Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eyan has been there 2 minutes and started the smutty one-way "bantz" with a lady he doesn't know. I haven't listened to it, but I'm not surprised.

Also, it puts her in an awkward embarrassing position and going forward her credibility and/or confidence will take a knock through no fault of her own.

It's a classic behaviour of a narcissist to belittle another person from a position of power.

Has Kaffbo commented on this clear case of everything she stands against? Kaffbo has a rather large opinionated gob when it comes to calling this sort of thing out. Just never when it comes to Eyan.

You're entirely right. He's got used to doing this with Kaffbo and in Eyan's mind it's normalised behaviour.

If Eyan lasts long enough, it will end in tears for a few reasons. I can't see Eyan being able to manage the responsibility and commitment, especially on a comparatively low wage.

It was WOPHD who was explaining why Limmy is successful on Twitch and Eyan wasn't.

This is what WOPHD said: "All Limmy does is just put the hard the work in, is committed to doing regular shows and the preparation required: 'the grind'. That's the only reason Limmy has done so well on Twitch and Eyan hasn't."

An insight in to how the mind of a high ranking sycophant works is a truly remarkable thing. Thanks go to WOPHD for his honesty.

I wish Garlicbread King would come back as it was superb being able to analyse the mind of that TLNA cultist. Garlicbread King was quite candid about his vulnerability and TLNA dependency.

I wish more of the TLNA mob would join this thread and we could learn so much from them. Would be amazing to have constructive debates with some advanced TLNA cultists.
Really? I'm surprised at WOPHD. He is very brave. I thought he would have been shunned like Babcock...

I think Garlicbread King may have been more than a 'superfan'...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Really? I'm surprised at WOPHD. He is very brave. I thought he would have been shunned like Babcock...

The 5th column didn’t last long.
It was a low energy invasion and that's for sure.
But looking at the fine specimens of manhood that TLNA have it's hardly a Normandy beach force to be reckoned with.
The only raid this lot are capable of is a midnight fridge feast.

As for the blokey chat on Jack FM.
Iain and Kath would be very sensitive about a caller's clumsy comment ,probably down to their nerves, and pile in on the poor unfortunate.

But Iain can make inappropriate comments to a woman who is probably half his age and that's "bantz"
He probably eyed her up like Jack and Stan on seeing the new "clippie" in the bus depot.

Iain "Pwoah what a scorcher! And I'm not taking about weather.
Am I right lads?
I bet your nightie was very clingy last night. Or was you in jimjams? Or in the altogether?
That's given me a right panhandle thinking about it.
Up next it's Paul Weller and his Wild Wood.
I know the feeling. Right lads?"

But just calling Katherine "Kath" was enough to trigger Our Ei into arsey mode defending Cudd-leh Kath's honour in the right...er...of having her name...er...said in full.
Katherine didn’t seem that bothered by the truncating of her name but Iain was deeply offended on her behalf.
But that wasn't "White Knighting"

Reactions: 3

Garlicbread King reminds me of WOPHD. Defends Eyan with really weak points and then runs off. WOPHD was just being honest and doing his best to defend his saviour. WOPHD isn't the brightest button on the blazer.

Yes, WOPHD did say all of the above. In particular WOPHD's main point was what he calls "the Grind", i.e. doing some work like the rest of the world. Even doing the bare minimum amount of work is a massive hassle and considered as "the Grind" to the likes of WOPHD.

It fits in perfectly with how Eyan ended up the way he did. Surrounded by lickspittles who constantly told Eyan how he didn't need to put in any effort whatsoever and they would all still subscribe to Twitch/Patreon.

I don't understand why the TLNA mob refuse to come on here and tell us all why we've got it all totally wrong? I'm all for hearing both sides of a situation, informed debate and seeing things from the perspective of others.

Can we assume the TLNA zombies don't come on this forum because they haven't got a leg to stand on?

I must admit the last time I heard WOPHD call in it was just funny following his thoughts. Can't remember what the subject was but I was laughing at his lack of logic. Bless. LOLs.

Babock. I don't know much about who or what he is.

I remember something quite strange about Babock and it has stuck with me. It was very odd.

Back in the TR livestreaming days Babcock was on TLNA as a guest. I couldn't work out what Babcock was and kept on waiting to "get it". It never happened. It was without doubt the biggest load of absolute crap I've seen.

Here's the thing.

