Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a rumour he’d made an attempt on his life. It’s came from the journalist Anna Breeze who is a bit of a conspiracy theorist, ant vax etc so should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it was interesting to see how many people responded to her to say they’d hears the same thing. The media silence since he vanished I would say supports the claim somewhat.

Reactions: 7
To me, the fact that the BBC is stating he’s still unfit lends credence to how serious his mental health issues probably still are. The BBC wants this resolved. They’d probably do anything in their power to get this process going. If Huw is faking it, surely they’d sue him for breach of contract or something. Their reputation is at stake. My guess is that if the BBC says Huw is unfit to discuss his future, than he really must be unfit and ipso facto, it must be serious.

I do wonder at what point the BBC can say he’s incapacitated and they’re allowed to break his contract.
The BBCs position doesn’t tell us anything. Even if they themselves thought he was faking it, as an employer they would be on dodgy ground to speed up any process and Huw would be covered by the equality act so a reasonable adjustment would be to give him extended time off until he’s ready to face their process. All they would need from Huw is a doctors sick note confirming he’s still unfit.

Eventually they could dismiss him on capability grounds (due to ill health) but that is also dodgy territory once someone is covered by the equality act. BBC can’t afford for Huw to take them to court for discrimination / unfair dismissal. He has them by the balls no matter what the true situation is. I presume they aren’t paying him any sick pay now so it probably doesn’t cost them anything to prolong it for however long Huw wants.

Reactions: 6
With the way he's been so hidden away for so long how, and his wife being so protective I am inclined to believe he did have some sort of massive mental health crisis when the story came out.

I feel like he's going to just live as a private citizen from this point and the public generally won't hear from him again. I just hope it won't become the new standard, too many people accused of wrong-doing use mental health issues as a shield.

Reactions: 6
With the way he's been so hidden away for so long how, and his wife being so protective I am inclined to believe he did have some sort of massive mental health crisis when the story came out.

I feel like he's going to just live as a private citizen from this point and the public generally won't hear from him again. I just hope it won't become the new standard, too many people accused of wrong-doing use mental health issues as a shield.
I also believe his breakdown was genuine, especially as he had spoken about his struggles way before this incident.
I think you’re correct though, and unfortunately people in the future will probably latch onto this as an excuse when accused of something. 🙁

Reactions: 7
Thought you might be planning to start your own Huw club. 😂
Starting? I’ve already got badges and I’ve been outside the BBC for months now with a “Bring Huw Back” sign!

For avoidance of all doubt, I’m joking and am not overly invested in Huw’s career. Although I do hope he’s okay, because I find the radio silence quite ominous to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 5