Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really good summary.

I'm not at all surprised Jumbo was shut down by Eyan. Jumbo needs his humiliation like a good little sycophantic vulnerable.

You're exactly right about Kaffbo. You put it perfectly.

She's not a particularly nice person, imho. I've got the impression quite a few times she wants to be admired and told how amazing she is for being able to speak French and Spanish. Little sycophants will of course be super impressed because they don't get out much and think Kaffbo is the be all and end all of foreign bilingualism.

Kaffbo being able to speak French and Spanish impresses me about as much as a lump of stale bread, for a number of reasons. She's nothing exceptional.

I remember Eyan was talking about his previous Japanese language learning and he said a few sentences in Japanese.

You should have seen the look on Kaffbo's fizzog. Her bitchy jealously was physically visible. Like she'd got sand up her you know what.
Was she all haughty?
Like.
"Anyway anyway. Who speaks stupid Japanese? No one that's who."

"One Hour To Chat Through Any Issues. £200.00". (Eyan's website).

So Eyan's been "qualified" for 2 minutes, by some unregulated outfit, and he's charging £200 for a 1hr Zoom call.

The Eyan Fee is £200 an hour.

My understanding is:

(a) Other counsellors in same geographic area and with many years of experience charge: £50-£60.

So, Eyan has no professional experience and is charging £200, when other counsellors who have many years of experience are charging an average of £55. Let that sink in.

(b) A counselling psychologist or clinical psychologist charge around £120-£180. Both counselling and clinical psychologists have completed a degree in psychology, have many years of experience and have a post graduate doctorate degree in clinical psychology.

Eyan doesn't have:

(1) a university degree in psychology, and
(2) years of experience, and
(3) any post graduate psychology university qualification, and
(4) is not a qualified member of The Association of Clinical Psychologists UK

Unless I missed something?

Eyan is not a qualified psychologist. But he's charging more than a clinical psychologist.

I just hope the unsuspecting general public understand the differences between a counselling psychologist and a "counsellor". As the two are totally different.

View attachment 1539753
£200 sovs for a session with a freshly "qualified" quack counsellor!
Who does he think he is?
He's no Pamela Stephenson.
And definitely not on Jordan "Bloody" Peterson's level.
The effing nerve

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Really minor point but this is my field of work.

Counselling is not the same as clinical psychology/therapy sessions. Counselling is an umbrella term for talking therapies. ‘Counsellor’ isnt a protected title in the same way for example ‘doctor’ or ‘clinical psychologist’ is (meaning only people who are qualified AND accredited can use the title)

counselling has accredited and non-accredited courses available. This is an important distinction.
-If he is not claiming to be accredited, the unfortunately he can call himself a counsellor, put a certificate on the wall he’s printed himself from the internet and charge what he wants, and noone can stop him unless he commits a specific crime (id also want to know his GDPR policy if he is embarking on this)
-if he is claiming to be accredited (and at £200 a session thats an astronomical amount to be paying even for someone accredited, id want them to be highly experienced and skilled for that money) then thats a different matter. The registered body that he is claiming to be accredited to would be the port of call to complain to, or the BACP, to make sure he can never be accredited. However even if this was done, he could still continue as a counsellor, he just cannot claim to be accredited at all. Disgusting!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Was she all haughty?
Like.
"Anyway anyway. Who speaks stupid Japanese? No one that's who."

£200 sovs for a session with a freshly "qualified" quack counsellor!
Who does he think he is?
He's no Pamela Stephenson.
And definitely not on Jordan "Bloody" Peterson's level.
The effing nerve
I'm circling back, ©️ Jen Psaki,
on the above comment.
I've since found out that you get a pizza, with a topping of your choice, and a fizzy drink thrown in for good measure with every counselling session!

A snip at half the price if you remember how much a sleepover at Iain's hovel was.