Eyan looked like he only offered Babcock a slot under duress. It was all very odd. It was like Eyan was trying to get a "commitment" over and done with. As it was visual it revealed Eyan was very uncomfortable. If it was audio only, no way would have picked up on this.

If I didn't know better, it looked like Babcock had something over Eyan and was forcing Eyan to let him on TLNA against Eyan's wishes.

When Babcock was leaving (during news/ad break) he asked Eyan if they could make this a regular weekly thing: A Babcock show on TLNA every week.

The way Eyan reacted was very odd. That's the bit which has stuck. Felt like Eyan was under some kind of duress. Not blackmail, but felt like something similar.

Last edited:
Eyan has been there 2 minutes and started the smutty one-way "bantz" with a lady he doesn't know. I haven't listened to it, but I'm not surprised.

Also, it puts her in an awkward embarrassing position and going forward her credibility and/or confidence will take a knock through no fault of her own.

It's a classic behaviour of a narcissist to belittle another person from a position of power.

Has Kaffbo commented on this clear case of everything she stands against? Kaffbo has a rather large opinionated gob when it comes to calling this sort of thing out. Just never when it comes to Eyan.

You're entirely right. He's got used to doing this with Kaffbo and in Eyan's mind it's normalised behaviour.

If Eyan lasts long enough, it will end in tears for a few reasons. I can't see Eyan being able to manage the responsibility and commitment, especially on a comparatively low wage.

It was WOPHD who was explaining why Limmy is successful on Twitch and Eyan wasn't.

This is what WOPHD said: "All Limmy does is just put the hard the work in, is committed to doing regular shows and the preparation required: 'the grind'. That's the only reason Limmy has done so well on Twitch and Eyan hasn't."

An insight in to how the mind of a high ranking sycophant works is a truly remarkable thing. Thanks go to WOPHD for his honesty.

I wish Garlicbread King would come back as it was superb being able to analyse the mind of that TLNA cultist. Garlicbread King was quite candid about his vulnerability and TLNA dependency.

I wish more of the TLNA mob would join this thread and we could learn so much from them. Would be amazing to have constructive debates with some advanced TLNA cultists.
I remember The Invasion Of The Zombies. It was fun.
Garlicbread King reminds me of WOPHD. Defends Eyan with really weak points and then runs off. WOPHD was just being honest and doing his best to defend his saviour. WOPHD isn't the brightest button on the blazer.

Yes, WOPHD did say all of the above. In particular WOPHD's main point was what he calls "the Grind", i.e. doing some work like the rest of the world. Even doing the bare minimum amount of work is a massive hassle and considered as "the Grind" to the likes of WOPHD.

It fits in perfectly with how Eyan ended up the way he did. Surrounded by lickspittles who constantly told Eyan how he didn't need to put in any effort whatsoever and they would all still subscribe to Twitch/Patreon.

I don't understand why the TLNA mob refuse to come on here and tell us all why we've got it all totally wrong? I'm all for hearing both sides of a situation, informed debate and seeing things from the perspective of others.

Can we assume the TLNA zombies don't come on this forum because they haven't got a leg to stand on?

I must admit the last time I heard WOPHD call in it was just funny following his thoughts. Can't remember what the subject was but I was laughing at his lack of logic. Bless. LOLs.

I remember something quite strange about Babock and it has stuck with me. It was very odd.

Back in the TR livestreaming days Babcock was on TLNA as a guest. I couldn't work out what Babcock was and kept on waiting to "get it". It never happened. It was without doubt the biggest load of absolute crap I've seen.

Here's the thing.

Eyan looked like he only offered Babcock a slot under duress. It was all very odd. It was like Eyan was trying to get a "commitment" over and done with. As it was visual it revealed Eyan was very uncomfortable. If it was audio only, no way would have picked up on this.

If I didn't know better, it looked like Babcock had something over Eyan and was forcing Eyan to let him on TLNA against Eyan's wishes.

When Babcock was leaving (during news/ad break) he asked Eyan if they could make this a regular weekly thing: A Babcock show on TLNA every week.

The way Eyan reacted was very odd. That's the bit which has stuck. Felt like Eyan was under some kind of duress. Not blackmail, but felt like something similar.

I wonder if What's On The Tapes has fallen out with Iain. It could be why he was criticising him...

I wonder if What's On The Tapes has fallen out with Iain. It could be why he was criticising him...

• Haha

Here's the thing.

It's hard to know who is a comedy character or a real life character.
And which bearded bloater is which.
Wasn't Babcock the one who stuck his wotsit up a Henry?

