Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pardon my naïveté here but; he has fans? As in actual fans who think he is amazing?
A small tribe of Eyan Lee cultists who believe Eyan can do no wrong and every word he utters is pure genius.

Latest Patreon numbers put it at around 500 fans world wide.

Split in to an inner group of ultra sycophants numbering around 5-10 who would jump off a tall building if Eyan commanded them to.

The remaining vulnerables (490-495) feel obliged to pay a TLNA subscription even if it means they can't afford luxuries like food, clothing and heating.

Around 10% of the 500 TLNA subscribers actually bother to watch, when Eyan can be bothered to do a show.

90% of TLNA subscribers prefer not to watch, yet still pay due to being vulnerables who just want to feel close to their hero.

Anyone still listening to the Clinton Baptiste podcast? Seems like Katherine is on her usual path... started out behind the scenes, then started talking a bit and is now taking over the show. Another good thing ruined.
Couldn't put it better. Clinton Bapitiste podcast has been utterly ruined beyond belief. I've previously commented on the decline that started when Kaffbo joined.

It's dire. I physically can't listen to it any more. It's painful.

It's not all Kaffbo's fault though. Clinton has totally changed the format from quality to quantity. Kaffbo just rabbits more and more utter junk every episode to fill out the time. Nothing Kaffbo says is clever, entertaining, relevant or funny.

Listened to the last show and the only good bit was the student who was demanding to be included in the podcast. That was some classic Clinton Baptistse.

The rest is just dreary, boring, mind numbing filler from Kaffbo. What was Clinton thinking? If that's what he wanted then that's exactly what he's got.

So it's actually Clinton's fault for bringing her onboard and letting her do what she wants. If Clinton scripted Kaffbo better, the show would be better.

But, considering the fact Kaffbo is largely talentless I doubt Clinton could get much better out of her. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and all that.

I've given up on Clinton Baptiste. When he gets rid of Kaffbo and goes back to the old format I will listen again. I'm all for trying new ideas and formats. But this has been a disaster. Anything Kaffbo is involved with is like wearing a pair of extra large concrete boots when swimming.

I suspect Clinton's fan base will feel the same way.

Reactions: 8
I get why he changed the format - he wanted to make money from it, which he has been doing via Patreon. He wouldn't have been making much at all before. The sketches are still quite good (my favourite one so far being when he was squirting ketchup on the date). The rest, reading out from magazines and listening to Alistair and co leave voice messages, is awful. It'd be interesting to hear what fans of Clinton who weren't previously aware of Katherine think of the change.

Reactions: 1
I tried to listen to the radio this morning, but then some bore called Jimbo called in, so I switched off.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
A small tribe of Eyan Lee cultists who believe Eyan can do no wrong and every word he utters is pure genius.

Latest Patreon numbers put it at around 500 fans world wide.

Split in to an inner group of ultra sycophants numbering around 5-10 who would jump off a tall building if Eyan commanded them to.

The remaining vulnerables (490-495) feel obliged to pay a TLNA subscription even if it means they can't afford luxuries like food, clothing and heating.

Around 10% of the 500 TLNA subscribers actually bother to watch, when Eyan can be bothered to do a show.

90% of TLNA subscribers prefer not to watch, yet still pay due to being vulnerables who just want to feel close to their hero.

Couldn't put it better. Clinton Bapitiste podcast has been utterly ruined beyond belief. I've previously commented on the decline that started when Kaffbo joined.

It's dire. I physically can't listen to it any more. It's painful.

It's not all Kaffbo's fault though. Clinton has totally changed the format from quality to quantity. Kaffbo just rabbits more and more utter junk every episode to fill out the time. Nothing Kaffbo says is clever, entertaining, relevant or funny.

Listened to the last show and the only good bit was the student who was demanding to be included in the podcast. That was some classic Clinton Baptistse.

The rest is just dreary, boring, mind numbing filler from Kaffbo. What was Clinton thinking? If that's what he wanted then that's exactly what he's got.

So it's actually Clinton's fault for bringing her onboard and letting her do what she wants. If Clinton scripted Kaffbo better, the show would be better.

But, considering the fact Kaffbo is largely talentless I doubt Clinton could get much better out of her. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and all that.

I've given up on Clinton Baptiste. When he gets rid of Kaffbo and goes back to the old format I will listen again. I'm all for trying new ideas and formats. But this has been a disaster. Anything Kaffbo is involved with is like wearing a pair of extra large concrete boots when swimming.

I suspect Clinton's fan base will feel the same way.
So that’s £5k a month. Not a bad amount for virtually no work.

Reactions: 3
Anyone still listening to the Clinton Baptiste podcast? Seems like Katherine is on her usual path... started out behind the scenes, then started talking a bit and is now taking over the show. Another good thing ruined.
On the Kath front she could always fall back on her Velma cosplay.
Seriously.
She could make barrowloads.
You're presuming that the subscribers have all signed up for the £10 tier.
And there's the Patreon fee to be deducted as well as splitting it 2 ways.
Still a grand an' half for sweet f a is not to be sniffed at.
It pay the for the heating each month if nothing else.
The vulnerable subs may not be so lucky

I tried to listen to the radio this morning, but then some bore called Jimbo called in, so I switched off.
Non Alky Alistair (Britain's very own Joe Pera).
WOPHD©️(General Kim) and Gatford.
They're TLNA's Zippy and Bungle to Iain's Geoffrey.
A right pair of characters and no mistake.

