Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Joules used to be one of my favourite brands but she has put me right off them. I don’t suppose they would care if I complained.
Complain please !!!

I’m new to tattle . I came primarily on the hunt for MOD goss but thought I would see if anyone feels the way me and the husband and my oxford educated pal feel the way we feel about lush sepia age 50 looking Lauren .
My god I’m so glad to have found you !!
my friend rips her posts to shreds grammaticall etc .
Me and my husband just curdle with tweeness .
It has really put me off buying from any of the brands see works for . Maybe people should start writing to them and they could understand this type of advertising is not all they think it is.
vile vile vile

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I've bought the odd item of clothing from FatFace, popped in with a mate recently and she bought some boots.
I saw a few nice jumpers, was planning on going back to make some wintery purchases.

The staff on the store were lovely and helpful... All adds to the ahopping experience.

So imagine my 'delight' when an influencer recieves two beautifully wrapped and boxes jumpers for free.
I wont be our purchasing said jumpers.

• Angry

Londoner

I agree that they are total superficial nobends and like you, have a 6 fig household income. I don’t really get your point re the cars/holidays/ski stuff. I probably also ‘wouldn’t last a minute’ with your friends. I don’t ski. I went on a school ski trip, 30yrs ago but that’s it. I have a nice car but I don’t care about flashy cars, so you wouldn’t necessarily look at my car and think “Oh, she’s got money”. My house is furnished with nice things but I spend money on original paintings and craftsman built furniture, rather than TWC candles.

She is reaching for that aspirational thing, so she isn’t looking to sell to you (or me, probably). She wants to sell to the bracket below her, who would like her lifestyle but can’t have it lock, stock and barrel, so buy it one TWC storm lantern at a time. Or she’s selling the idyllic country lifestyle to affluent city dwellers who do have somewhere close to the income but can’t move to the country for work reasons, they live vicariously through her painstakingly curated account, buying overpriced twee junk along the way.
Spot on! I totally get this. You articulated really well a lot of what I was thinking too.

Comfysofa

And as predicted there are the Fairfax and Favor boots in the competition. What on earth are their marketing team doing collaborating with her?! She is the least likely person to ever buy those boots. Such dreadful marketing.

Reactions: 7

No20

When people do things for charity etc and have to tell everyone about it then they are clearly doing it for praise and that is NOT very charitable at all is it?!

• Sad

Meringue22

VIP Member
Her account makes me cringe. It’s like flicking through a magazine. Everything looks staged. