Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegossboss92

It seems to have worked though as I haven’t seen anything come out since this Guido tweet.

What with this whole exposé on Russell Brand (and others?) that’s supposed to happen today, perhaps that will take the heat off Huw for a while.

Reactions: 2

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Not sure I believe this. HE was tipped to replace Piers on GMB

That’s true, AFAIK. There were talks about it around the time that he was supposedly being “forced” into retirement by the BBC in 2021. A lot of different sources reported the story around that time.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Celebrity Big Brother is coming back next year. I saw someone suggest Huw for it. Maybe if he did it we’d get to see him taking a shower nude with his bottom out?
Isn’t Schofe supposed to be going in there as well? Will we have another Jenry situation with the two of them? Will they be “Puw”? “Hhilip”? 🤔

• Haha

Dr.CM

Chatty Member
Yeah it was Anna Breese who said it. It would go some way to explain why the press have completely backed off. It just disappeared after being the main story for a week.
Thanks for this info. I find her a bit simplistic and disingenuous -but- here's a very prescient post from a few years back:

stardust21

VIP Member
So we could be expecting to hear some news soon, even if it’s just a post on a random person’s social media? 👀

And I wonder how much does that Media Guido Twitter account know?
Guido is a major right wing political journal. Has loads of Hugh up sources etc. IMO it posts a lot of shit but that’s because it’s so right wing, but to give it credit they often have stories before they break properly. It’s a bit like Private Eye, but more angry and right wing.

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member

thegossboss92

Oooh…

Actually quite an interesting analysis of Huw’s options.

also:

“We probably won’t see Edwards following the likes of Matt Hancock and Nigel Farage onto I’m A Celebrity. His key asset is his gravitas – which wouldn’t survive chomping on kangaroo anus in the jungle.

But it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he would win the public’s hearts via a stint of genial waltzing on Strictly Come Dancing, or appearing on a lower profile reality show like, say, the Stand Up To Cancer version of Bake Off.

😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

thegossboss92

I also love that it’s Hugh Bonneville because he’s so perfectly cast but also because of that talk they did together in that church. You could just tell Huw loved him.

• Haha

Copacapybara

VIP Member
The whole “bringing into disrepute” argument seems flimsy. It was the Sun who brought them into disrepute. If that story turns out to be defamatory and false, could the BBC claim Huw brought the BBC into disrepute?

If for example Huw had either a consensual relationship with another adult or he went on an app and bought legal photos, is having your privacy taken away and be made into tabloid fodder legitimate grounds for bringing your employer into disrepute?

Paging Harbottle & Lewis for advise, please.
It has kind of interesting ramifications beyond that too, because lots of people do non-vanilla stuff, have affairs, do onlyfans, are activists or protestors or might have unconventional lifestyles. I wonder at what point can an employer really take ownership of that?

And how could you even appropriately raise it with the management? 🤣 Like ‘I like dressing up as a hamster on the weekend and livestreaming it btw, is it still okay to lead the Accounts department?’

I read an interesting Reddit thread by a former sex worker who said that some of the weirdest stuff related to ‘pillars of the community’- hospital consultants, doctors…it sounded like if we start to demand perfectly conventional behaviour off-duty there might not be many left!

Aberscot

Chatty Member
If as the rumour is that DA has sadly passed will Huw be brought back at 6 to give us the news 👀👀
i doubt it but bet he’s kicking himself hes missed that opportunity

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Yeah it was Anna Breese who said it. It would go some way to explain why the press have completely backed off. It just disappeared after being the main story for a week.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If the rumours are true and he tried to commit suicide then I’d say he’s going to be medically unfit for quite a while.

• Sad