Now Iain's radio programme being a breakfast affair certain safety measures need to be taken into consideration.
Drivers need their wits about them as they make their way to work.
Going from a slumber state to a radio thumping rage is not conductive to safe driving.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Now Iain's radio programme being a breakfast affair certain safety measures need to be taken into consideration.
Drivers need their wits about them as they make their way to work.
Going from a slumber state to a radio thumping rage is not conductive to safe driving.
That lot would put me back to sleep...😅

Reactions: 4
I get why he changed the format - he wanted to make money from it, which he has been doing via Patreon. He wouldn't have been making much at all before. The sketches are still quite good (my favourite one so far being when he was squirting ketchup on the date). The rest, reading out from magazines and listening to Alistair and co leave voice messages, is awful. It'd be interesting to hear what fans of Clinton who weren't previously aware of Katherine think of the change.
I totally agree with that. Was a previous poster (can't remember name) who was saying similar and it makes perfect sense.

I'm quite new to discovering Clinton Baptiste podcasts. Everything from S01E01 to S04E06 is quality. Listened to S01 to S04 a few times now. Can't say any of it is crap. It's all really top quality and very funny.

As soon as Kaffbo joined in S05 it's progressively got worse every episode. I hoped it was a blip. But sadly Clinton has made a terrible mistake.

Kaffbo is the kiss of death. Kaffbo is like Medusa. She turns stuff to stone.

Kaffdusabo. Can turn any radio or podcast stone dead and its listeners. Not surprised her husband is divorcing her.

The only funny bits now are when Clinton is doing stuff that doesn't involve Kaffbo. I remember the ketchup sketch, it was good.

The calls to the "psychic tarot reading" lines are OK, bit hit and miss sometimes. Barry isn't as funny (imo!) as Clinton.

Kaffdusa reading out from the magazines literally bores me to stone.

I did wonder who leaves the voice messages. About 1 out 10 is mildly funny.

It makes sense it's Alkystair's little sub-group of bozos as they do highly rate themselves as being so entertaining.

That's a really good point. What do Clinton's long term fan base make of Kaffdusa? Not much is my guess.

I posted before on their take home (can't quote link as it's on a locked thread - so have copy/pasted):

"A quite reasonably accurate estimate of their net (after fees and tax) monthly take home income from Patreon is around £1,500 each. Nowhere near what he was earning from his Twitch grift, but still being very well paid for not much. It's money for nothing."

This was back in February 2022 and before the reduction in pricing and drop in subscriber numbers. I couldn't be bothered to re-calculate the latest figure but would say it's definitely going to be less.

Brilliant mate! 🤣🤣🤣

Non Alky Alkystair is Zippy.

Gatfool is Bungle.

Eyan is deffo Geoffrey

and Kaffbo is that pink dozy hippo George.

Last edited:
Honestly, I did try to listen again this morning, but its become the same Twitch Fans calling... Make them Stop, Somebody, please.....Make them Stop..

Honestly, I did try to listen again this morning, but its become the same Twitch Fans calling... Make them Stop, Somebody, please.....Make them Stop..
Gave the radio programme a go after my shift this morning.
Yeah. 10mins was enough.
The bitterness was audible when it came to other presenters.
The Steve Allen thing is understandable as the bloke is a nasty, bitchy and an unthinking piece of work.
(There's a poor comedian who receives his hate email called Steve "N" Allen.)
But if you don't like someone don't give them the pleasure of reacting "on air".
Then I looked at his tweets.
My God... the brown-nosing of his hero JOB.
The running down of Nick Ferrari.
The little spat with a daily tweeter.

Then there's the other thing that peed me off when I used to listen.
The laugh.
OY VEY!
What is it with loud laugh already?
It's embarrassing as my neighbours probably think I've finally lost it.
The dash from the kitchen or bathroom sink to turn down the volume and taking my chance with electrocution was nerve-wracking on "Back in the day on TLNA"
(Now there's a tagline for a Classic Iain Lee podcast)
As for listening through headphones it's taking them off before the tinnitus kicks in.
The childish "kid" game was so cringeworthy that I shattered my teeth and further deepened my crows feet wincing.

And then there's Chuckles, (The one man "zoo format"),in the background weeing his pants with every utterance of Iain's.
Yep.
At least I gave it a go.

Last edited:
I had hoped it might have been better than the twitch stuff, but its as bad, if not worse.

• Haha
I don't bother to listen so I rely on what others post.

The tribe taking over TRA by calling in constantly is actually a serious concern.

• Heart
I don't bother to listen so I rely on what others post.

