left off. She must be happy enough with it, but I think she needs to re-evaluate
I think its unrealistic of her to think (if she does) that her audience will stick around if she keeps doing this. If she isn't around for weeks on end, why should her audience stay? For the one photo a month she shares on instagram of herself wearning another grey/cream tracksuit?

I think people follow Alix because they like her. But we see less and less of her lately.

Reactions: 13

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
I think I’ve decided to unsubscribe on YT. I’ve not meen on Instagram for about a year, and I recently went back on to unsubscribe from all influencers, so I don’t need to unsubscribe from her on there.

All that to say: my nearly rear off social media has done wonders for me and I’m just a normie user of social media, not an elevated influencer 🤣🤣

I honestly think she needs to have one final video, a la Ingrid Nilsen, and pack this career goodbye. It just doesn’t suit her anymore, and once the pandemic is over, she should get a 9-5 in marketing or whatever field she wants. But what she’s doing now, other than the easy money, just isn’t working out for her and her mental health, to speculate.

She was always one of my faves! And I loved her a few years ago, after the breakup from Snoozie and Darren, was it? I liked her when she was discovering the neutrals. Now old like her her to discover herself again.

tehpretty

Anyone else seen her Q&A on Instagram? I don’t believe her daily routine for a second tbh. She makes it seem like she works 6 hours a day which isn’t a lot regardless compared to most normal jobs, but she puts out basically nothing? So no way I believe she even works 6 hours a day though who knows what influencers define as work!
Her answers to those questions really highlight how small her world is. I understand she's been through the ringer and this past year has been difficult for everybody, but she really has so little going on.

Her new video - I’m sorry but she keeps referring to her ‘regular size’ as medium and says she “sized up” to a large in several items. Girl no. I’m no stranger to the lockdown weight gain myself so no hate but at 5’8 there’s no way she’s anything under a size 16/18. Just own it!

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Ughhhh I have my eye on a trapeze sort of dress made of deadstock fabric by a woman down in South Africa. I’m like a US 16/18 and the photos of the dress on plus ladies makes me want it even more!

28176B7D-4257-48FF-AFE6-752FF46BB19B.png

I know it’s controversial, but I don’t think these dresses necessarily look bad on her, I just think that if you’re not tall and skinny, fast fashion (from anywhere) just doesn’t fit properly. Tall skinny gals can get away with it because they can size up and then the look is “it fits, but oversized”, but when you’re already at the top of the size chart and the piece is oversized, but not oversized enough like it would be on someone smaller, then it’s harder to pull off. That’s why brands can’t just make plus sizes and do it well. The patterns are graded differently for larger bodies. I don’t know. As I get older I just want to wear things that make me feel comfortable and that are made well and responsibly.

• Heart

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I follow her from 2016, in fact she was the first youtuber I started following, because, I use to look like her (with respect to the shape of my body) and that time there were not those many influencers with such good styling, beauty content as her who looked like her.
I liked how simple her life was, she use to INDULGE in 1 product in months and would be talking about it so particularly, how she stayed close to her family, meeting them once a week, her cute dog (who is still really cute) , and the real creativity she brought to her channel by taking genuine efforts.
I think with course of time, she just kept losing interest in this field of mindless shopping and making money, but she just kept at it, thinking she will gain following.
But now, I truly feel like she is moved on from these self indulgent youtubers and influencers or whatever the fuck we want to call them.
Its clear that she is struggling to find her foot because, she does not want to try harder or enough.
Her bank account probably saw a huge dip this year with all the CREAM shopping she has done, and did not earn enough.
I think thats the only reason she is doing Vlogmas this year. She is not 1% interested in being in front of the camera and knows and understands well that nothing happening is going on in her life, and she is living the same beige life in repeat mode.
I began by feeling sorry for her. But I genuinely think, she has moved on from this life, but is too lazy to move around and do something more creative or be prepared to put in the hard work.
She mentioned in todays insta story that she is editing her video, which makes me believe she and her brother dont work together anymore, probably she was not making enough profits to feed his family and hers.
She needs to either re-invent her channel or move on like Hannah and just leave the internet space.
If she continues creating content she really does not want to, things will keep getting worse for her mental health.
I agree with you, I think she’s mentally checked out of creating content. Which is a shame because I do think she has a nice style of her own buried underneath the BB copycat style she has now. She’s created some lovely makeup looks in the past for example.

Interesting that you mention you think she lost interest in the mindless shopping. I feel content creation / Instagram has become more competitive and I’m not surprised some OG creators aren’t into this. Sam and Nic Chapman have this week stepped away from social media, saying they don’t agree with the constant selling. Content creation seems to = selling these days.

I still like Alix. I think she still has a USP in that she is an OG YouTuber and a genuinely nice person. But Alix is clearly a perfectionist and perhaps she struggles with how competitive and oversaturated the “influencer” market is these days. The pressure to stay on trend and stay relevant must be tough.