He should advertise his services.
An ad in the style of a 70's American car salesman would be most appropriate.
Recorded in blurry definition with too much colour.
Iain is standing outside an office in a Texan back street.
With a pitch that's something along the lines.
"Weeeeeeee!"
He is spinning around arms spread out mimicing a plane
"Yeah that's right!
I'm crazy!
Crazy to be practically giving away an hours counselling with FREE PIZZA for 200 bucks!
Yes you heard right!
FREE PIZZA!
It's me that needs my head examined at this price.
Some people say "But are you accredited?"
Accredited. Schmercredited!
Whaddya need to know?
I've been nuts all my life.
Now tell me that isn't enough experience.
Am I right?
Now this offer isn't gonna last so call
Aylesbury 555 *** ****
to get an hours counselling and FREE PIZZA for just $200.
Yes FREE PIZZA!"

Iain is watching his ad whilst wafting his freshly printed "certificate" and he hopes everyone "gets it"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Very strange how the description on the £200 Skype call says "This is NOT a counselling session. I am a trainee counsellor, but this is NOT a counselling session. However, I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I am bipolar. I am ADHD. I have had suicidal thoughts. I have been depressed." Why would a trained counsellor be charging for a service that sounds very much like a counselling session but explicitly stating it's not that? Simply because he hasn't had the insurance through yet?

You'd think someone with ADHD would say "I have ADHD" and not "I am ADHD". It's the same when people say "I'm OCD", it doesn't make any sense. You don't say "I am disorder", you say you have it.

Just saw this on his website too, hadn't heard of it before:

"Who wouldn’t want to sit and have Domino’s with Iain & Katherine and 5 cats? Now you and one other can! Buy this package and then chat with I&K and agree a date. Come over for 2 hours, have pizza bought for you (and cookies if you want, love those warm cookies). You can even park on Iain’s drive. I get so confused because Iain is writing this and I get lost in first and third person. Anyway, you and up to 4 friends can come to my house, hang out, watch telly or play some PS5 or just chat. If you can’t drive, I’ll pick you up from Aylesbury station and drop you back."

£1200 😂 FFS.

He still hasn't taken down the Radio Anywhere grifts either, he hasn't done it for months yet people are still able to pay to sponsor or host a show.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Very strange how the description on the £200 Skype call says "This is NOT a counselling session. I am a trainee counsellor, but this is NOT a counselling session. However, I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I am bipolar. I am ADHD. I have had suicidal thoughts. I have been depressed." Why would a trained counsellor be charging for a service that sounds very much like a counselling session but explicitly stating it's not that? Simply because he hasn't had the insurance through yet?

You'd think someone with ADHD would say "I have ADHD" and not "I am ADHD". It's the same when people say "I'm OCD", it doesn't make any sense. You don't say "I am disorder", you say you have it.

"Who wouldn’t want to sit and have Domino’s with Iain & Katherine and 5 cats? Now you and one other can! Buy this package and then chat with I&K and agree a date. Come over for 2 hours, have pizza bought for you (and cookies if you want, love those warm cookies). You can even park on Iain’s drive. I get so confused because Iain is writing this and I get lost in first and third person. Anyway, you and up to 4 friends can come to my house, hang out, watch telly or play some PS5 or just chat. If you can’t drive, I’ll pick you up from Aylesbury station and drop you back."

£1200 😂 FFS.

He still hasn't taken down the Radio Anywhere grifts either, he hasn't done it for months yet people are still able to pay to sponsor or host a show.
this is a completely unethical but legal way of avoiding being struck off before hes started. Shows me he’s aware this is a bit dodgy and is trying to cover his arse. Brilliant morals for a future practitioner - not. But to reassure Ian (as im sure he reads here) this is very much my field of expertise and ill be keeping a very close eye on how this progresses and any sign of any unethical behaviour ill be making sure it is reported to the relevant bodies.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 6

£1200 😂 FFS.

He truly is a living pi$$ take.
So 200 notes for a chat with a dysfunctional adult with a myriad of issues to long to list.
Bargain!
I find a "street consultation" with the local white cider swigger a good deal at £20.
Always worth taking notes with this character as he is a goldmine of life lived advice.
He's not accredited though.
Then there's "monkey dust" Mike who teaches yoga with a twist. His novel approach is "static poses" very often at impossible gravity defying angles.
The man can hold the position for ages!
I'm sure it must do wonders for his well being and yours too.
A great stress relief.
Don't forget to slip him a tenner for his time.

