Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I think it must be difficult because of the position that Huw held at the BBC. If he presented The One Show for example, it could probably be glossed over. The fact that he was the lead news anchor means that it would be difficult for him to lead on certain news stories.

I just hope that because he’s “not done anything wrong” the BBC don’t whitewash him out of history. If there’s need for archive footage of which Huw was there, it should be used. Can you imagine never seeing the footage of the announcement of the Queens death again?!

I’m gutted to be honest. Loved Huw 🤷‍♀️
That’s true - I still think they could have given him a lesser position or even a completely different role in broadcasting. If the current articles are true, a complete sacking seems very drastic IMO. It could be that they’re compensating for Savile, etc., after the backlash, but there’s no comparison.

Reactions: 2

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I honestly don’t care to read the speculation about what Huw does next . Huw is a very wealthy man, and has enjoyed a career some can only dream of.

inhonestly have zero interest in seeing his face in media ever again. Dishonest public figures are ten and penny. Show me an honest, hardworking journalist who lives with integrity and focus on them please Yahoo News.
Well said 👏 I agree 👍

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Maybe it’s their strategy!! Maybe they’ve found that they can’t fire Huw so they have unsuitable people filling in for him to make the general public demand that he gets his job back!

Ingenious if that’s the case! Coulson scheming behind the scenes like a modern-day Baldrick 😄

• Haha

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
For an app that claims to have no knowledge of Huw after 2021, ChatGBT’s “fictional” story is weirdly accurate in places 😂:

BE8611BA-22BD-464F-B69F-DEA3699BEAFE.jpeg

Huw Edwards, the esteemed news anchor known for his unwavering professionalism, was thrust into a media frenzy when a compromising photo of him surfaced unexpectedly. The photo, which appeared to show Huw engaged in a controversial activity, spread like wildfire across social media and tabloid headlines.

The image was grainy and taken out of context, but it bore a striking resemblance to the respected journalist. Huw Edwards was known for his spotless reputation, and this scandal threatened to tarnish his career irreparably.

Huw immediately contacted his legal team and launched an internal investigation into the source of the photo. He vehemently denied any involvement in the activity depicted and claimed that the image had been manipulated or taken out of context.

As the media storm intensified, a tech-savvy friend of Huw's, Andy, joined the effort to clear his name. Together, they embarked on a digital detective mission, attempting to trace the origins of the photo. They discovered that the image had been doctored and that the original, unaltered version showed a completely innocent scene.

With evidence of manipulation in hand, Huw decided to confront the issue head-on. He held a press conference and revealed the unaltered photo alongside the manipulated one, highlighting the stark differences. He also presented evidence of a coordinated effort to defame him.

The revelation shocked the media and the public, leading to widespread condemnation of those who had attempted to tarnish Huw's reputation. Investigations into the source of the manipulated photo began, and it was revealed that it was part of a larger scheme orchestrated by a rival news organization looking to discredit Huw and boost their own ratings.

The scandal ended up having a silver lining for Huw Edwards. His handling of the situation with integrity and determination had garnered him even more respect from his viewers and colleagues. It served as a reminder of the importance of verifying information and not jumping to conclusions in the age of digital manipulation.

In the end, Huw emerged from the photo scandal with his reputation intact, while those who had tried to smear him faced legal consequences for their actions. It was a testament to his resilience and the unwavering support of those who knew him best.

AlexTwist

Am I the only one who's caught a huge whiff of misogyny from both Huw Edwards' and Philip Schofield's falls from grace? Schofield betrays his wife, then hides behind a huge song and dance of coming out. Huw Edwards does the same to his wife, and it's up to her to face the music from the press. For saying what left leaning organisations the Beeb and ITV both are, they certainly don't give much thought to mothers and housewives. The only role they seem to play here is having dog shit smeared in their faces by their chickenhawk husbands, and keeping a stiff upper lip in the process
We shouldn't pretend that homophobia doesn't exist and it's that which probably caused the deceit in both cases

thegossboss92

He probably thinks that taking a settlement would make him look guilty.
Woah, plot twist! o_O I’d been thinking he was holding out for a big settlement and that after that happened, he’d be on his merry way. Your argument flips that on its head!

thegossboss92

• Haha

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Today’s Deadline article about Huw:

A BBC spokesperson said: “As we have previously explained, we will not provide a commentary on what is an internal employment process and we would urge people not to indulge in speculation.”

Edwards and his lawyer did not respond to requests for comment.

Also I’m not convinced this one cryptic comment isn’t Huw incognito 🤔:

BB635067-C336-4175-825E-2E2B4D66E9AF.jpeg

• Wow