Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ughhhh I have my eye on a trapeze sort of dress made of deadstock fabric by a woman down in South Africa. I’m like a US 16/18 and the photos of the dress on plus ladies makes me want it even more!

View attachment 198690

I know it’s controversial, but I don’t think these dresses necessarily look bad on her, I just think that if you’re not tall and skinny, fast fashion (from anywhere) just doesn’t fit properly. Tall skinny gals can get away with it because they can size up and then the look is “it fits, but oversized”, but when you’re already at the top of the size chart and the piece is oversized, but not oversized enough like it would be on someone smaller, then it’s harder to pull off. That’s why brands can’t just make plus sizes and do it well. The patterns are graded differently for larger bodies. I don’t know. As I get older I just want to wear things that make me feel comfortable and that are made well and responsibly.
For me its the exaggerated puff sleeves in combination with the dress that doesn't looks great on her. The pink dress should be returned immediately, I doubt she even has stepped outside with it on.

The dress you showed looks great, the sleeves don't overpower the dress and their long sleeve version has sleeves that are more in proportion to the dress and you can see its more balanced on the plus size model. Plus those dresses are more unique and interesting and you won't find others in the same dress just trying to keep up with a trend.

There should be a bit of balance for whatever shape you are so you don't look/feel swamped. I'm petite and dress for comfort but I always try to balance things out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree with everyone else, though not my cup of tea, it's not the the fact that the dress is oversized but the kind she picks. 1) Colour/cut is so drab/lady of the cornfields style, definitely adds to the matronly look 2) I'm just bored of seeing cream/black/gold jewellery 3) The poof sleeves make it completely shapeless. The dress poopettemetis linked looks good because it has shape up top (isn't just a blobby surgical gown) and reads more artsy due to the fun colours and architectural shape. How depressing to be limited to the same colour palette and styles every day, a part of me thinks its her comfort zone and she clings to it because deep down she is uncomfortable with her weight gain and is desperate to come off as chic.

Reactions: 5
Longtime watcher of Alix and forum lurker...like many I do wonder how she can afford her lifestyle (even with all the freebies) given she has such low numbers recently on YT, and her insta following hasn’t grown significantly. I hope she’s not thrown all her eggs in one basket with Joe, as she does seem like a nice person, but her life does present as dull, dull, dull. No real ambition to grow her profile, no obvious brand deals in place and just more hauls of neutral clothes

Reactions: 3
What’s this sideways smile she keeps doing recently? Like just smiling on one corner of her mouth? It’s annoying me 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What’s this sideways smile she keeps doing recently? Like just smiling on one corner of her mouth? It’s annoying me 😩
Omg i hate it!!! I think its because someone once mentioned she looks like drew barrymore and now she does it on purpose as thats how she smiles

• Heart
  • Haha
What the hell has happened her.
I get strong **Frumpy spinster trapped in the attic of her aunts London home with nothing but ancient books and candle wax to gnaw on vibes...**
😐

she seems so fake lately, her favourites upload seems so fake!!
and why is she wearing pillow cases and bed sheets as dresses

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am just watching her vlog from 31. Juli and I skipped quite a bit and had to take a break at 10:36 the music sounds like its scratching inside my ears.

On another note (I skipped her talking about ED in the beginning) she was talking about working in an office, so she seems to have a regular job on the side?

The GHD electric brush made her hair look flat.

I don't understand the black and white video clip inserts, in one she was showing off an outfit and I was wondering how it looked in color.

The black dress she shows at 19:26 has no shape, it's oversized (just comment on her comment that she likes the dress shape).

I am confused, why does she spend all the time and money on painting the fence on a rented flat.

Reactions: 1
I am officially renaming her

I convent thee - content from the nunnery.
245A7DA2-3647-42BE-AD4D-05FF1E1005F6.jpeg

remember when Alix actually showed her chest and bare shoulders 😮
sinner....

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
im watching her vlog and she's talking about trial and error with her tan etc and all i can stare at is her orange face, orange hands and wrist, and pasty ass chest. mess.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 5.51.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 5.51.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 5.52.18 PM.png

• Haha
That white dress makes her look like a cult leader.
Don’t drink the kool aid kids!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have a soft spot for Alix but seriously these dresses can die a thousands deaths!

I don't understand, you don't go to buy a curtain pole for a rented flat, this is barmy lol the landlord should be fixing any fixtures and fittings. I bet the landlord is happy with them :D

I don't understand, you don't go to buy a curtain pole for a rented flat, this is barmy lol the landlord should be fixing any fixtures and fittings. I bet the landlord is happy with them :D
It’s so strange. I get wanting to make the place your own but it’s rented, it will never be yours. I assume she’ll take al the fittings etc with her if she/they move but you can’t take all the paint she’s wasted on the walls.

The rent must be very high, I wonder if they’re able to save for a house deposit or save money at all or if it all goes on rent.

Reactions: 4
It’s so strange. I get wanting to make the place your own but it’s rented, it will never be yours. I assume she’ll take al the fittings etc with her if she/they move but you can’t take all the paint she’s wasted on the walls.

The rent must be very high, I wonder if they’re able to save for a house deposit or save money at all or if it all goes on rent.
Nahhh she won’t take any of that with her. She’ll go out and buy new for #content and #hauls. And probably by that time she’ll be jumping on some new interior band wagon. Maybe it’ll include some color - a girl can dream.

Reactions: 4
In her latest story she looks so dead behind the eyes & sad in the face. The two photos below are only 18 months apart and the difference is shocking. She looks so stylish & fresh on the pic on the left 😞
View attachment 193906
I'm absolutely shocked by these photos, WTF has happened to her?! I will admit that I stopped watching her after she moved to London with Joe. In the picture on the left, she looks like a lady that is stuck in a very bad situation and doesn't know how to get out of it.....Or can't get out of it, not easily anyway! She hasn't been with Joe all that long, so I'm super shocked at how miserable she looks.

Reactions: 3
I'm absolutely shocked by these photos, WTF has happened to her?! I will admit that I stopped watching her after she moved to London with Joe. In the picture on the left, she looks like a lady that is stuck in a very bad situation and doesn't know how to get out of it.....Or can't get out of it, not easily anyway! She hasn't been with Joe all that long, so I'm super shocked at how miserable she looks.
It’s funny because she says she’s the happiest she’s ever been. Maybe that’s true but it’s not coming across in her content. She’s totally stagnant. Maybe it’s time to give YT up?

I tend to find when someone claims they’re the ‘happiest they’ve ever been’ it couldn’t be further from the truth, and they’re either trying to send a message to someone (eg. an ex) or trying to convince themselves because they’re having doubts deep down.

I know it’s not always the case though, and in Alix’s case I do hope it’s true, she’s been through a lot.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.