Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The smugness in the voices of these three is incredible. They really do think they're doing us all a favour.

I suppose they are doing Iain a favour since for a "phone in show" there's a distinct lack of calls. Hopefully it picks up over the next year, but it isn't looking good so far. The parts that aren't phone ins are actually pretty good though.
The show certainly has potential. Just hope he can be consistent, but what with hearing Dim Jolly’s voice, then having to cope with the “Usual Suspect's” calling in… I’m not sure how much I can endure.

Reactions: 1
The smugness in the voices of these three is incredible. They really do think they're doing us all a favour.

I suppose they are doing Iain a favour since for a "phone in show" there's a distinct lack of calls. Hopefully it picks up over the next year, but it isn't looking good so far. The parts that aren't phone ins are actually pretty good though.
If there is a ‘lack of callers’ TBH, good.

The callers you have referenced, are long time listeners. For me that says they are all ok with everything… so any consequences ( should there be any) are kinda mitigated.

It’s the new callers that would be my concern, so if there are not many… err.., good!

I get that some of you are fans and prob roll your eyes at my posts.. but this forum is interesting because of all the different views.

I think it’s good that if you come looking for a forum like this , for whatever reason, well, here you go…

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The show certainly has potential. Just hope he can be consistent, but what with hearing Dim Jolly’s voice, then having to cope with the “Usual Suspect's” calling in… I’m not sure how much I can endure.
Is Dom Jolly doing the voiceover links?
Matt Berry is well pricey since Toast I s'pose.
As for the "Therapy 3" being regular callers...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Alas, Tis true. Dom F’ing Jolly… pretentious prick!
Ooff!
You REALLY don't like Trigger Happy Dom.
I've not bothered to listen since his controversial/contrived stunt.
That and he immediately went into blue haired student mode by callling other radio presenters facists.
That's an insult to facists for starters.
Well ...you have seen them.
They wouldn't pass muster with Mussolini. And that's for sure.
Facists indeed!

And don't even get me started on the everyone being a blinking nazi, nowadays.
I think Hitler has suffered enough posthumous abuse without lumping him in with the sorry state of people that pass for "nazis" these days.

Anyway lifey. (I can call you that can't I?)
Don't get lobbing the trannie out the window the next time you hear Dom.

Reactions: 1

What have that unholy trinity got to be smug about, anyways?
Non Alky Ali is the UK's very own Joe Pera but without the charm.
Gatford and the other bearded bloater WOPHD are "bigging up" their parts.
I can see them now in official Iain and Kath merch with a baseball cap and/or a gillet covered in TLNA badges outside the stage door at a Rabbit Hole gig waiting for autographs

• Haha
The link doesn't work either, seems like the invite code is expired.

Sad to see Iain is already begging "the regulars" to call in with their terrible patter and specifically "in-jokes". Breakfast shows that take calls always seemed very, very light on calls anyway (unless they were competition based) so it isn't surprising to see he's resorting to asking the usual motley crew to help out. He's got a good thing going with the new producer and newsreader that I think it'd be better if there weren't any calls at all. I'll happily listen to the three of them in the mornings at work. If Alistair and Gatford keep calling every day I'm just going to stop listening though.

For anyone that doesn’t get enough Gatford and Alistair, their first attempt at a “podcast” last night is up on Gatford’s twitter (Alistair takes an hour to get his mic working). Iain also drops in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
For anyone that doesn’t get enough Gatford and Alistair, their first attempt at a “podcast” last night is up on Gatford’s twitter (Alistair takes an hour to get his mic working). Iain also drops in.
Isn't the beauty of a podcast that you can edit things like technical problems like that out?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Post a link, just for the laughs!

• Haha
I wonder if they were holding off incase Iain got jealous like with the other guy he said was stealing his viewers....

Were they doing a live podcast btw?

• Haha
I wonder if they were holding off incase Iain got jealous like with the other guy he said was stealing his viewers....

Were they doing a live podcast btw?
This has reminded me about that caller.

