Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle - Twitch, etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait what, what’s the back story behind this pls?!
today, his main focus was upon his cleaner, who he paid for 2 hours work, but…. The cleaner didn’t complete a full 2 hours. Therefore, the “false consensus” must dislike, any individual that dares to defend aforementioned cleaner.

tedious.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
today, his main focus was upon his cleaner, who he paid for 2 hours work, but…. The cleaner didn’t complete a full 2 hours. Therefore, the “false consensus” must dislike, any individual that dares to defend aforementioned cleaner.

tedious.
Vile man. By sounds of it he has a clean house, no, so job complete and pay warranted? Funny how women heavy service roles are always scrutinised by the hour / untrust worthy (the cleaner might have stolen x, or always “trust worthy” as a stipulation on community fb pages seeking recommendations!) whereas no one would say diddly if a plumber came over & fixed your problem in 10 minutes but still charge you £90 for the hour. Vile vile vile.

Reactions: 9
Vile man. By sounds of it he has a clean house, no, so job complete and pay warranted? Funny how women heavy service roles are always scrutinised by the hour / untrust worthy (the cleaner might have stolen x, or always “trust worthy” as a stipulation on community fb pages seeking recommendations!) whereas no one would say diddly if a plumber came over & fixed your problem in 10 minutes but still charge you £90 for the hour. Vile vile vile.
Great point, particularly as Iain has made it very public that he supports women's equality, ensuring that he and Katherine get paid equally for the work they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Now, he needs a new car, which of course... is a reason to beg for money, despite him having savings, despite him having the money for a family holiday in Japan. No doubt, if he praises enough idiots, they will probably purchase the idiot a new car. Seriously, I'm upset I've paid to contribute to such a massive hypocrite, I had hoped for more, the non entity cannot even fake sincerity, as others have said, he is a vile person. Which leads me to his co star, Ms Archer, I don't don't doubt for a moment, there were more who worked with her... who disliked her sullen, condescending attitude.... than those who liked her. If I were her boss, I would quite happily sack Iain Lee if it meant she was also gone.
The Radio Show, called Anywhere Radio or something.... Plays old music, the Monkees and the beatles, wow, that IS new... NO WAIT, THIS IS THE SHOW, THIS IS THE SHOW. You can pay to broadcast your podcast crap, that nobody will watch... for MONEY... He Might even mention your name!!! OH Come All Ye Faithful.....

Iain, if your reading this, {which I suspect you are!}, how can you possibly think you are in a position to be a counsellor, an A level maths exam has less problems than you. I strongly suspect; it is more than likely, your paying to be a Life Coach you absolute joker, did you not watch Peep Show?

All That Said... I do enjoy watching a good car crash...

Be interesting to see TooManyCatsLtd end of year accounts. Could he claim that off expenses, oh indeed he can, he's playing the game, and it's a morally corrupt one.

Saying that... Katherine mentioned car issues recently... Bet they both get new cars in the next few months.... Must be a hard life

Meant to say, he can claim the VAT Straight back on any vehicle purchase. Therefore, it's in their interests to buy vehicles and get paid for buying them.... which is ok I suppose, it's what's allowed bu UK HMRC...

That said.... it cannot be morally right to beg money and plead poverty when its a tax incentive! Especially, having seen those that contribute a great deal to him, it seems very wrong, some of whom seem quite vulnerable. EG. if I had a neighbour like Alistair, who regularly had a guy turn up and take £20 of him, {the reason that they watched reruns of Des O Conner together....} I like to think... I would deal with him appropriately.

These two are not right at all. In many ways, I hope the carry on and are exposed.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It's gone off the rails lately with the begging and dare I say, it borders on trying to scam or exploit a loyal fanbase.

It's gone off the rails lately with the begging and dare I say, it borders on trying to scam or exploit a loyal fanbase.
The shift to grifting/‘help us feed our kids’ as well as the aggression towards people they don’t deem to fit the brief has not sat right with me as I feel its fair to say that a number of callers and listeners could be described in one way or another as vulnerable, as is often the case with regulars on late night speech radio.

Iain regularly tweeting now how he’d like a job (go and get one like anyone else), and Katherine tweeting images from the past and cat pics to her ‘team’. I think really all we’re witness to here is two different mid life crises.

Reactions: 6
I'm really shocked to hear that, is that right, fans are paying to have their own shows on Radio Anywhere? Gosh. And buying merch in advance, too. Crikey. And the car grift, I hadn't heard of that. I can see why Twitter is now private, then, a clear up before the big press release for the new venture?

Reactions: 3
...and as if by magic, Twitter is back after a spring clean! Happy Halloween folks 🎃

Reactions: 1
If he’s running the Radio Anywhere Twitter account it’ll be impossible to know what’s going on when it gets cleansed every week (before he gets bored and it all comes to a grinding halt in a few months anyway).

You

You beat me to it! I'm not sure why, but I feel a bit sorry for him today. Can anyone help me stop?
I hear you, I do have sympathy, too. It just feels a little manipulative, I guess...others have mentioned that many fans are vulnerable, they feel like part of the team...then it's down to them to make sure that Iain has enough money to feed his kids.

I have followed him since IACGMOOH, his Twitter is like a car crash. He reminds me of Jack Monroe as well!
The incident a couple of months ago with the cat insurance was textbook Monroe - then panicked and withdrew the begging and allegedly refunded all the donations because he "panicked".
The guy has serious issues and I seem to recall one of his previous radio shows was all about people calling in for help with their mental health - jesus he is the last person to be assisting anyone. He is flakier than a greggs sausage roll!!!

• Heart
Felt a bit sorry for the poor bloke who was letting him know how pleased he was to find his stuff and got not one but 2 arsey tweets about subscribing.
He really doesn’t help himself, old Iain.

Before you feel sorry for him pls note he had over £100k cash in his business account, and roughly that due out in taxes which means he’s taken a very, very healthy income from that limited. Like Jack Monroe it may not be the standard of living he wants, but he’s by no means destitute.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Oh...£50
I find this inappropriate and potentially exploitative. Most of us know the types of people who’ll take him up on this offer, and it doesn’t sit right with me that he seems to be looking for so many ways to take money from him often vulnerable fans.

I had such a high opinion of Iain for so many years since the LBC days. I stopped regularly listening about 18 months into his Talk Radio stint when I realised the way he talked to callers made me really uncomfortable and tense - I was always waiting for him to turn on them, which he frequently did. I occasionally dipped into the Twitch stuff but I now find him actively unpleasant, as well as just not very entertaining. He can complain all he likes about nobody giving him a chance anymore, but the harsh reality is that nobody owes him anything, he’s burnt most available bridges, and he’s no longer particularly good at his job. Why would he deserve any more chances?

I wonder how quickly he’ll lose interest in Radio Anywhere?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s just become a complete grifting exercise - and the constant aggressive pushing of the Patreon is really uncomfortable.

• Heart
The awkward thing from a few days back was charging £50 for online chat sessions with someone who is trainee counsellor, even though he stated that it 'isn't counselling'. It's not good practice for a trainee to do this. He even posted about wanting more placement hours, so he hasn't completed his course yet. He's walking a real ethically dubious line here and he hasn't even qualified yet, as if his course or supervisor got wind of this they'd be asking some serious questions.

There's every chance he could make the best of such a career change, and good luck to him, but he could balls it up if the grifting takes over his ethical decision making.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.