Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
  • Heart
Reactions: 1

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I’ve said it before but I really hope his mum has been shielded from the more salacious (and ridiculous) allegations about Huw that are floating about, i.e., the stupid pea-dough accusations.

I wonder if he’s separated from his wife if he’s staying with his mum? I’m surprised he hasn‘t been seen in public yet, but then maybe the press are scared to publish anything because of his mental health. I suppose compared with Brand and to a lesser Schofield, he’s just been an idiot rather than an out and out perve, but how can anyone ever take him seriously reading the news and presenting important national event again when we’ve all seen his backside?
Unless he can prove or even just argue that the photo was faked…or that it was an online GP consultation that was mysteriously hacked. 🫣

I dunno, can you imagine him sitting in his mum’s lounge twiddling his thumbs and not going on social media? Not liking any post, not following or unfollowing people? Not making a Threads account. Also, apparently not going outside because he’s not been spotted anywhere. The total blackout makes me think his devices “have been taken away”, i.e. he’s in treatment somewhere.
Is it possible he is still being advised by AC not to go near his own social media until the BBC’s investigation has been concluded, and/or he releases his own statement? I agree though that if he was out, then surely SOMEONE would have seen him…unless he’s been in heavy disguise.

thegossboss92

Former House Speaker John Bercow is doing The Traitors in the US. Ledge!

The other obvious route to claw your way back to relevance is a podcast (preferable with Gary Lineker’s Goalhanger podcasts) but from what I’ve heard him say, Huw dislikes podcasts. Hmph.

• Heart

thegossboss92

ITV’s boss has warned against media pressure to end people’s careers after the resignation of Phillip Schofield from This Morning…

…He said it is always worth taking the time to fully establish facts when dealing with accusations against individuals. “I know these things can be frustrating. The most important thing is you get the facts and truth,” he said. “There’s enormous pressure from the press and social media saying, ‘You’ve got to decide’ and ‘Why didn’t you fire him?’ We don’t know what the truth is yet. You can ruin people’s lives by acting too quickly.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
It could possibly be a joint decision between Huw and the BBC for him to leave completely - there’s no indication so far that he’s actually been sacked. I’d imagine for someone of Huw’s calibre, taking a lesser position would be more embarrassing professionally than just walking away, particularly as for all intents and purposes, he’s not done anything wrong.

I’d imagine that Huw is angry that it’s got to this point especially as nothing came of the original issue and the person in question is still estranged from their family. Unfortunately, Huw got himself into that mess knowing full well the repercussions if it did get out.
Maybe but the fact that he’s reportedly “furious” seems like he didn’t really have a choice? If the articles are accurate. I’m sure he would have kicked up a fuss too, but being moved to another role/programme would probably have been better than losing his entire career at the BBC. It could even have been portrayed like a semi-retirement.

Dr.CM

Chatty Member
No he certainly won't have met the criteria for an NHS admission. The point I was trying to make was that on the NHS you get thrown out very quickly regardless of your condition. No languishing on the ward or a gentle rehabilitation.

I doubt whether he would even have got crisis team visits.. Maybe a few pamphlets.
Sadly I totally agree. NHS M/H services aren't fit for purpose IMO. Not that he should be using them as guarantee he has private healthcare plans.

Multi-21

VIP Member

thegossboss92

Where would such a motion be filed? Would this be a complaint to a Human Rights court or HE suing whomever took these pictures? Would a mere mortal be able to find the complaint?

AlexTwist

They simply shouldn't have ever been paying so much for a man to read an autocue. Hopefully they've learnt and future newsreaders will be paid more sensible amounts.
What is a sensible amount then? Pay too little and you lose all your best talent to commercial TV.