Anyway

From just a little research I've noticed that counsellors with MNCS and MBACP accreditations with many years experience are charging on average a 1/3rd of the charlatan's cost.
Jordan Peterson in comparison to Iain was charging $200 in 2017 and him with post nominals as long as the alphabet soup of gender identities we endure these days.

this is a completely unethical but legal way of avoiding being struck off before hes started. Shows me he’s aware this is a bit dodgy and is trying to cover his arse. Brilliant morals for a future practitioner - not. But to reassure Ian (as im sure he reads here) this is very much my field of expertise and ill be keeping a very close eye on how this progresses and any sign of any unethical behaviour ill be making sure it is reported to the relevant bodies.
My ex is an Art teacher and an artist in her own right with a wealth of experience tutoring a wide range of groups.
It could be training students in fine art in a private college one day to watercolours with older people in a community hall the next.
Her lesson plans would take up a sizeable chunk of her "free time".
Not to mention the risk assessments for trips to galleries.
One of her groups were adults with learning difficulties.
She would never patronise this group with childish content.

Iain reminds me of an acquaintance of my ex.
She rocked up with a "Give it a go. How hard can it be?" attitude.
My ex fumed that not only did this woman have no experience but was trusted to teach a class.

Needless to say the glitter, paint and pasta shapes was what the group of adult learners were presented with by this woman.

That's Iain's level of counselling.
Pasta shapes and paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Counselling is not the same as clinical psychology/therapy sessions. Counselling is an umbrella term for talking therapies. ‘Counsellor’ isnt a protected title in the same way for example ‘doctor’ or ‘clinical psychologist’ is (meaning only people who are qualified AND accredited can use the title)

counselling has accredited and non-accredited courses available. This is an important distinction.
-If he is not claiming to be accredited, the unfortunately he can call himself a counsellor, put a certificate on the wall he’s printed himself from the internet and charge what he wants, and noone can stop him unless he commits a specific crime (id also want to know his GDPR policy if he is embarking on this)
-if he is claiming to be accredited (and at £200 a session thats an astronomical amount to be paying even for someone accredited, id want them to be highly experienced and skilled for that money) then thats a different matter. The registered body that he is claiming to be accredited to would be the port of call to complain to, or the BACP, to make sure he can never be accredited. However even if this was done, he could still continue as a counsellor, he just cannot claim to be accredited at all. Disgusting!
Thanks for this🙂. What he is proposing to do, just doesn’t sit right. On any level.

GPDR on the twitch show was non existent (cos he harvested at least 4 numbers from initial POC) and TLNA had Ltd company status. So there is form.

Honestly, I wish I wasn’t so bothered about it. 🤷‍♀️ I’m just getting myself in a position to not feel bad about it. Cos I flagged up .😕

What more can you do ?

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Many thanks for explaining the professions and distinctions so clearly. For many people outside this area of work it's easy to mix up all the different areas and not the know differences.

I suspect Eyan's caveats about the £200 session being not for counselling and Eyan being a trainee counsellor is because he hasn't updated his website.

This just makes it even worse imho. What is he doing charging such an obscene amount to have a non-counselling session chat with a non-"qualified" counsellor, when qualified counsellors charge 75% less. He didn't even wait until he was "qualified" before offering his services.

As Kaffbo likes to say, "This makes absolutely no sense".

How can any organisation have a positive opinion on this?

Right from the very start, Eyan is operating in a dodgy way. Is it any wonder the profession gets a bad name?

In fact, it's before he's even started as a counsellor he's engaging in some shady unprofessional practices. You couldn't make this up. It's really looking like Eyan's true motives are to financially rinse vulnerables. I can see Eyan ending up in the newspapers for all the wrong reasons.

The big question is: How many of these £200 sessions has Eyan already done?

