I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most fake tans use influencers to advertise which I understand but it does annoy me. I’ve seen so many instagrammers rave about Tanologist and say they only use it but its not got great reviews elsewhere. I can’t trust any influencer/YouTubers fake tan routines as every one I’ve watched is sponsored.

Also really hesitant of gym wear brands - I’ve had three pairs of leggings from Gymshark and two got holes in them within a couple months. They did refund my last pair despite it being months later which was nice but has made me question why they’re so hyped up by every fitness influencer.
Lucy locket loves is really good for leggings and fitness gear, as far as I know she doesnt do any insta freebies as the fb group is so popular. I have a few sets myself and can't recommend them enough.

I also meant to add shark to my list.
I have had a few deliveries from bloom and wild, the last bunch were terrible quality and had to fight for a replacement.

Reactions: 2
Great thread, can't wait for the Instagram bubble to burst like Bebo did and l these beggers will have be to live in the real world. I challenged a few if them asking why they've never done a bad review? Was told by one that she's never been sent something she didn't like, how does that work????? All the brands mentioned above on this thread I will never buy from. Marks and Spencer really annoy me as a customer who collects sparks card points for absolutely nothing, why not send paying customers new stuff too try....?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Motel rocks! They do multiple lavish trips a year with influencers to places like Bali, miami, New York and Tokyo but they have about 4 dress patterns and just change the fabric for each product? Basically paying £40 to send an influencer on holiday🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Great thread, can't wait for the Instagram bubble to burst like Bebo did and l these beggers will have be to live in the real world. I challenged a few if them asking why they've never done a bad review? Was told by one that she's never been sent something she didn't like, how does that work????? All the brands mentioned above on this thread I will never buy from. Marks and Spencer really annoy me as a customer who collects sparks card points for absolutely nothing, why not send paying customers new stuff too try....?
Have the same issue with the Sparks card. Utter rubbish

Reactions: 4
Gousto
Milk & more
Have unfollowed so many small skincare profiles because they’ve turned into “look what I’ve been sent today” 🖕🏼

Regatta have been busy sent freebies out this week. Used to buy their coats but not anymore.

Reactions: 3
Most fake tans use influencers to advertise which I understand but it does annoy me. I’ve seen so many instagrammers rave about Tanologist and say they only use it but its not got great reviews elsewhere. I can’t trust any influencer/YouTubers fake tan routines as every one I’ve watched is sponsored.

Also really hesitant of gym wear brands - I’ve had three pairs of leggings from Gymshark and two got holes in them within a couple months. They did refund my last pair despite it being months later which was nice but has made me question why they’re so hyped up by every fitness influencer.
Go on eBay and get creative with your searches and you'll find pretty much all gym shark gym gear but unbranded at about £10 a set

Reactions: 3
I understand PR packages to some people to get the word out but if you’re taking a load off influencers on holiday that can well afford it then you can duck off. I’m not paying an increased price for a product because you wanted to spoil some idiots that would barely look twice at your product while all the poor little people that made your company and pay your wages have to subsidise it

Reactions: 14
Iconic London
I roll my eyes so hard when every instagrammer whips these out but the set and glow spray is actually really good and only slightly overpriced. Bought a bottle twice and used the codes of someone that influenced me so hard I cant even remember who they are

Reactions: 5