Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Multi-21

VIP Member
It would be a quick turnaround to have confirmation of the election at 5pm and Huw signed up at 10pm the same day but will check it out

Reactions: 1

thegossboss92

Even though the BBC’s highest earners list is still months away (July), The Times is stirring the pot. Also, weird timing to post this on April 1st 🤨

Anyway, the second paragraph here is interesting:

One option available to the BBC is to dismiss Edwards but he is expected to reject the suggestion that he has brought the broadcaster into disrepute.

Social media messages sent by Edwards to junior members of staff, revealed by a Newsnight investigation, are also believed to fall far short of harassment.”

If those messages won’t get him fired, I guess the Beeb will have to make a case for 1) bringing the company into disrepute or something or 2) get a doctor to somehow decide he’s unfit to work forever. Tricky!!

thegossboss92

Hmmm, desensitizing the British public by spoofing the whole thing. Clevah, AC, clevah.

Echoing the scandal surrounding Huw Edwards' suspension as the BBC's flagship news and events anchor this summer amidst accusations of sexual misconduct, Douglas' alleged indiscretion is dissected, analysed and blown out of all proportion in the subsequent digital storm.”

• Wow

Multi-21

VIP Member
I wonder who would do it if something happened soon actually or any big news stories that Huw would get, election night etc

I think they’d draft in Sophie Raworth

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I would not be surprised if AC asked Andrew Billen (the journalist who had lunch with Huw on the day the BBC told him about the allegations) to do the first interview.
You could be right! 😮 The next couple of months (or sooner) might be interesting. 👀

——

This was an odd suggested question/search-term from Google:

3AD0F30C-3F2B-40DD-9B20-C3C5727C5BF0.jpeg

• Wow

welshgirl2021

VIP Member
I just can’t see how he could actually disappear unless he literally moves to a different country. Paps would be relentless in snapping pics anytime he goes for coffee or walks his dog for the first few months.

I could see him moving to France though. Close enough to his kids in England and his mum in Wales but far enough away from the UK (gutter) press?
He’s in Wales isn’t he?

thegossboss92

I would not be surprised if AC asked Andrew Billen (the journalist who had lunch with Huw on the day the BBC told him about the allegations) to do the first interview.

neroli

VIP Member
Says it all succintly. He messed up big time and had to do the decent thing and go (eventually ;) )

Nothing to see here.

Dr.CM

Chatty Member
Just watching the above but it rather depends on how one defines 'the foreseeable future'...

Good to know he's going to 'address concerns' when he's finished in the foreseeable future, however, I don't see that is truly possible for his wife to assure.

L3moning

VIP Member
I feel like he'd need to do a Piers Morgan (i.e. move abroad) if he wants to still do serious journalism. He won't get a job in the UK doing that imho. Plus, he's literally now said that he can't work on medical advice so how can he work in a similar job for another network here?
If you give it another six months or so and get a lower profile (so lower stress) job then I don't think anyone would say anything.

neroli

VIP Member
I'm sure he will be encouraged to practise "self-care" post discharge...courtesy of an expensive legal team eager to protect their client.