• Haha
  • Wow
Been reading this thread for weeks and finally made an account to contribute.

I first listened to Iain on Absolute and I think he was genuinely talented. Every show was "wacky" and funny and unlike anything else on UK radio at the time.

For me I think the downhill trend started with the focus on mental health at TR but really took off after he saved that guys life who was trying to kill himself. Don't get me wrong that was fantastic listening and they both did a good job getting him help but I think they got something of a saviour complex from it and decided they could solve the nations mental health crisis when neither of them actually have the knowledge or mindset to deal with it.

I actually found TLNA deleterious for my own mental health due to how depressing it was night after night and stopped listening.

I disagree that Babcock was bad though. I think he was a genuinely funny caller. Probably why Iain got rid of him....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Welcome @SilverBells, it's really great to have new posters.

I remember listening to Eyan on LBC years ago and now he's a totally different radio person. There's no comparison. I suppose everyone matures and changes over time. It's just that with Eyan "maturing" it's just been a slow-motion downward spiral after his golden patch.

both did a good job getting him help but I think they got something of a saviour complex from it and decided they could solve the nations mental health crisis when neither of them actually have the knowledge or mindset to deal with it.
You've put it so well. In a way their attitude can be seen as being a bit dismissive of trained professionals. There's also a noticeable self-aggrandizement complex going on with Eyan.

I've seen "kitchen experts" before who've convinced themselves of their expert status in certain fields when they've no training, no working experience, no expertise and zero knowledge. It's disrespectful to those who work selflessly as professionals in areas such as mental health.

I'd never really thought about the detrimental effect on listeners' mental health before caused by listening to TLNA. You've raised an incredibly important point.

I think the comments about the way Iain speaks to the news woman are a bit unfair, it sounds like nothing more than harmless "banter" to me. She doesn't sound uncomfortable and he doesn't seem to overstep the mark, it's just banal radio chit chat and doesn't need to be read into more than that.

The show seems to be going well so far. Sometimes it feels like he's quite out of touch with his old tastes and references that the producer and news woman don't get, but having to work for a local radio station on a relatively quite low wage seems to have humbled him somewhat and I think it's actually working in his favour.

I think the comments about the way Iain speaks to the news woman are a bit unfair, it sounds like nothing more than harmless "banter" to me. She doesn't sound uncomfortable and he doesn't seem to overstep the mark, it's just banal radio chit chat and doesn't need to be read into more than that.

The show seems to be going well so far. Sometimes it feels like he's quite out of touch with his old tastes and references that the producer and news woman don't get, but having to work for a local radio station on a relatively quite low wage seems to have humbled him somewhat and I think it's actually working in his favour.
but how long will that last before he gets his god complex back, say i dunno he finds out the listener numbers have doubled (10 to 20 haha) and dubs himself the saviour of Jack fm and gets above his station again, or conversely if the listener numbers goes down he’ll then be unable to deal with the perceived failure and go on a self destructive cycle? Guy can’t win, probably cos at his core he comes across insecure and bitter and theres only so long he can mask it?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
dubs himself the saviour of Jack fm and gets above his station again, or conversely if the listener numbers goes down he’ll then be unable to deal with the perceived failure and go on a self destructive cycle
Either way it's a win for radio though, his car crashes are almost always entertaining.

• Haha
I get that some of you are fans and prob roll your eyes at my posts.. but this forum is interesting because of all the different views.

I think it’s good that if you come looking for a forum like this , for whatever reason, well, here you go…
Opposing views and different takes are what it's all about. Otherwise it's just one big mutual sing-a-long from the same hymn sheet!

Wish more of the lovely TLNA tribalists would join in and discuss their perspective.

Gatford and the other bearded bloater WOPHD are "bigging up" their parts.
I can see them now in official Iain and Kath merch with a baseball cap and/or a gillet covered in TLNA badges outside the stage door at a Rabbit Hole gig waiting for autographs
That's what Gatfudd does, massively bigs himself up. He's a legend. His mum told him.

The "Therapy Three" can provide door security for any gigs Eyan & Kaffbo play and run the TLNA Merch trestle table.

At the rate Gatfudd is calling in, he's going to need his own "Gatfudd Vault".

Run by Gatfudd & Matty. So that would be "Gatty Stevo". I can chuck £5 in for a 4gb USB memory drive to store all of Gatfudd's calls.

