Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is he still on £400k a year whilst suspended? From the licence fee????

Almost certainly not

Providing employees have complied with their obligations, the BBC will pay 18 weeks full pay and 9 weeks half pay in a rolling 12 month period during periods of health related absence.

Reactions: 5
You have to be seriously, SERIOUSLY mentally ill to be unfit to have a meeting with your employers after six months. It could be done on Teams even. He wouldn't even have to attend in fact, his lawyer could speak for him.

I don't think he's "unfit" at all, I think he's just trying to spin it out as long as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
You have to be seriously, SERIOUSLY mentally ill to be unfit to have a meeting with your employers after six months. It could be done on Teams even. He wouldn't even have to attend in fact, his lawyer could speak for him.

I don't think he's "unfit" at all, I think he's just trying to spin it out as long as possible.
Me too

Reactions: 3
Can’t believe they wheeled Witchell out of retirement to cover it. Surely they have a new royal corresponden?

Reactions: 4
They must really be missing Huw short to bring Witchell back, especially as Charles hates him 😂

• Haha

The annoying this is, this is going to be the new playbook for future scandals. Stay in a private hospital for 6 months until it blows over, with no one allowed to critique you because your mental health is too delicate. Schofield must be kicking himself he didn't think of it first.

Reactions: 7
Huw would have been ideal to show us where the prostrate is.
‘And if you were wondering where the prostate gland is located’ before dropping his pants and baring all. It could have been like one of those health checks they do on This Morning or Lorraine.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The private clinic scam......You can stay "unfit" for as long as you can afford

Reactions: 4
I don't think he is necessarily 'milking the system' with his disappearance. Mental health is very complex and entirely non linear, so you can go for periods where you feel a lot brighter and then the slightest thing can set you back. I am not excusing any of his behaviour, but I personally believe (and yes it is just an opinion) that he attempted to take his own life and is recovering in the aftermath. In any case, none of us can really know the truth and all of this is just speculation. But I'm not personally comfortable with dismissing his illness just because it's not a wholly physical disorder.

Schofield can get in the bin mind, with all that passive aggressive bullshit about knowing how Caroline Flack must have been feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't think he is necessarily 'milking the system' with his disappearance. Mental health is very complex and entirely non linear, so you can go for periods where you feel a lot brighter and then the slightest thing can set you back. I am not excusing any of his behaviour, but I personally believe (and yes it is just an opinion) that he attempted to take his own life and is recovering in the aftermath. In any case, none of us can really know the truth and all of this is just speculation. But I'm not personally comfortable with dismissing his illness just because it's not a wholly physical disorder.

Schofield can get in the bin mind, with all that passive aggressive bullshit about knowing how Caroline Flack must have been feeling.
It would be interesting to know whether he would still be considered "unfit" if he were in an NHS facility.

I’m still hopeful he’ll make a come back with his own show, Huws at Ten. 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This is the problem. A lot of people on these threads (and others) seem to take the view that any mental health issues are fake.
To me, the fact that the BBC is stating he’s still unfit lends credence to how serious his mental health issues probably still are. The BBC wants this resolved. They’d probably do anything in their power to get this process going. If Huw is faking it, surely they’d sue him for breach of contract or something. Their reputation is at stake. My guess is that if the BBC says Huw is unfit to discuss his future, than he really must be unfit and ipso facto, it must be serious.

I do wonder at what point the BBC can say he’s incapacitated and they’re allowed to break his contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3