Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

heejeebejee

Really minor point but this is my field of work.

Counselling is not the same as clinical psychology/therapy sessions. Counselling is an umbrella term for talking therapies. ‘Counsellor’ isnt a protected title in the same way for example ‘doctor’ or ‘clinical psychologist’ is (meaning only people who are qualified AND accredited can use the title)

counselling has accredited and non-accredited courses available. This is an important distinction.
-If he is not claiming to be accredited, the unfortunately he can call himself a counsellor, put a certificate on the wall he’s printed himself from the internet and charge what he wants, and noone can stop him unless he commits a specific crime (id also want to know his GDPR policy if he is embarking on this)
-if he is claiming to be accredited (and at £200 a session thats an astronomical amount to be paying even for someone accredited, id want them to be highly experienced and skilled for that money) then thats a different matter. The registered body that he is claiming to be accredited to would be the port of call to complain to, or the BACP, to make sure he can never be accredited. However even if this was done, he could still continue as a counsellor, he just cannot claim to be accredited at all. Disgusting!
Thanks for this🙂. What he is proposing to do, just doesn’t sit right. On any level.

GPDR on the twitch show was non existent (cos he harvested at least 4 numbers from initial POC) and TLNA had Ltd company status. So there is form.

Honestly, I wish I wasn’t so bothered about it. 🤷‍♀️ I’m just getting myself in a position to not feel bad about it. Cos I flagged up .😕

What more can you do ?

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Charles the Furred

I’m going to take a break from this thread.
Iain’s rehotoric, re Belfield, in tha last few days is enough for me.
I am sorry Iain was a victim of Belfield's ( who was clearly a bellend from day 1).
However, when you have created victims yourself, like he has, it’s all a bit hollow.
Vulnerable people fell victim to Belfield, as they did to Iain Lee.
Different act but same show. Enabled, enabled, enabled… and now, enabled some more (but with a certificate).
Nothing changes…
Can you at least tell us what he did in that Mid Morning Matters video before you go?

whybrows

Yeah, ha ha, let's drop our female colleague in it.

I know Kath loves being Iain's sidekick but Jo is paving her own way.

Let Jo thrive, don't stitch her up just for a cheap laugh.

• Sad

Charles the Furred

Tuned into Jack FM to see who was covering and it was some woman who had a pre recorded interview with some woman from Gavin and Stacey about how she liked her toast. It was dire.

Be interesting to see how quickly Eyan bounces back from the Covid and whether his frustration of being ill triggers a depressive episode or something equally as dramatic.
Wasn't the Ruth Jones interview with Jo, a competent local newsreader who's getting an amount of praise on here that baffles me?

General Kim

Chatty Member
Page was taken down a few weeks ago.

On the counselling website no prices listed last time I looked.

Can't see how he can charge any more that £65, considering he's only just finished this course. Even then experienced practitioners are charging £65.

A previous poster commented along the lines of a reduced rate while he's building up his experience would be more appropriate.

• Heart
Sure, that's a trickier one. I suppose a lot depends on what happened in the initial call/interaction. I know during the Radio Anywhere shows a few people got upset because Iain went back to his meaner LBC persona when they were expecting the guy who cried in the jungle.

But yeah, those are some awkward calls. I've heard them go well, and I've heard them go horribly badly.

General Kim

Chatty Member
Alex Belfield is in the house.
If it is Alex B, that's perfectly fine. Would be interesting to hear his thoughts.

If it's an attempt by someone to present themselves as Alex B, then it's a rather poor attempt.

If it's an attempt by Alex B himself pretending to be someone who is pretending to be Alex B, it needs some serious work and improvement.

In any event, I doubt Mr Belfield will be sticking around if it is indeed him; for obvious reasons outside of his control.

Although I sincerely hope that's not the case and Mr B retains his liberty. However, if liberty is retained there would be restrictions imposed which would prevent Mr B from posting in any event.

Charles the Furred

I managed to find this statement, but is it really from him? Posted by a Twitter handle that's a garble of letters, with no followers and only following Sky Sports? Surely he'd reach more of the intended audience by shouting out of the window? Why's he not using the account he had before? I'm sceptical.

whybrows

The countdown to Iain Lee on Jack FM continues!

A Rude Awakening awaits ⏰

TLNA with Kath will also continue...so that means earlies and lates for Iain...whoosh! 🌜

General Kim

Chatty Member
@Gingerbread King. Thanks for elucidating!

Yes, I agree, as you say the TLNA vulnerables, in their minds, do feel they're "protecting" him. But it doesn't make the correct.

This proves exactly what I've been saying about them not being "harmless", but quite delusional and attack based on irrationally held views. Like true cultists.

Protecting Eyan from what? Protecting Eyan from Christo, for example?

This just further proves how deranged Eyan's fans are and anything but "harmless".

They literally attack Eyan's victims. With or without a dog whistle from their Messiah.

#Peace&Love
#BeKind
#MayaKnew

If you actually think the crimes of Harvey Weinstein are in any way comparable to Iain exchanging dirty pics with women who wanted to shag the bloke off The Persuasionists, I got nothing for you.

There are some nice people on this thread, but honestly @General Kim you're next level batshit.