Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jaybtee

VIP Member
If she’s depressed she really needs to get out of this game! It’s just not worth it!!
Agree. I think she’d have a much fuller life if she just gave it up, got a “normal” job - new friends, new experiences... her heart is clearly not in it - she’s stagnant and it’s not great to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

CelestialAutumn

I think this might be the most unflattering outfit I’ve ever seen her in. What is it with her and Anna and these hideous white/cream calf length flapping jeans?! 🙈🙈
Jesus! this outfit is bloody awful on her! Lets be honest, Alix has never been what I would call a 'Snappy Dresser' but she really has lost the plot this year. I haven't watched her YT in ages as I find her so boring, I just catch up on here. 😴😴

I knew I’d seen them somewhere before 🤣...
You know what, I think this outfit is better than Alix's outfit! 😜🤣

• Haha

Sophie85

What did she say?
she put up an Instagram story saying she’d been staring at her vlogging camera for over an hour but “just couldn’t find the words” and then said she doesn’t think there’ll be any more vlogmas from her because of the news.
I do feel for her, she’s tier 4 and i think her brother is in tier 4 which could potentially mean her dad is on his own at Christmas (which must be a horrible feeling & brings even more sadness about her mum not being here 💔)

• Sad

Pinkii

VIP Member
I think she is lucky and that she can carry weight well, very hourglass, but she needs to dress for it properly.

kalechips

VIP Member
I genuinely really like Alix and I want to see her do well and succeed. I just wonder that if she uploads that sporadically, why not wait for opportunities to work with brands that align with what she claims are her values, ie veganism, slow fashion, and focus on that, with vlogs in between. I think it'd up her engagement and would help separate her from this enormous sea of identical ~influencers~ who promote horrible fast fashion and unethical unsustainable brands.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
It’s weird. I don’t think her clothes are oversized enough! She always has a camel toe and her joggers/sweatpants are always tight in the thighs. Which is fine...but stop trying to stuff your body into Zara, H&M and Topshop and just find brands that fit like loungewear is supposed to. I’m chunky and I’ve managed to find properly fitting loungewear...I’m also not an influencer though so that’s 10 year Old Navy pj pants or men’s sweatpants and a ratty t-shirt and sweatshirt with holes 🤣🤣🤣
I think it's all just badly fitting. The outfit with the Stradivarius shacket looks like she's exploring the Australian outback.

• Haha

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
She isn't looking well at all atm the puffy face, sallow skin and small eyes paored with the greasy hair.
She is money worry free, living with a man claims to be in love with and her cute dog. All the time in the world to spend together and she looks like death warmed up.

Wtf is going on.

Alix, share with your audience.

S12345

@dogcatdog I appreciate your side by side comparisons so much! lol

She even painted the walls in exactly the same wall colour - Farrow & Ball Treron. Yikes. I think at one point earlier in this thread I commended Alix for making trends her own. I retract that comment. Other influencers must roll their eyes at her so hard! Being influenced is one thing. Straight up mirroring is another.

Also, surely if Alix gets interesting enough to warrant a second thread it should be titled "Icopythee"
When Lily and Anna have copied Alix they always credit her but little do they know she’s ripped someone else completely off first! They’re all merging into one super annoying beige influencer now. Zero originality.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
she is very lucky to have a supportive bf and no money worries, I can't imagine she is easy company atm and totally reliant on him as her social circle sees very small. I hope he can tell her to keep going to therapy and motivate her. Alix was always a soothing youtuber to watch.she never seemed cold, boastful or made her viewers feel bad about themselves.

Sophie85

Here you go!
thanks! After seeing this I completely agree with you about it not being fair to say she barely uses it. Apart from the last week she’s been doing approx. 3 sessions a week (if im reading it right!) - not exactly nothing! If someone told me they go to the gym three times a week I’d think that’s a good effort

dogcatdog

or when Emma Hill was doing her renovations, so a month later Alix needed to do some too... in the same outfit :rolleyes:.

• Wow
  • Haha

swishswish94

Got to be some sort of haul so she can affiliate link everything and bring in the ££ surely?
I am just amazed at the capacity of someone to blatantly LIE to their audience about making and showcasing content and just going MIA. These influencers have it easy. yeah I said it. I can't imagine any other business or service in which you can get away with this kinda laziness.

