Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cee-bee

VIP Member
It’s all a bit disgusting IMO. I initially felt sorry for Huw. But now it feels like he’s hiding behind mental health while allowing fixers to step in and take care of the problem. Total cowardice.

Reactions: 8

cee-bee

VIP Member
Celebrity Naked Attraction with Philth. Just need 3 more celebs willing to bare all.

Kidding aside, Huw’s Damage Control Team are earning their pennies. Huw can safely continue to peruse naked men’s arses in whichever facility he currently resides under guise of MH.

Wonder what his Xmas plans are, is he welcome around his home table with his wife and kids?
I reckon he is. All while cashing those bbc cheques and hiding away and not answering to the allegations against him.

I think there’s murky stuff that happened concerning Huw. Maybe not illegal but definitely on the wrong side of comfortable. and at this point the BBC are doing a quiet, extended investigation and letting it blow off. They won’t publish it, they’ll pay him as long as they can, and they’ll quietly end his career. He won’t have any further scandal, and the BBC won’t have to be involved in yet another sex scandal that undermines its position at a time it is facing intense public scrutiny. It’s in neither the BBC nor Huws interest to release the investigation results and drag this back up again.

Im struggling to see how - in how many months is it now? 6? If there was nothing at all to follow up, nothing untoward, then it would be done and dusted by now. It would be straightforward to right off as overprotective parents and a one off situation.

I think they’ve found things, and have had to follow through. I reckon Huw being in a mental health facility will make the investigation extend longer too, since he won’t be able, presumably, to answer questions or respond whilst under care.

He’ll get his well paid lawyers to negotiate the terms of his leaving, will pay his PR team a fortune to manage his reputation and while keep hiding out at his mental health facility dodging all responsibility presumbably.

I hope Huw knows what a complete - excuse the pun - arse he has been. I hope he’s not sat at home feeling sorry for himself because those nasty parents got involved and dared to worry about their son. What an abysmal way to behave. Imagine reaching the lofty heights of news at the bbc and then losing it all, a decades long career, because he wanted to perve on young men young enough to have been fathered by him. And that’s assuming he hasn’t done worse.

neroli

VIP Member
I’m not condoning bad behaviour but I do feel like he’s been massively stitched up.
I just can't understand why he behaved so stupidly. His reputation has been trashed. He's brought this on himself in my opinion. If he hadn't been exposed-literally-he would have just carried on regardless.

Dr.CM

Chatty Member
Today’s date, posted about 3 hours ago:

Aha! Well then he's been seen coming 'out' of where-ever he's in hiding, somewhere that could be identified from the photos, such as say 'the pavement outside the priory' or 'getting into a car outside the psychiatric hospital' and he's been snapped.

The photographer has approached mainstream media sites to sell the images and they've declined, they would have approached his PR / solicitors for comment and been firmly told you cannot publish and fired a warning shot. Which is true, in that context, because it's a breach of someone's medical confidentiality and privacy. Also if he's under section then even more so.

More likely, he's popped out somewhere from his fancy treatment centre and been spotted. So, soon that news will get leaked anyway.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
With the way he's been so hidden away for so long how, and his wife being so protective I am inclined to believe he did have some sort of massive mental health crisis when the story came out.

I feel like he's going to just live as a private citizen from this point and the public generally won't hear from him again. I just hope it won't become the new standard, too many people accused of wrong-doing use mental health issues as a shield.
I also believe his breakdown was genuine, especially as he had spoken about his struggles way before this incident.
I think you’re correct though, and unfortunately people in the future will probably latch onto this as an excuse when accused of something. 🙁

Reactions: 7

Tryger88

VIP Member
HE could do reality TV - CBB and the Jungle etc. As long as he hasn't committed any crimes. That's doable and realistic.
I guess if his mental health gets better he would consider these options for the money, he seems a very troubled person so I'm not so sure, if he's done nothing illegal then hopefully he can just get over his embarrassment of his secret life and be open and honest with himself and the public.

thegossboss92

No one expects him back’: what now for the BBC’s Huw Edwards?

Suspended presenter remains silent over partly withdrawn claims he paid a young person for explicit images but still faces internal inquiry.

Last September, Huw Edwards sprinted out of a barbershop near his south London home after being summoned to the BBC’s headquarters so he could announce Queen Elizabeth’s death to the nation.

