Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I agree. I can sympathise that this has blindsided him, he’s been outted before he could do it on his own terms, he had pre-existing mental health issues… I can get that from a legal perspective he’s maybe been told to say nothing.

but it’s been two months now.

he was a trusted news reporter for years. Out of respect to the general public who 1. Paid his salary and 2. Put their trust in him, surely he should issue some sort of statement if even just to acknowledge the suspension and internal investigation?

as time goes on.. it’s just starting to make him look like a weak man who can’t face up to the consequences of his actions.
I don’t think issuing a short statement would do him any favours at this point. We already know he is suspended and there is an investigation he is subject to. He could acknowledge that but it leaves him open to questions of “well if he can issue a statement to say that why isn’t he issuing a denial or addressing any of the accusations” it doesn’t gain him anything
And then in another two months will people want another update statement, where does it end when there is nothing to actually say?

Reactions: 6

thegossboss92

Maybe it’s their strategy!! Maybe they’ve found that they can’t fire Huw so they have unsuitable people filling in for him to make the general public demand that he gets his job back!

• Haha

artnouveau

Chatty Member
I can’t see him going down the reality tv route
I don’t think he is like Paul Burrell where anything to be in the public eye is better than nothing

I think he might go into writing books or be on the radio instead

I said on the Schofield thread he’d be on the most shocking celebrity moments of the year list in December but I guess Huws appearance on that might be limited by whether he is out of treatment by that stage. Personally I don’t think we need or should get updates on how he is until he is finished with that and issues his own statement. Interesting there have been no leaks at all compared to Schofield who seems to have new stories/sightings every week
I think you are spot on about him doing radio work. Classic FM? I just can't see him doing reality TV, don't think it's his thing.

thegossboss92

There seems to be a real entitlement emanating from Huw, upon reflection, about a few things.
Yep, I'm inclined to agree. To me it feels like Huw liked working for the BBC for the prestige but that he also felt he should be getting special treatment because he could be making more money at the competition.

thegossboss92

In my opinion it all depends on how true all the allegations were (we’re talking The Sun here) and how much has come to light in the BBC’s own investigation. If it all turns out that Huw was treated massively unfairly and he’s losing his career and reputation over this, than I say “go right ahead and do what you have to to come out of this as best you can”. If it turns out Huw really was unethical and abused his powers etc, than I’d agree with you. But even so, there will always be a massive amount of spin from all sides. I’m fascinated by it.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member

Huw Edwards is set to leave his role as the face of BBC News following an internal inquiry into his conduct, BBC insiders have told i.

The results of the investigation have been shown to Edwards, 62, who is in discussion over his future with BBC managers, i has learnt.

A colleague said: “We understand Huw is not coming back. It’s now a discussion about the terms of his departure and how it is presented.”

However, one source with knowledge of the discussions said negotiations over Edwards’ future were not straightforward. “If he has not brought the BBC into disrepute then what is he being punished for?” the person asked.

“Why should he lose his career because of what looks like a complicated private life? There will be a big price tag to a settlement on those terms.”

• Sad

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Stole this Lauren Harries painting from another thread but apparently it’s supposed to be Huw 😂:

AE64A311-89C7-4B31-8110-A73B5E413BD4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
IAC seems to enjoy having controversial guests. Matt Hancock? Knob-sending-pics-aholic Amir Khan, pisshead scumbag Katie Pwice, drug addled Kerry Katona. HE can show his bum in the waterfall shower! Maybe they can get Schofe in for the same series and they can have an arse showing battle!
Rear of the Year 2023: Oops I Did it Again Edition :m:m

• Haha

thegossboss92

Makes you wonder how Huw felt reporting on the Boris partygate inquiry?? Holy crap, there are so many layers to this! 😵💫