At the time that was broadcast, the verocity of the ensuing implosion ( totally out of proportion reaction from Iain, pile on encouraged etc… kinda bullying), that was a red flag (missed😕).

I remember him be genuinely incandescent, because the guy was creating. I assume he saw it as a betrayal, threat, they always turn… … whatever🙈

He was just doing what Iain had done but with a greater degree of uncertainty. Just support sometimes, you know. Don’t just expect to take.

Iain has never made friends in the industry, really, because somewhat ironically, he always turns…🙉

Last edited:
  • Heart
This has reminded me about that caller.

At the time that was broadcast, the verocity of the ensuing implosion ( totally out of proportion reaction from Iain, pile on encouraged etc… kinda bullying), that was a red flag (missed😕).

I remember him be genuinely incandescent, because the guy was creating. I assume he saw it as a betrayal, threat, they always turn… … whatever🙈

He was just doing what Iain had done but with a greater degree of uncertainty. Just support sometimes, you know. Don’t just expect to take.

Iain has never made friends in the industry, really, because somewhat ironically, he always turns…🙉
I remember the name Babcock. The lad had genuine talent too or atleast I thought so.

Didn't Iain go later or something by an hour or change something and Babcok got caught in the fire of it, basically I recall some timing thing happening and Iain felt threatened over it. All those boosts on Twitch and still threatened by the small guy lol.

Thinking about it you are right though he's not made friends bar Kath, but Kath wasn't a competitor of sorts. He sis envious over people like Gervais and Baron Cohen too considering he still talks about them. He talks about the stars he's met like anyone cares too.

• Heart
I thought the fall out was the because Babcock was doing a TLNA spoof show on Twitch after Iain had signed the Twitch contract (but hadn't yet announced it) so was raging about it. It wasn't clear why though, it would never have stolen any viewers. Funnily enough Babcock still occasionally streams and when he does gets more viewers than Iain.

• Wow
I remember the name Babcock. The lad had genuine talent too or atleast I thought so.

Didn't Iain go later or something by an hour or change something and Babcok got caught in the fire of it, basically I recall some timing thing happening and Iain felt threatened over it. All those boosts on Twitch and still threatened by the small guy lol.

Thinking about it you are right though he's not made friends bar Kath, but Kath wasn't a competitor of sorts. He sis envious over people like Gervais and Baron Cohen too considering he still talks about them. He talks about the stars he's met like anyone cares too.
Understand that David Lloyd was in the crossfire this morning…DAVID LLOYD, one of the genuinely, untouchable, good guys!

Iain upset he didn’t give him a job at Boom.

There are other presenters on radio stations, Iain. You know, with views.

He can’t stop himself with this ‘oh so entitled me sh*t’. People have given up on him. David doing so, as Iain indicated , should tell you something. Keep it to yourself Iain, your self-sabotage is peaking.

• Wow
  • Haha
Understand that David Lloyd was in the crossfire this morning…DAVID LLOYD, one of the genuinely, untouchable, good guys!

Iain upset he didn’t give him a job at Boom.

There are other presenters on radio stations, Iain. You know, with views.

He can’t stop himself with this ‘oh so entitled me sh*t’. People have given up on him. David doing so, as Iain indicated , should tell you something. Keep it to yourself Iain, your self-sabotage is peaking.
He can always join Pure Gym or even a Ballatynes Gym he doesn't have to go to Lloyds.
The cyat blyat.

Lurker here...👋👋 Enjoy reading the thread...where's General Kim?
General Kim turned out to be an agitator.
He played the part well. Very well.
But was an insider.
I suspected as much.
Best let him be.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
I thought the fall out was the because Babcock was doing a TLNA spoof show on Twitch after Iain had signed the Twitch contract (but hadn't yet announced it) so was raging about it. It wasn't clear why though, it would never have stolen any viewers. Funnily enough Babcock still occasionally streams and when he does gets more viewers than Iain.
This was well before the Twitch contract. Babcock started streaming at about 11pm, then Iain started streaming, just to take viewers away from him, which was very obvious. When Babcock commented on it, Iain said he is done with him...

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.