Now the BBC is weighing up whether it can ever reuse footage of Edwards’s historic royal broadcast, with the presenter still suspended in the wake of the Sun’s partly-retracted allegation that he paid a 17-year-old for explicit images.

It has been almost two months since the newspaper sparked both the fiercest and shortest BBC scandal in recent history. Within a week, it went from being a story that could topple the director general to one that was barely meriting a mention in the wider media.

Yet questions remain for the BBC, the Sun and the presenter himself – and it is unclear whether Edwards will ever be able to unwind the knotty mess of public, personal and workplace issues that have him left him off air.

One senior BBC journalist summarised the verdict of large parts of the newsroom when it comes to Edwards’s employment prospects: “No one expects him to come back.”

Some of Edwards’s closest colleagues say they have not heard from him in weeks. They say he is not responding to messages.

Though the police declined to investigate the Sun’s allegations, which were based on the testimony of concerned parents, Edwards still faces an internal workplace investigation that will consider whether he brought the broadcaster into disrepute.

Key individuals have yet to be updated on the progress of the BBC inquiry, which is described as still being at the “fact-finding” stage, suggesting there is no imminent conclusion in sight, with the presenter suspended and believed to be on his full £435,000-a-year pay.

One of the key issues that fanned the flames of the original story was the vague language used by the Sun in its original reporting – which the newspaper argues was an attempt to protect Edwards’s privacy.

The tabloid used gender-neutral terms such as “child” and “young person” to describe the person alleged to have been paid tens of thousands of pounds by Edwards in return for explicit pictures.

This – along with the mention of the individual being 17 when communication began – gave the impression that Edwards may have committed a criminal offence.

Dame Elan Closs Stephens, the BBC’s interim chair, subsequently told a parliamentary committee that the individual alleged to have received the money from Edwards was a “young man”.

The decision by the top BBC board member to state the gender of the 20-year-old at the heart of the allegations was largely overlooked at the time of the hearing.

But in response, Victoria Newton, the editor of the Sun, told the same committee that Closs Stephens had revealed more details about the young person than her newspaper. She said: “At no point have we identified the gender of the young person, which the BBC has done on more than one occasion.”

Yet it is subsequent allegations against Edwards – including complaints about the presenter’s social media messaging habits – which could ultimately cause him more headaches than the original disputed Sun story.

Gossip about Edwards’s habit of sending messages to younger members of staff in the BBC newsroom and on Instagram had been circulating for several years. Some of those who received them believed he was not aware of how some of the messages were being perceived and the power dynamics involved, considering him to be naive rather than acting improperly.

Others were less forgiving; some of messages were said to have left junior staff convinced they had done something wrong.

BBC News’s own reporting suggested Edwards had messaged three young BBC employees, including one who is still at the organisation, with messages that made them feel uncomfortable.

Edwards also lacks a natural support base in the newsroom, having not always endeared himself to fellow BBC staff and management.

As one former colleague put it: “He thought he was on top of anything, he thought nothing of going straight to the director general and banging on the door. He was the colossus of the newsroom, he thought he had impunity.”

The presenter had a strong sense of his own value, especially after having to take a pay cut in the wake of the BBC’s gender pay scandal. His widely praised handling of the announcement of the Queen’s death landed in the middle of protracted negotiations over a new BBC contract, with Edwards publicly flirting with leaving the corporation for a private sector job.

In an incredible coincidence, he was photographed by a paparazzo who happened to be watching the back entrance of Global – parent company of the radio stations LBC and Capital – last September.

Sources at ITV said he was also briefly considered as a potential replacement for Piers Morgan as host of Good Morning Britain.

“Huw insisted he would need to keep doing his BBC royal coverage,” said one individual with knowledge of the talks, suggesting Edwards had a misplaced idea of how feasible it would be to straddle both major broadcasters.

In the end, Edwards signed a new BBC deal – only months before being suspended when the Sun approached the corporation for comment about the then-unnamed presenter.

Edwards was eventually identified publicly by his wife, Vicky Flind, who said he had been seeking help for mental health issues. Her statement, drafted with assistance from the former News of the World editor Andy Coulson, prompted a swell of public support for Edwards and shut down coverage of the issue.

Flind said her husband, who often seemed to relish public fights, intended “to respond to the stories that have been published” once he felt better.

What’s unclear is whether Edwards still intends to fulfil this pledge and tries to launch a fightback – or whether he is now considering leaving quietly.