• Heart
I can see Eyan ending up in the newspapers for all the wrong reasons.
A jacket over his head as he is making his way into the court building.
Seems a likely scenario.
Fleecing the vulnerable and a bit of "hands on" therapy for the ladies
Like certain GPs doing chest examinations for a female patient with recurrent headaches.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
For anyone reading the above discussion, in the future, this is to provide context as websites change.

Eyan03.jpg

• Angry
  • Heart
For anyone reading the above discussion, in the future, this is to provide context as websites change.

View attachment 1546046
i mean, the role of the counsellor is to support the individual to bring about meaningful change in their life to improve their wellbeing… what is the difference between a counselling session and what he has described above?

ethically this shows he is putting money above his principles by practicing before he is qualified. Do the course, get the accreditation and begin practice as a newly qualified practitioner with a price to reflect the lack of experience.

i agree with whoever posted above saying this doesnt sit right. Sadly charlatans like him exist all over the country doing something very similar. Rarely as blatant as saying ‘this is NOT a counselling session’ before going on to describe exactly that. Gaslighting at the first opportunity! This guy is a narcissist!

• Heart
Absolutely loved Iain Lee, LOVED HIM. He was funny, super smart, wasn’t afraid to ask difficult questions in interviews. For years I watched his shows, listened to his radio shows. Loved it. He’s the same age as me, not on the same page politically but a great broadcaster.
Then he blocked me on Twitter. I was accused of hate speech. Why? He complained vociferously about being bullied. So I commented to a tweet he wrote where he referred to a certain MP as a ‘pr@ck”. So I simply said, calling someone an offensive name is bullying too Iain. Because it is. And for that I was blocked.
So, am I reading this right. If you’ve been bullied in the past, you get a free pass to bully anyone you like because you are you?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Welcome @pepe le pew, glad you found us!

It has been quite a week:

Iain Lee's Rude Awakening on Jack FM continues!
Patron continues!
Counseling sessions, £200 a pop, commence..!

👛 🤑 💶

Reactions: 2
Absolutely loved Iain Lee, LOVED HIM. He was funny, super smart, wasn’t afraid to ask difficult questions in interviews. For years I watched his shows, listened to his radio shows. Loved it. He’s the same age as me, not on the same page politically but a great broadcaster.
Then he blocked me on Twitter. I was accused of hate speech. Why? He complained vociferously about being bullied. So I commented to a tweet he wrote where he referred to a certain MP as a ‘pr@ck”. So I simply said, calling someone an offensive name is bullying too Iain. Because it is. And for that I was blocked.
So, am I reading this right. If you’ve been bullied in the past, you get a free pass to bully anyone you like because you are you?
He usually seems to block people who say things like that only after having a quick look at their timeline to see if there's any reason not to. I wouldn't be so shocked that he did that, Tenzin ;)

i mean, the role of the counsellor is to support the individual to bring about meaningful change in their life to improve their wellbeing… what is the difference between a counselling session and what he has described above?

ethically this shows he is putting money above his principles by practicing before he is qualified. Do the course, get the accreditation and begin practice as a newly qualified practitioner with a price to reflect the lack of experience.

i agree with whoever posted above saying this doesnt sit right. Sadly charlatans like him exist all over the country doing something very similar. Rarely as blatant as saying ‘this is NOT a counselling session’ before going on to describe exactly that. Gaslighting at the first opportunity! This guy is a narcissist!
No difference whatsoever. None.

Eyan thinks he's being oh so clever by walking a fine line on a tightrope between what is ethical and professional and just being an outright chancer.

I think it's clear how Eyan values his "counselling" time at £200ph. His description of himself: "What I'm saying is I've had life experiences".

Is Eyan saying that because of his alcoholism, drugs abuse, long list of "diagnoses" and life experiences he is far more experienced than other counsellors because they haven't gone through the same? So he's worth 4 times more.

Sounds like "Vietnam Syndrome"; "I've seen some things man, things you wouldn't believe from you're worst nightmares".

Yes you did Eyan mate. In the jungle it was just like your own personal Vietnam.