Iain has never made friends in the industry, really, because somewhat ironically, he always turns…🙉
It's exactly that. Funny how the entire radio industry "always turns" on Eyan. Innocent Eyan. Poor Eyan, the entire UK radio industry have got it in for Eyan.

I remember the name Babcock. The lad had genuine talent too or atleast I thought so.

Didn't Iain go later or something by an hour or change something and Babcok got caught in the fire of it, basically I recall some timing thing happening and Iain felt threatened over it. All those boosts on Twitch and still threatened by the small guy lol.
I don't know much about Babcock. Only remember him being in the TR studio once when they were livestreaming TLNA and it was awkward and desperately unfunny (imho/only speaking for myself). It could be that Babcock is entertaining and funny, and it was just a bad day or a bad example of his material?

A couple of posts back I described Babcock's slot on TR TLNA and it was very odd. It honestly looked like Eyan was being forced against his will to host Babcock and couldn't wait to get rid of him. Something wasn't right.

Not heard of or seen Babcock since, that I can remember.

Understand that David Lloyd was in the crossfire this morning…DAVID LLOYD, one of the genuinely, untouchable, good guys!

Iain upset he didn’t give him a job at Boom.

There are other presenters on radio stations, Iain. You know, with views.

He can’t stop himself with this ‘oh so entitled me sh*t’. People have given up on him. David doing so, as Iain indicated , should tell you something. Keep it to yourself Iain, your self-sabotage is peaking.
Who's David Lloyd?

Eyan might find it difficult to start the self-sabotage routine without Kaffbo enabling him.

This was well before the Twitch contract. Babcock started streaming at about 11pm, then Iain started streaming, just to take viewers away from him, which was very obvious. When Babcock commented on it, Iain said he is done with him...
Obviously, a clear case of Babcock "turning on Eyan"

Opposing views and different takes are what it's all about. Otherwise it's just one big mutual sing-a-long from the same hymn sheet!

Wish more of the lovely TLNA tribalists would join in and discuss their perspective.

That's what Gatfudd does, massively bigs himself up. He's a legend. His mum told him.

The "Therapy Three" can provide door security for any gigs Eyan & Kaffbo play and run the TLNA Merch trestle table.

At the rate Gatfudd is calling in, he's going to need his own "Gatfudd Vault".

Run by Gatfudd & Matty. So that would be "Gatty Stevo". I can chuck £5 in for a 4gb USB memory drive to store all of Gatfudd's calls.

It's exactly that. Funny how the entire radio industry "always turns" on Eyan. Innocent Eyan. Poor Eyan, the entire UK radio industry have got it in for Eyan.

I don't know much about Babcock. Only remember him being in the TR studio once when they were livestreaming TLNA and it was awkward and desperately unfunny (imho/only speaking for myself). It could be that Babcock is entertaining and funny, and it was just a bad day or a bad example of his material?

A couple of posts back I described Babcock's slot on TR TLNA and it was very odd. It honestly looked like Eyan was being forced against his will to host Babcock and couldn't wait to get rid of him. Something wasn't right.

Not heard of or seen Babcock since, that I can remember.

Who's David Lloyd?

Eyan might find it difficult to start the self-sabotage routine without Kaffbo enabling him.

Obviously, a clear case of Babcock "turning on Eyan"
I honestly can't tell one screen filling fizzog from another.
(Ughh! I just pictured one of those faces popping up at my window in the dead of night).
They all need to "make an effort" in personal appearance and are only known in the ever diminishing TLNA cult.
As for Iain.
Imagine being amongst people who were infants when you were at your career height.

I have a taste of this when at work and drop a well crafted reference only to get blank 20something European faces looking back.
It's only the haggard old driver in the corner of the canteen who "gets it" as he cackles like a Mexican bandit in a Spaghetti Western.
(Something like the above just wouldn't "land" with a millennial or Svetlana)

Gatford, WOPHD, Matty, Alistair, et al are Iain's knarled old men who "get it"

Last edited:
  • Haha

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Back on the radio ✅
Back in the news ✅

Did he speak about this when he first came out of the jungle? Just curious as I’ve only seen him talking about her bullying him since the whole wagatha Christie debacle…

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Did he speak about this when he first came out of the jungle? Just curious as I’ve only seen him talking about her bullying him since the whole wagatha Christie debacle…
Yes. He even spoke about it while on the actual show.

• Heart
Yes. He even spoke about it while on the actual show.
Ah I see thanks for clarifying! I didn’t watch him in the jungle. I don’t doubt that she did say those things to him as she seems like quite a nasty piece of work.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.