---
The Guardian reads Tattle 🤭😎

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

cee-bee

VIP Member
Oh absolutely and he’s no angel - far from it -by all accounts. At the VERY least, he’s been very irresponsible…but people can also be incredibly fickle when it comes to people in the public eye. If you think of someone like Michael Barrymore, who was completely “cancelled” at one point, and who was (still is?) suspected of being involved in the actual death of a person, and who is now receiving a weird amount of support on social media, and seems to be relaunching himself through different avenues. A lot of people have very short memories and I think if Huw gets a hint of encouragement down the line, being the type that he is, he won’t be able to resist being back in the spotlight, one way or another IMO.
I don’t think many people support Michael Barrymore though… I don’t feel like he has a big fan base per se.

he employed pretty aggressive PR tactics at the time of Stuart Lubbock’s death, and was able to exploit prejudices and biases in his favour (so many people disregarded the incident as some guy getting high and drowning and still do). A lot of the misinformation about Stuart’s death, still believed to this day - was a result of Michael Barrymores interviews and press intervention. Channel 4 did a brilliant documentary examining the events surrounding Stuart’s death and MB’s response to it, back in 2020. Id throughly recommend if anyone hasnt watched it.

his career ended then, but because he’s such a raging narcissist he can’t bring himself to stay out of the spotlight, so he pays for favourable PR and is relentlessly trying to claw his way back onto TV. His career is done I can’t see him ever getting a lucrative steady gig ever again. The big brother gig was the best he’s ever done. Because he’s funny, he’s able to win people on side. But his humour hasn’t aged well and always punched down. That man is finished, and rightly so. If he had a shred of decency in him, he’d have shrunk away and told the police all he knows and faced the consequences. I’ve not interested in seeing scum like MB on TV, personally.

I don’t get the same raging narc vibes from Huw to be honest. I think he’s maybe very entitled, very naive and maybe very lacking in character and integrity… but I don’t think he’s narcissistic enough to try and cling onto public life the way the likes of Michael Barrymore and Matt Hancock have.

in fact, the opposite so far. A narcissist wouldn’t have laid low the way Huw has, and would’ve tried to control and spin the narrative in their favour. Huw hasn’t done that.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Schofe looks weirdly like Jeffrey Epstein here, so much so that I had to open the article to see how the heck they were connected 😂

188871F8-B939-42D4-937A-A37B9433C678.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Wonder if HE can make his arse scowl!

8EB48213-B8AD-4DAB-82B1-56DAC385D705.jpeg

---
What if he had to take a photo for a telehealth appointment and when his phone got stolen, the pic was leaked 🤔 Surely that explains the scowl!! Maybe he had an itchy bum!

You can thank me later, Huw.
Huw seriously needs to ditch Andy; I don’t see him coming up with anything like this. 😤😂

Tbf, he could really pull that explanation off because his face totally says: “Is it serious, Dr.?” and not “Look at my sexy bum!”.

Last edited:
  • Haha

thegossboss92

Just for illustration, here are some of those tweets:

99FD08C5-D230-41D8-BB3A-730D2B4471E6.jpeg

87E17CD5-58D1-4234-8225-1D12F9CBEBAF.jpeg

Still, I suppose it’s nice he stayed away from his elderly mum 😬🤝🙄

• Sad

thegossboss92

I wonder if Huw was close to ex-BBC boss Mark Thompson who’s just become the new CNN boss. Could be a nice gig in it for Huw if he played his cards right.

CNN needs ratings. Wouldn’t the US audience just eat him up (dude who announced the Queen’s death!! That’s equivalent to Downton Abbey chique) or is Huw’s journalistic credibility too shot?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member

---
There’s also this:

EVER DIETED?
Better question: am I ever not on a diet? I am one of those people who can put on weight simply by looking at a Twix. In my job there’s the added danger of high definition, widescreen TV, so I have to be careful. Luckily, I have never been a big drinker so this calorific nightmare is avoided, but I eat sensibly and hit the gym.

View attachment 2435167

His expression is hilarious. 😂

I really wish that this had always been just a random and fun thread about “Huw Edwards, the BBC news anchor” who we just happen to keep up with on Instagram and Twitter, and that there wasn’t any scandal attached. 🙁

Not excusing his behaviour, but he’s been on our screens for so long and a lot of people do have fond memories of seeing him almost every evening and his coverage of major events. I don’t live in Britain but have always watched BBC and those memories, including that feeling of fondness, is still quite hard to shake.

• Heart