The tribe taking over TRA by calling in constantly is actually a serious concern.
Sorry but when I see "TRA" I think Trans Rights Activists.
Saying that it's not too off the mark with some of his followers.
There's a few of his tribe that feature on a "register" or two

• Haha
(Some technical problem with previous post. Was unable to write or edit as post got locked. Here is the full post)

I don't bother to listen so I rely on what others post. I don't feel the need to listen to the calls myself as can take a good guess about the content.

The "Tribe of 3" taking over RA by calling in constantly is actually a serious concern.

They feel entitled and this will alienate the entire listener base in no time.

The existing listener base will think, "Who do these people think they are? Is it their personal and exclusive playground?"

Long term listeners aren't interested in a group of 3 unfunny TLNA twits who keep on calling in trying to prop up Eyan (with "bantz" I bet).

Why not just change the name from RA to TLNMA: The Late Night Morning Alternative, with regular guest callers, Gatfudd, Alkystair and Jumbo.

Might as well. As it looks like it's become the same old private members personal radio service for the TLNA super fans and controlled by the super fans.

If this is Eyan "revamping" the station. Might as well turn the lights off now and shut up shop.

I can see locals not feeling welcome to call in and numbers are going to do an Olympic nose dive.

Anyway, Eyan can just blame the listeners for "not getting it" when the Programme Director sacks him for poor performance.

🤣

Now changed to "RA" as it's "Rude Awankening Awakening", and not "The Rude Awakening" as I mistakenly previously called it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
General Kim has changed it to RA which is short for IRA... 😅

Reactions: 1
Someone sent me a link to the best of show (cos I have made it clear to few people that this is a proper problem and though I do not want to listen, I do want evidence to my narrative ( cos the PD wanted that🙈… same person who gave a personal assurance Iain Lee did not come anywhere near callers personal details…. absolute BS). They said “ have a listen to the first 6 mins of this”…
Iain was asking the newsreader what she wore in bed and inferring what he hoped for… she sounded sooo uncomfortable. Prob cos she though “ errr I'm the newsreader and sometimes I might need to deliver bad news…so less of the naked stuff.. yeh?” He has got so used to doing this to Katherine, who would enable in a heartbeat. So, now he actually thinks it’s ok😕

FFS

The amount of sexual innuendo in just that highlight package was staggering… they think this is best bits… FFS.

They will crash and burn of the back of Iain Lee.

That’s why no one else has bothered about him.

He is a liability.

Nothings changed, has it?

• Wow
Someone sent me a link to the best of show (cos I have made it clear to few people that this is a proper problem and though I do not want to listen, I do want evidence to my narrative ( cos the PD wanted that🙈… same person who gave a personal assurance Iain Lee did not come anywhere near callers personal details…. absolute BS). They said “ have a listen to the first 6 mins of this”…
Iain was asking the newsreader what she wore in bed and inferring what he hoped for… she sounded sooo uncomfortable. Prob cos she though “ errr I'm the newsreader and sometimes I might need to deliver bad news…so less of the naked stuff.. yeh?” He has got so used to doing this to Katherine, who would enable in a heartbeat. So, now he actually thinks it’s ok😕

FFS

The amount of sexual innuendo in just that highlight package was staggering… they think this is best bits… FFS.

They will crash and burn of the back of Iain Lee.

That’s why no one else has bothered about him.

He is a liability.

It will all end in tears. Someone on here mentioned that the newsreader's boyfriend is a soldier or ex soldier...

• Wow
Reactions: 4

He is a liability.

Eyan has been there 2 minutes and started the smutty one-way "bantz" with a lady he doesn't know. I haven't listened to it, but I'm not surprised.

Also, it puts her in an awkward embarrassing position and going forward her credibility and/or confidence will take a knock through no fault of her own.

It's a classic behaviour of a narcissist to belittle another person from a position of power.

Has Kaffbo commented on this clear case of everything she stands against? Kaffbo has a rather large opinionated gob when it comes to calling this sort of thing out. Just never when it comes to Eyan.

You're entirely right. He's got used to doing this with Kaffbo and in Eyan's mind it's normalised behaviour.

It will all end in tears. Someone on here mentioned that the newsreader's boyfriend is a soldier or ex soldier...
If Eyan lasts long enough, it will end in tears for a few reasons. I can't see Eyan being able to manage the responsibility and commitment, especially on a comparatively low wage.

It was WOPHD who was explaining why Limmy is successful on Twitch and Eyan wasn't.

This is what WOPHD said: "All Limmy does is just put the hard the work in, is committed to doing regular shows and the preparation required: 'the grind'. That's the only reason Limmy has done so well on Twitch and Eyan hasn't."

An insight in to how the mind of a high ranking sycophant works is a truly remarkable thing. Thanks go to WOPHD for his honesty.

I wish Garlicbread King would come back as it was superb being able to analyse the mind of that TLNA cultist. Garlicbread King was quite candid about his vulnerability and TLNA dependency.

I wish more of the TLNA mob would join this thread and we could learn so much from them. Would be amazing to have constructive debates with some advanced TLNA cultists.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.