A couple of serious questions:

1. Who does Eyan think has £200 in these times? Apart from The Big G...
2. How does Eyan justify £200? Can Eyan explain to any potential customer why he's charging 4 times more and with zero experience? Rather than people having to speculate as to why.

It really doesn't look like Eyan gives a stuff about "bringing about meaningful change in their life to improve their wellbeing". I would never have ever said Eyan was a suitable to be a counsellor.

With some people you can just see they would make an excellent counsellor. Not with Eyan. Same goes for Kaffbo, she'd make a truly awful counsellor.

It's all about Eyan and that's on of the worst characteristics a counsellor can have.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it's clear how Eyan values his "counselling" time at £200ph. His description of himself: "What I'm saying is I've had life experiences".

Is Eyan saying that because of his alcoholism, drugs abuse, long list of "diagnoses" and life experiences he is far more experienced than other counsellors because they haven't gone through the same? So he's worth 4 times more.
If I was looking for a counsellor who I felt like could relate to me due to certain experiences (which is understandable) I'd probably try to find one who had actually overcome their problems and had some advice to give and not, for example, someone who keeps falling off the wagon and seems to be stuck in a rut themselves. It doesn't sound good if your counsellor needs more counselling than you do.

Reactions: 7
If I was looking for a counsellor who I felt like could relate to me due to certain experiences (which is understandable) I'd probably try to find one who had actually overcome their problems and had some advice to give and not, for example, someone who keeps falling off the wagon and seems to be stuck in a rut themselves. It doesn't sound good if your counsellor needs more counselling than you do.
It's exactly that.

What I'd like to know is: whatever association Eyan is a member of. Didn't they assess Eyan for suitability? It's clear as day to members of the public that Eyan shouldn't be a counsellor.

The association is as much to blame as Eyan. More so in many ways. The very people who decide who can help vulnerables have allowed a predator character to be accredited.

It's the association who is fully responsible for allowing Eyan to give the profession a bad name by giving him the "credibility" of being accredited.

I have to question the competence of the association Eyan is with as they failed to spot some deeply troubling and obvious personality disorders. How they thought Eyan is a "fit and proper" person to be a counsellor is truly staggering.

The problem is even before Eyan has started, he's already giving the profession a bad reputation. The vast majority of counsellors are genuine people and help people immensely. Money isn't their driving motivation. Taking advantage of vulnerables is the last thing they would ever do.

Then along comes Eyan.

Even with the most charitable interpretation of Eyan. I can't see a single redeeming feature that overwhelms all the negatives and is a price worth paying to allow Eyan to practice as a counsellor.

In essence, is there just one good point that makes up for all the serious bad points that should allow Eyan to influence vulnerables?

View attachment 1546046

I think Iain's counselling "chat" sessions would be as useful to his clients er troubled "chat partners" as homeopathy is to a cancer patient.
I can imagine it would consist of questions in response to his chatee's woes.

Chatter "You see Iain I've been having dark moments that are becoming overwhelming and more prolonged"

Iain is sitting in a Chesterfield armchair looking over his "prop" glasses wearing a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches
" Hmm. So when did you start having these thoughts?"

Chatterer" Well it was just after I lost my job during covid.
Then my...my....I'm sorry....my husband left.

Iain "Hmm. So how did losing your job and your husband leaving make you feel?"

Chatterer "I was heartbroken and in debt and things were getting on top of me. I began to drink heavily to forget."

Iain "Hmm. So how did you deal with your heartbreak and being in debt and how did it make you feel?"

Chat now loses it "I've just f*#king told you I turned to the bottle. So I didn't feel good!"

Iain "Hmm. So how did turning to the bottle make you feel?"

Chat " Aaaaagghhhhh!"

At this point the session came to a stop as the client lunged towards Iain with a phrenology bust she picked off Iain's desk.

He probably blocked you for being, (deep intake of breath), a far right racist, homophobe, transphobe, a facist and white supremacist.
That's the usual response from a middle class socialist with no ability to have their motives and actions questioned.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.