Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Charles the Furred

Having reread it, is Gregorian seriously saying he didn't realise it was a left-leaning show for the last four years? I know people disagree on how left they are - I can't imagine Iain or Kath ever being "extreme left-wing" like he says here - but at the very least they've definitely always been anti-Tory and anti anything to the right of Tory.

Reactions: 1
Honestly, the show I heard a bit of, he had posted a link to zoom and had kids on their telling each other to go f*ck themselves. Seriously. One identified himself as 12, and Iain said “oh! Just ignore them”.

I don’t get the show. Don’t want to. It’s dodgy. Now.
Oh, yeah, I saw a bit of that. Didn't agree with that at all. A lot of the Zoom stuff has been quite good fun, but I wish he'd just left the kids be.

EDIT: I just tuned in. They've got the Zoom open again. No 12-year-old kids this time. Just Alistair, Dave, Jim and Bodell.

ohannie

VIP Member
The number of hours isn't the issue (although we don't know what other work he's doing) - it's doing a show until 10pm when you're up at 5am the next day that could be tricky.
Why does it have to be at 10pm? He's streamed at all times of the day before. People wouldn't mind if it was at lunch time.

heejeebejee

I remember Iain getting proper annoyed at the "Accidental Partridge" guys, because the things they picked him up on were never accidental. There's always been a key difference between Iain and the likes of Madeley in that Iain is a comedic performer. He's aware of a lot of the tropes of what he believes is bad radio, and he often leans into pretending to be a bit out of touch etc to get a laugh - and it's usually pretty signposted as deliberate if you're looking for it.

There's definitely a Partridge trajectory to his career though, I can't deny that. I think the way he talks at the moment it's more likely that he'll get out of the limelight entirely than present The One Show, but you never know, eh?
This bit:

There's definitely a Partridge trajectory to his career though, I can't deny that. I think the way he talks at the moment it's more likely that he'll get out of the limelight entirely than present The One Show, but you never know, eh?
[/QUOTE]

100% can confirm that WILL NOT HAPPEN. Just a big no to that, thanks😂

thislifesucks

So predictions for what happens next ?

We find out old Alistair the most boring man in the world has been paying Eyans mortgage ?
Iain will ignore this, or at least try to downplay it. Perhaps announcing something made up to gain sympathy, you know the old “poor Iain Lee” routine, he’s played it before, he will be doing it again.

• Heart

whybrows

The countdown to Iain Lee on Jack FM continues!

One week to go!

A Rude Awakening? ⏰

• Heart

SupermarketSweep

And who was involved in TLNA, who wasn't involved in previous stations, nor Jack FM?
well….res ipsa loquitur

Another thing that really put me off was when Iain refused to open the letter he received from home when he was on I’m a celeb - it just reminded me of something my own father would have done and I thought it was truly nasty. But then again, that may have been a projection of my own experience onto that situation and an overly judgemental reaction. I was watching it rooting for him - but for the first time I really thought to myself, wow…something really horrible is going on here - sociopathy? Narcissism? I don’t know…

ohannie

VIP Member
Anyone remember Lane/Cleo (basically the Geordie Fatford)? Just thought of him earlier, I don't remember him being in the club since the end of TLNA. Was there a falling out?

In what way is the heckler at a comedy club analogy not relevant, @General Kim? Please explain. In great detail.

I'm afraid I shall have to decline to answer your questions about this Eyan and Kaffbo, as I must confess, I've never heard of them until now?

General Kim

Chatty Member
Can't explain for a few reasons:

It's still neither a relevant nor comparable analogy.

It relates to Eyan & Kaffbo, both of whom you confess to have never heard of before, so that makes it even more of an impossibility to explain, in great detail.

Furthermore, to do so would contradict your claim of having never heard of Eyan & Kaffbo before but you've already replied to quite a few of my posts specifically referencing Eyan & Kaffbo.

LOLs.

Last edited: