Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sweetdays

I also suffer from anxiety, but I have to go to work anyway. Today, for instance, was a day I couldn't basically get nothing done (COVID - in Brazil - has broken me), but I checked everything I absolutely had to do... I think Joe pays the bills... I don't know, or she has big savings, or another job, because she hasn't worked at all in days. It's just weird. Maybe she's been trying to have marvelous ideas, and can't actually find them, and then she gets so frustrated that she can't do anything at all. Maybe she'll make videos when money gets short, and thats OK, I don't think it's nice but I understand... she could tell us what's going on. What's actually going on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
Well, I’m speechless. What a boring vlog and what the hell has happened to her? The trousers are obviously too small and is emphasised by tucking the the god damn jumper in!! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Alix is definitely codependent but she’s also clearly depressed and anxious and has always had a hard time having friends before this relationship.
Alix seems another one unable to make the distinction between been friendly and networking in her within her influencer network and being real friends. Suzi seemed to be a real friend and they went through a rough patch but why throw it away?

It is sad (but i guess sort of relatable) to see adults struggling with friendships.

So, she no longer follows suzi hello October but suzi still follows her, and alix has clearly been updating her follows regularly as she recently started following the new art business juniper moon. (More on that in the gabby lindley thread for any art lovers who are still unfamiliar with it)

I find mind boggling that these women make their boyfriends their whole world. They aren't married, but even if they were she still needs her own life, a few friends and a separate hobby (not shopping) to make sure if he left or anything happened to him she could carry on. It also ensures she stays interesting for him, nothing is so offputting as a clingy gf/bf with zero friends or interests besides you.

Bostonrob

Yikes the eyebrows. Came here just to see if I was the only one... 😬 she’s so beautiful, what happened?

Pingping

Any views on her?
Shes so bloody boring, dull as a dodo.
What’s happened to all the colour in her wardrobe? And I saw her post that she was plant based - ish the other day, what does that mean? Either she is or isn’t thought she was 100% plant based?

Nbg85

She's focussed her whole life around him if they split you wouldn't see her for months/it would be a much bigger deal than her just not mentioning him much

• Sad

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I wonder what the next excuse for her absence will be. We should start taking bets / playing Alix Absence Bingo.

• Haha

S12345

Just caught up on her video, is there a surface she hasn’t covered with bits and bobs? She’s lucky to have a decent space but why fill it with so much beige clutter? 😂🤔

• Haha

Sunburnsjess

She literally posts less than “influencers”/bloggers with moderate followings that do Instagram on the side on top of full time normal jobs, or influencers I follow that just had a baby. I don’t get why she doesn’t own up to her issues, maybe it’d be more relatable than the constant onslaught of beige.

ChatNoir

she looked cute in her latest video. i love the huge collar trend and actually my personal style is very similar to alix's. however i feel like there is something missing in her execution of these trendy styles.
Yeah, I find this so recurring when it comes to bloggers/instagramers/influencers in general. They sort of wear everything that's trendy but aren't really able to incorporate it to their personal style/give it their personal twist. They just plonk it on because it's trendy and call it a day but end up looking as if they've put on a costume. This is specially obvious with statement pieces such as this collar, really puffy dresses, bows... There's a fine line between making it work and looking amazing or looking like a grown up that's wearing clothes meant for a 10 year old. And Alix always falls into this pattern.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
I think this might be the most unflattering outfit I’ve ever seen her in. What is it with her and Anna and these hideous white/cream calf length flapping jeans?! 🙈🙈
It’s wrong in so many ways. Why would she think ANYONE would think...”wow, I must rush out and buy this ensemble” 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

bad_wolf

honestly. this. these influencers can make BANK doing fuck all... imagine how much they could make if they actually hustled. i would try to make as much $$$ as possible while it lasts.

Yeah, I just don’t really get how you can be a self-employed/freelancer in the current environment and seemingly out so little in? Maybe she is living off savings, but personally if I was a ‘content creator’ I word work my arse off to cash in, whilst building some sustainable side huddle (consulting/styling/interiors whatever) so I’m prepared when the bubble bursts. There’s so much over saturation with reality stars etc on Insta and YT nowadays, that I really don’t think people like Alix - with a smaller audience and no obvious ‘niche’ - will make it beyond a few more years

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I think she’s around a 16/18, she doesn’t look bad but she does herself nooooo favours with those oversized jumpers

kalechips

VIP Member
She looked much more like her old self in her New Year's Eve pics, lovely to see her wearing colour & bold makeup again.
Agree! Loved the green eyeshadow. I always thought she was really great at makeup and had a good innate sense of style when she's not trying to copy others.

Sophie85

She began vlogmas on the 14th and then by the 18th was done. I appreciate the harsher restrictions affected everyone and for those already struggling it was another blow but I don’t think it would have taken much for her to step away from producing content again. Again, I hope she can find a way to be ok and wish her all the best but think she should step away and move onto something more suited to her, whatever that may be.
i’m glad you said this as I was having the same thoughts. I’m sure she is finding things hard and the tier 4 news must have been hard when she was already clearly struggling, but I do think this was (for her) a great excuse to stop filming vlogmas which she obviously wasn’t invested in anyway.

also, I don’t want to say her mental health issues aren’t valid, but I’m really struggling to see how tier 4/lockdown is any different to her usual life anyway pre covid. All she ever did was spend time with Joe & walk her dog, other than she can’t go to the local coffee shop I really don’t see how her life has changed at all (obviously not being able to see family at Christmas is a whole other ball game though)

Last edited:

Lola123

VIP Member
I also suffer from anxiety, but I have to go to work anyway. Today, for instance, was a day I couldn't basically get nothing done (COVID - in Brazil - has broken me), but I checked everything I absolutely had to do... I think Joe pays the bills... I don't know, or she has big savings, or another job, because she hasn't worked at all in days. It's just weird. Maybe she's been trying to have marvelous ideas, and can't actually find them, and then she gets so frustrated that she can't do anything at all. Maybe she'll make videos when money gets short, and thats OK, I don't think it's nice but I understand... she could tell us what's going on. What's actually going on.
I think you’ve touched on a few things here, if she had a normal job she’d have to turn up and just go things or go to the doctor and get signed off, I assume she’s got money from her house and her mum, but I really hope she’s just okay. I hope joe is encouraging her to get back to work or seek some help

dodobabe

the thing with her clothing choices are she tries to fit into straight sizes when she could benefit from going up a size even if that means she needs to buy from curvy/plus range.

she can find better beige/cream cardigans than the h&m one that fits poorly because it is too oversized, she can find a better black blazer/jacket than the above photo because that one is also too oversized.

for someone who buys too much stuff, she always looks sloopy and uncomfortable which to me seems like she doesn't actually like what she sees in the mirror. the solution to that is not losing weight (i am anti diet culture) but maybe, just maybe, try traditional curvy approved (not approved by society but by other curvy girls) styles.

she can still do a high waisted mom jeans with a cute white collared shirt tucked in, the top buttons open. very anine bing... however she prefers styles that somehow either swamp her or are too tight.

ps. i am also a tall (5'10), heavier (uk14-16) woman and i love a good sack dress and a baggy jumper and doing the french tuck.

• Heart