I am just amazed at the capacity of someone to blatantly LIE to their audience about making and showcasing content and just going MIA. These influencers have it easy. yeah I said it. I can't imagine any other business or service in which you can get away with this kinda laziness.
Sadly it just shows how little she cares about her audience. We're just an audience for her to peddle money from brands off of.

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Ha! I said there’d be a video by the end of the week with a haul (and some convenient AL!), so I was pretty close!

Those brows are ridiculous; I get you need to do heavier makeup for film and photos, but they are too much!

• Haha

dodobabe

her hair looks healthier and she looks so much better without that horrible overly processed white blonde ombre

ChatNoir

I know they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I think she's taking it to another level and if I was Brittany Bathgate, I would be a tiny bit scared hahaha. Everyone copies someone else in social media but damn.. she really is after BB's career! Started by dressing the same as her, buying the same expensive designer pieces, copying her style of underexposed pictures and videos, she's done the same trip as her just a couple of weeks later, bought the same travel guide and filmed just like she does!

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
Sorry I really do feel sorry for her but I found it all a bit holier than though. She can’t just keep withdrawing into herself and from life. It’s a viscous circle. She needs a purpose. Maybe do some volunteering work. Also, if this is going to keep happening she should seek medical advice is she hasn’t already.

dogcatdog

Hi, first time commenting here, but when I saw her latestest video I just couldn’t… the girl is like the talented Mr. Ripley! (oh so sorry my English is not great by the way 😔).

She's been channeling a mix of Lizzy-Lindsay-BB-Emma for a couple of years now but lately it has been just a bit too much. First with the shameless BB Scotland total rip off video, from the filter she used to record the trip, to what they did, to what she said and even what she wore, so odd, then on her latest video you can totally tell she has been watching Jessica Alizzi’s channel, having the same toast thing for breakfast as Jessica ALWAYS has and then recorded herself pouring ice coffee in Jessica’s style and she eveeeeeen made the same hand gesture when eating it 👌, so WEIRD.

Then talking about the same topic LIzzy-Lindsay did in their latest podcast, but I found so odd how she didn't make any reference to it at all, and that what I find problematic actually, she never does! She always acts like she just came up with those ideas, or she found items of clothing or trends or books, or everything really, on her own research, and not like she is totally stealing even the personality of the latest people she's been watching.

I don't know, to me it got to the point it is not normal at all, more because she doesn't even seem embarrassed by it (like when she mentions how creative she felt making that Scotland video😒 ). One thing is getting influenced and taking bits from her peers, and an other is what she does.

Last edited:

wagner1985

I do have a bit of sympathy for her. She’s stuck wearing unflattering outfits because she doesn’t want to wear the kind of clothes that are flattering for her tall, curvy figure.

I am quite similar to Alix, a little bit taller and a size or two smaller (and er, more chesty), and I absolutely loathe that 50s style that anyone with boobs and hips is encouraged to wear. I hate it - it either looks Kirsty Allsopp frumpy or like you’re trying to be quirky and “alternative”. You have to be dressy to pull it off but honestly I just want to wear jeans and trainers most of the time. I want to wear simple and lowkey mainstream fashion, but most mainstream fashion is made for women with much smaller chests, so everything is either very booby or looks like I shoved an oversized sack over my top half in a vain attempt to cover my tits. Don’t even get me started on high necklines.

I digress. I get it, she wants to wear clothes that look better on straighter, slimmer figures. I do too. Alix definitely needs a more discerning eye though - that wrap cardigan was always going to make her look huge, and I don’t agree about tucking tops in at all, personally I look awful if I do a bloody french tuck.

She definitely needs to edit her choices more, but I think it’s very easy for people to misunderstand how difficult it can be for women who are “straight size” but towards the end of the spectrum (12,14,16) due to being tall and curvy. Clothes are just not made for us.
100% agree with this. I'm a size 12 with hips and bum, 5ft 9. I've probably kidded myself for way too long that I can look good in similar styles to Lizzy Hadfield and co when I absolutely cannot. However I'm not "plus size" either, and it's really hard to find flattering, simple styles for this weird in-between world that I inhabit. TBH I've quite enjoyed seeing Alix's style the past few months, I think she looks beautiful as she is now, curvier, and it's made me realise I don't look good in some of the clothes I wished I looked good in either, so in that way she's helped me!