Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was well before the Twitch contract. Babcock started streaming at about 11pm, then Iain started streaming, just to take viewers away from him, which was very obvious. When Babcock commented on it, Iain said he is done with him...
Its really pathetic being threatened by a smaller content creator tbh, Iain wouldn't address anything to do with the situation ether at the time, did he ever address it after the fact?

Also in regards to General Kim, I joined because of him, hope you are well and you come back one day!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I suppose Babcock was one of the people labelled by Iain and Katherine as having "turned", when in reality it was them who did so after years of relying on his calls for free content. I imagine if the same non-issue had come up when Iain wasn't in a particularly nasty mood he would have been completely fine with him streaming at that time.

Reactions: 5
Iain is basically a self centred wanker. He truly thinks the world revolves around him, I’m totally aghast that he is able to be a councillor…
His life experience is certainly not average and he’s been about… in a world of media… his obnoxious, uncaring attitude got him the media job….
He hasn’t changed in many respects, so I fail to see, just how he can relate or have empathy with most people.

it’s like Dishy Rishi being Prime Minister..
It’s disturbing.

Iain is basically a self centred wanker. He truly thinks the world revolves around him, I’m totally aghast that he is able to be a councillor…
His life experience is certainly not average and he’s been about… in a world of media… his obnoxious, uncaring attitude got him the media job….
He hasn’t changed in many respects, so I fail to see, just how he can relate or have empathy with most people.

it’s like Dishy Rishi being Prime Minister..
It’s disturbing.
I’ve sent Gen Kim a DM via a medium he used in the past. Just where is ourSupreme Leader… I’m getting concerned Kath is acting as a secret Hitman!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Guys!

You are all too kind (#BeKind!) and you're a wonderful bunch! You are all the best.

Here's the thing. Been off for a bit, as like so many, got the COVID22 lurgy (I'm like Eyan and got to get the latest thing) and took a few days off work. I thought "this too shall come to pass". So just getting back up to speed.

Here's the thing, loads of fantastic quality posts on the thread have piled up on me and need some serious reading and catch up. Maya knew.

Here's the thing, I don't know if it's a side effect of COVID22, but now I can't stop saying Eyanisms and Kaffboisms.

Here's the thing, this too shall come to pass?

Shall we start a list of Eyan & Kaffbo's phrases?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I guessed it might be Covid because cases are surging again. I hope you're better.

Another one is 'It's all theatre. You don't get the show!'

Speaking of Maya and Maya Misha, I just realised that Maya Misha is the name of an Instagram account about cats...

Cheers mate. Doing fine. Wasn't that bad, tbh.

Hope all is good with you and all.

Was exactly how medical people are describing this new strain and wave: super transmissible but it's quite mild compared to the first COVID.

Just can't avoid catching it. Saw something on news about its spreading like crazy and autumn might be a problem. Don't think will be another lockdown as symptoms are mild.

Not heard of Maya Misha before. Bet Kaffbo follows anything with Maya in the name. LOLs.

Added to list! That's a classic one: "It's all theatre".

"They always turn on you".

So, I have flagged up Iain Lee’s character flaws to a few individuals ( you’re welcome) ….

His new Jack FM show, has been troublesome for me.., because I know what he is like.

I’m not sure why he’s been afforded the opportunity, when there is so much authentic talent out there.

You backed the wrong horse.

Be careful what you wish for… I suspect , Iain would say “this too shall pass”
Hi Steve,

I did not expect to email you again, but I am unhappy…

Please ensure you adhere to the pledge that you made re:

“On a personal note, if it offers you peace of mind we have a producer who deals with the callers, it's not Iain.”

That is not happening, Steve.

He has made it clear(via his twitch streams) that he had access to caller numbers. I honestly think it is really important that you address this because you said that would not happen., and it is…

I’m not on a vendetta here, Steve, but I am going to flag, every time…

It’s important.. honestly, it is…
Get out now.

This sent to the PD, beacuse I want to be in a situation where I can say, I did my best gut feeling…😕

Hi Steve,

“On a personal note, if it offers you peace of mind we have a producer who deals with the callers, it's not Iain.”

He has made it clear(via his twitch streams) that he had access to caller numbers. I honestly think it is really important that you address this because you said that would not happen., and it is…

(I included my name on the email….though not here). I stand by everything I have said.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
So, I have flagged up Iain Lee’s character flaws to a few individuals ( you’re welcome) ….

His new Jack FM show, has been troublesome for me.., because I know what he is like.

I’m not sure why he’s been afforded the opportunity, when there is so much authentic talent out there.

Hi Steve,

Get out now.

This sent to the PD, beacuse I want to be in a situation where I can say, I did my best gut feeling…😕

Hi Steve,

(I included my name on the email….though not here). I stand by everything I have said.
There is a variety of social media these days, so one does not need to rely on phone numbers.

Are the 'few individuals' his colleagues?

Reactions: 2

Hi Steve,

Get out now.

Hi Steve,

As much of a critic of Iain that I am, you're coming across as insane with this stuff.

@ohannie I wonder if @heejeebejee might have a connection somehow different to others.

For example, I believe (reading here) there may have been four women who received dick pics from Iain. It has been suggested that one/some of these women were vulnerable. I read @heejeebejee posts as someone who might know one of the women and wants to safeguard others.

If anyone doesn't like what someone else shares on here, there is an 'ignore' button, just click on their avatar and it will come up.

