Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
It seems to have worked though as I haven’t seen anything come out since this Guido tweet.

What with this whole exposé on Russell Brand (and others?) that’s supposed to happen today, perhaps that will take the heat off Huw for a while.
Interesting thread about Brand here:

Reactions: 1

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I was thinking about this yesterday. Why the BBC are still quiet I really don’t know but I can imagine that from Huw’s pov, he needs to have a few things in order before it makes sense to break his silence (if he’s still interested in being a public person):

- his employment situation with the BBC needs to be resolved. He needs to be either in or out and not in limbo waiting on what will happen with that. So he needs to be fired or reinstated or have a different role or retire. Just something definitive.

- he’s got some ‘splaining to do. Is he ready for that? Is he ready for the barrage of tabloids tearing him to pieces again?

- if no more BBC, he needs to know what’s next for him. Is he going to write a book? Is he “taking time out to work on himself?”. Is he getting divorced? Is he starting a B&B in the French countryside? Is he going to walk the Welsh coastal path? Just anything that he can talk about.

I would think that these are the minimum requirements for a confessional piece to make sense, even if it’s done in the most sensitive way.

As a side note, I’ve also wondered for weeks now if AC would want to hold off until the Christmas period to catch people when they are perhaps in a bit more charitable spirit but I don’t know whether that’s just a Hallmark fantasy or not.
Well said. I would imagine in any case we’ll be hearing something from the BBC before/if we’ll receive a statement from Huw. I wonder if he’s out of the facility - we’re not really sure of that either yet.

Sea

VIP Member
Disgusts me like a sordid MP, all front and nothing of value, just about what they want.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I don’t think many people support Michael Barrymore though… I don’t feel like he has a big fan base per se.

he employed pretty aggressive PR tactics at the time of Stuart Lubbock’s death, and was able to exploit prejudices and biases in his favour (so many people disregarded the incident as some guy getting high and drowning and still do). A lot of the misinformation about Stuart’s death, still believed to this day - was a result of Michael Barrymores interviews and press intervention. Channel 4 did a brilliant documentary examining the events surrounding Stuart’s death and MB’s response to it, back in 2020. Id throughly recommend if anyone hasnt watched it.

his career ended then, but because he’s such a raging narcissist he can’t bring himself to stay out of the spotlight, so he pays for favourable PR and is relentlessly trying to claw his way back onto TV. His career is done I can’t see him ever getting a lucrative steady gig ever again. The big brother gig was the best he’s ever done. Because he’s funny, he’s able to win people on side. But his humour hasn’t aged well and always punched down. That man is finished, and rightly so. If he had a shred of decency in him, he’d have shrunk away and told the police all he knows and faced the consequences. I’ve not interested in seeing scum like MB on TV, personally.

I don’t get the same raging narc vibes from Huw to be honest. I think he’s maybe very entitled, very naive and maybe very lacking in character and integrity… but I don’t think he’s narcissistic enough to try and cling onto public life the way the likes of Michael Barrymore and Matt Hancock have.

in fact, the opposite so far. A narcissist wouldn’t have laid low the way Huw has, and would’ve tried to control and spin the narrative in their favour. Huw hasn’t done that.
I agree, I don’t think Huw is a narcissist at all; I can’t see him sitting idle for long though *if* he has that option to do something eventually, even if it’s an independent project.

That Channel 4 documentary was hard to watch. It’s amazing to go through Barrymore’s social media though and see the amount of people who want him back on tv, and these are people who are definitely old enough to remember the death of Stuart Lubbock. 🙁

It’s also very weird that Barrymore still gets tv appearances/interviews at all. He recently directed a play in the West End…I wonder if Huw has any acting/directing skills? 🤔

• Haha

AlexTwist

The use of the term “former workplace” might suggest this blind item isn‘t about Huw as he joined the BBC at about age 11 and he hasn’t publicly left yet. I guess I was triggered by “disgraced journalist” and “more scandal” 😰

Seeing as he's not working at the BBC and the general consensus is he won't be returning, I took "former workplace" to mean the BBC.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Doesn’t it occur to him he will never have the standing to front bbc news ever again. He would be crucified on social media every time he appeared.
He probably thinks that taking a settlement would make him look guilty. Regardless of whether or not he expects to be able to front the news again, he has the money to be able to stand his ground for now.