H91

I can’t believe she’s not capitalising on income from vlogmas. I don’t think she can show up now and claim to really be taking part so that’s a bit of a write off for 2020. I do think she struggles with her mental health and that impacts her upload schedule, content etc so I genuinely hope she is doing ok if that’s the reason. A friend of mine who has mental ill health explained it as the less you do, the less you want to do and *I’m not diagnosing Alix* but I get that impression from her at times

H91

I’ve officially given up on her. No videos for 2 months and it was sporadic at best before that. Her other content appears to only be about pastries and snow days and this is what people who don’t work in social media post about so she just blends in even more!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
She really is morphing into Brittany Bathgate. I really don’t get this trend for masculine shapeless clothing, it’s so unflattering 🙄🙄
Newsflash: not everything you wear has to be flattering i.e. make you look thinner

Oversize, if done well, is a million times more stylish than bodycon imo. Unfortunately Alix doesn't really shop for quality items so interesting cuts are lost on her but tbh I'd rather she wear loose clothing than squeeze herself in tight stuff

TTgirl

I finally unsubscribed to her Yt channel. Can’t even be bothered playing her video as background noise lol

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
The thing about mainstream fashion is that, let's be honest, it's literally made for slim bodies. Stylists learn to draw and make clothes on standard mannequins that are a small size, smaller brands say that producing and then stocking a wide range of size is a financial risk. Making clothes for bigger bodies (not that Alix is seriously overweight of course...) requires more knowledge and technical requirements (patterns can't simply be graded).

Styling is a another thing, we mostly see clothes styled on thin bodies. She's merely copying outfits that don't end up looking good on her but if she truly were a stylish person she could make clothes work for her but... you know, her being lazy and unimaginative is not going to help

My thought while watching the new coat video was literally why is she showing me the same coat in different colours over and over again😅 I used to think she was such a stunner, but these days she tends to look like a big blob of cream with a pin sized head on top... and what is the deal with those jeans?? She put on weight that's fine, but huge wide leg light coloured jeans are not going to flatter that fact🙄🙄also I suspect that recent gram photo in a cream suit is quite an old one... our she really "worked" her angles😉🤣

• Haha
Ive a feeling this isn’t through lack of opportunities. Maybe she just isn’t feeling it anymore. I’m sure it’s very lucrative but it can be a pretty soulless job can’t it shilling the latest trendy consumer product. Yeah you get free stuff and paid well but maybe she wants to do something else. If that is the case it would be nice if she spoke about it, if she’s changing career. So many people think being an influencer is a dream job so showing the negative sides (trolling, insecurities, competitiveness) and why one might quit is good to see.
At this point I do not believe in anything pure, interesting or not money hungry in relation to Alix, but for your really lovely and kind way of thinking (no sarcasm here) I salute you👍👍🙂

totopops

As someone who works in influencer marketing, for "microinfluencers" the general rule of thumb I've used, and others I know use, is max. £100 per 1,000 followers. Obviously not a hard and fast rule - engagement will either swing it much less or much lower. For anyone with like 25k+ followers its more a case by case basis. Most I've ever paid for £5k for a 3 posts & a story from someone with 400k odd followers.

Alix has 188k followers, so like 2 #ads in a month could easily get her much more than I make in 2-3 months 😂

• Wow

Takkat

lol at how she instantaneously when back to sporadic posting after going on about wanting to try harder and be more more consistent. It's disappointing because she's genuinely one of my favourites, but she's lost my respect now. How are people supposed to value what she does when she doesn't value work herself?
I feel the same way! I think she's reached the point where she likes the IDEA of being a YouTuber and free perks etc but her heart is not in it anymore and is in denial. Even in her darkest times when her mom passed away and she broke up with her bf...she did not take these long breaks.

kalechips

VIP Member
I hope she's alright. I really enjoy her vlogs, I feel like she's one of the few youtubers/influencers who hasn't let it get to her head or become completely superficial. Though I'm not a fan of hauls, her vlogs always feel comforting to watch and she seems like a genuine person who I could be friends with in real life.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
From my experience this isn’t necessarily true, my mum passed away a few years back and also had a very normal middle of the road job & wasn’t a higher earner. Although we didn’t get any money from a savings account or house sale, we did get a lump sum from a death in service benefit & life insurance policies - so although she might not have got hundreds of thousands, she could have got a very decent chunk & could be something she could easily be dipping into every now & again (which I really hope she isn’t 😩🤞🏼)
Sorry to hear about your mum 💜

Just goes to show...money doesn’t buy happiness then. I think she’s lonely. Wealthy maybe but sad!
Yes, she has material comforts, a nice home, a very easy well paid job with flexible hours and a bf who she seems super into who comitted to her early on. She is one that could benefit from some therpy and mind work. Her depression is palpable and doesn't make me want to watch her vids, not that i think there are many. I only look at her insta occasionally and don't even follow anymore.

• Heart
The Youtube partner programme is the most likely reason why she's suddenly back "updating" us on how basic and bland she really is🤭🤭🤭

• Haha

dodobabe

i'm just now watching the loungewear video and i don't get it. the puffer coat in the second outfit is obviously too small. there is no way the zipper can be done up. and the white jumper in the fourth outfit, she says she sized up 2 sizes!! the jumper only goes up to size Large! she is a comfortable size Large to X-Large! what on earth is she talking about.

• Haha