Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stardust21

VIP Member
You can't fault his advisors though. He's reacted perfectly. Disappear, don't offer a comment. Have a loved one do it. Then hide away and wait for it all to blow over when someone else gets to be on the front pages. I wonder if the BBC were feeding the Times and Channel 4 info about Brand to help the public forget about Huw.

*adjusts tin foil hat to a jaunty angle*
The Times have been investigating Brand for 4 years, and the BBC having employed him and him having used BBC cars to pick up school girls, makes me think it’s highly unlikely the BBC were feeding stories to help make the Brand story a big thing.

Reactions: 7

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There was a rumour he’d made an attempt on his life. It’s came from the journalist Anna Breeze who is a bit of a conspiracy theorist, ant vax etc so should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it was interesting to see how many people responded to her to say they’d hears the same thing. The media silence since he vanished I would say supports the claim somewhat.

Dr.CM

Chatty Member
I can’t see him going down the reality tv route
I don’t think he is like Paul Burrell where anything to be in the public eye is better than nothing

I think he might go into writing books or be on the radio instead

I said on the Schofield thread he’d be on the most shocking celebrity moments of the year list in December but I guess Huws appearance on that might be limited by whether he is out of treatment by that stage. Personally I don’t think we need or should get updates on how he is until he is finished with that and issues his own statement. Interesting there have been no leaks at all compared to Schofield who seems to have new stories/sightings every week
Two aspects to this - Firstly, Schofield isn't declaring himself unfit to function in a way that constitutes 'medically unwell', plus he is also courting the press making little statements here and there and he's out and about now and then being seen / papped. Secondly, the press legally cannot report on anything to do with HE as long as he is declared legally and medically unwell - it's a violation of privacy and even if they have been supplied photos of him coming and going from a treatment centre or they've tip offs from members of staff who work in treatment centre, they quite literally cannot do anything with them. The full force of the law would come down on anyone who publishes such things.

Possibly a tiktoker or youtuber might leak stuff but AFAIK this hasn't happened.

Seems that HE has installed himself into somewhere very discreet, probably overseas, and probably for a long long time (I have always said minimum 12 months) and his privacy and confidentiality is being maintained from leaks, prying eyes, and paps.

I'm sure we all know the first person who gets that photo or video footage of HE emerging back into the real world will make a lot of money from it.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
You never know he might make a come with a Sun world exclusive

’Why I got my arse out on the internet‘

• Haha
  • Heart

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I dreamt about Huw Edward’s last night. I chatted with him at a train station - he told me how the media target individuals to make their lives a misery. I wanted to tell him that sending explicit photos off himself / demanding them back and possibly money changing hands really isn’t a good idea. In the dream though, I didn’t say this - I kept quiet.

I woke up thinking that the exchange was real 😆

• Haha

carriebooboo

VIP Member
You have to be seriously, SERIOUSLY mentally ill to be unfit to have a meeting with your employers after six months. It could be done on Teams even. He wouldn't even have to attend in fact, his lawyer could speak for him.

I don't think he's "unfit" at all, I think he's just trying to spin it out as long as possible.
The annoying this is, this is going to be the new playbook for future scandals. Stay in a private hospital for 6 months until it blows over, with no one allowed to critique you because your mental health is too delicate. Schofield must be kicking himself he didn't think of it first.

thegossboss92

What if he had to take a photo for a telehealth appointment and when his phone got stolen, the pic was leaked 🤔 Surely that explains the scowl!! Maybe he had an itchy bum!

You can thank me later, Huw.

Last edited:
  • Haha

stardust21

VIP Member
Hmmm, desensitizing the British public by spoofing the whole thing. Clevah, AC, clevah.

Echoing the scandal surrounding Huw Edwards' suspension as the BBC's flagship news and events anchor this summer amidst accusations of sexual misconduct, Douglas' alleged indiscretion is dissected, analysed and blown out of all proportion in the subsequent digital storm.”

To be fair, Huw’s was blown out of proportion because the Sun essentially accused him of being a nonce in the hope someone underage actually came forward (which they didn’t).

I’m not saying what HE did was right but it wasn’t illegal. And that’s a really important distinction in comparison to what they accused him off, which was illegal.

I wonder if the reason we’ve not heard from HE is because he’s going to sue the Sun for loss of earnings due to this.

thegossboss92

Dan Wootton has been sacked. Hurray! Huw and mum are probably having a celebratory tipple 🥂

eta: oops, only by the Mail. Still employed by GB News 😫

Reactions: 6
Early retirement once he has
My prediction is he'll come out of treatment, agree to resign / or accept that he's dismissed / or take medical retirement, make a small comment about being ashamed of himself for poor conduct due to mental illness or addiction and stay very quiet and have a very nice life in retirement somewhere. Take up painting or write a memoir. done.
Bob on!
Once retired he has freedom to shamelessly have his fill of bums and willies. He could hang out with Schofe 👍🏻

• Haha
  • Heart

thegossboss92

Saw this on twitter. Tim Davie was questioned again in some committee and the Huw situation was brought up. Fast forward to 00:32

Q: "On the issue of being kind, are you going to bring Huw Edwards back?"
A: "Definitely n... uhm, I'm not gonna comment on an individual case, you know that".

It sounded like he was going to say "definitely not" but he just about saved his butt. His explanation that they just 'had to get through the process fairly with uhm, you know, the right values and ...' also sounded like he was thoroughly sick of the whole thing 😵

Dr.CM

Chatty Member
It's the first anniversary of the Queen's death on Friday so could be tricky for the BBC if they are planning to mark the day as we all know who officially broke the news to the nation..

I can't see HE wanting to remain "silently retired"..He's hardly a shrinking violet.
Well unless he's thinking of setting up his own broadcasting company then IMO he's not going to be on anyone's TV screens ever again, most especially not via the BBC. I did flippantly suggest he could do reality TV but on consideration, even that is hardly likely to be available to him.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I agree. I can sympathise that this has blindsided him, he’s been outted before he could do it on his own terms, he had pre-existing mental health issues… I can get that from a legal perspective he’s maybe been told to say nothing.

but it’s been two months now.

he was a trusted news reporter for years. Out of respect to the general public who 1. Paid his salary and 2. Put their trust in him, surely he should issue some sort of statement if even just to acknowledge the suspension and internal investigation?

as time goes on.. it’s just starting to make him look like a weak man who can’t face up to the consequences of his actions.
I don’t think issuing a short statement would do him any favours at this point. We already know he is suspended and there is an investigation he is subject to. He could acknowledge that but it leaves him open to questions of “well if he can issue a statement to say that why isn’t he issuing a denial or addressing any of the accusations” it doesn’t gain him anything
And then in another two months will people want another update statement, where does it end when there is nothing to actually say?