Stay cool, everyone 🌡☀ ❤

As much of a critic of Iain that I am, you're coming across as insane with this stuff.
If you want to feel that way you can.

I’ve been clear about my objective. Iain Lee should not have access to callers numbers because he abuses them. He has done this at at least 2 stations that have employed him. It’s grubby and a bit dodgy.

When he was given a new platform on Jack FM, for me, that red flagged because of the previous behaviours.

I raised my concerns. I received a response that indicated an assurance that Iain did not deal with calls or have access to numbers. I thought…ok.

However, he is having access to callers numbers and dealing with calls. So there goes that assurance. I think that’s a problem.

I will say, I think referring to someone as insane, it’s unpleasant.

I have different views to you. That’s all.

I know why I’m making my posts and I’m happy with my reasoning.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you want to feel that way you can.

I’ve been clear about my objective. Iain Lee should not have access to callers numbers because he abuses them. He has done this at at least 2 stations that have employed him. It’s grubby and a bit dodgy.

When he was given a new platform on Jack FM, for me, that red flagged because of the previous behaviours.

I raised my concerns. I received a response that indicated an assurance that Iain did not deal with calls or have access to numbers. I thought…ok.

However, he is having access to callers numbers and dealing with calls. So there goes that assurance. I think that’s a problem.

I will say, I think referring to someone as insane, it’s unpleasant.

I have different views to you. That’s all.

I know why I’m making my posts and I’m happy with my reasoning.
I wasn't talking about your posts, I was talking about you contacting his employers.

They're probably not taking you seriously because most people will just tell you what they think you want to hear and then have a laugh about it around the office. I know, I've worked in radio stations before. The amount of similar emails we received was incredible. Be thankful you got a reply.

I wasn't talking about your posts, I was talking about you contacting his employers.

They're probably not taking you seriously because most people will just tell you what they think you want to hear and then have a laugh about it around the office. I know, I've worked in radio stations before. The amount of similar emails we received was incredible. Be thankful you got a reply.
You were talking about my posts.

They can choose to receive the emails however they wish. I wanted to make sure my concerns had been raised ( for my peace of mind) and seen by them ( for themselves). Of course I’m going to contact the employer because he has got one now.

I challenged when an assurance was not kept ( I would never have used the words personal note and assurance in the same sentence, as a guarantee about someone else, whoever they were). I was v surprised the response included that line. I thought at best it was a very naive thing to say.

I’m not thankful I got a response, I didn’t want to have to email them, but they have taken him on after 2 years of no one else doing so… here we go again

I mentioned before , sometimes, posts like yours feel to me, to stray in to trying to stifle opinion by ridicule.

If they are laughing, well…ok. They shouldn’t be. I don’t find any of it funny.

• Heart
They’ll take them as malicious, because they are probably reading these posts, so will have seen yours.
Sorry, but that’s likely the case!

I understand people 'having a laugh' in the office about these threads, but I would be horrified if an employer with the public profile of Jack FM would not, at the very least, keep on file public concerns around safeguarding the data (phone numbers) of their listeners.

You were talking about my posts.
No, I was talking about the emails you've been sending. Report any malicious use of phone numbers by Iain if/when it happens, sure, but the "warnings" you've been sending will just be dismissed. Until then your emails will just be put in the same file as all the other nonsense stations receive from their listeners. It's pointless.

He was taking calls my Skype yesterday when the phone line wasn't working, so he'll have all those phone numbers too.

I understand people 'having a laugh' in the office about these threads, but I would be horrified if an employer with the public profile of Jack FM would not, at the very least, keep on file public concerns around safeguarding the data (phone numbers) of their listeners.
I wasn't talking about these threads, I was talking about the emails and letters received from listeners. Things will only be "kept on file" if there's a reason for them to be. E.g. if some insane listener sent a letter accusing a presenter of putting a curse on him, as I've seen in the past, there would be no need to keep it on file as a concern - these are photocopied and stuck on the wall for a laugh. Listeners write in with crazy stuff all the time. Unless it's about something specific that has happened it'll be ignored, accusations and warnings are irrelevant.

Last edited:
No, I was talking about the emails you've been sending. Report any malicious use of phone numbers by Iain if/when it happens, sure, but the "warnings" you've been sending will just be dismissed. Until then your emails will just be put in the same file as all the other nonsense stations receive from their listeners. It's pointless.

He was taking calls my Skype yesterday when the phone line wasn't working, so he'll have all those phone numbers too.

I wasn't talking about these threads, I was talking about the emails and letters received from listeners. Things will only be "kept on file" if there's a reason for them to be. E.g. if some insane listener sent a letter accusing a presenter of putting a curse on him, as I've seen in the past, there would be no need to keep it on file as a concern - these are photocopied and stuck on the wall for a laugh. Listeners write in with crazy stuff all the time. Unless it's about something specific that has happened it'll be ignored, accusations and warnings are irrelevant.
I’d prefer for you to not respond to my posts.

We have very different views, and you are saying mine are nonsense and my concerns will be treated as such.

You may well be correct. As you say, you have worked at stations were crazy stuff would come in all the time, be laughed at and filed away. No doubt a spotlight will be shone on the issue (again) as the Tim Westwood thing catches fire.

If my emails are filed in the nonsense folder, well, at least there somewhere on file.

I’ll take that, over nothing.

I’m not going to respond to you anymore.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.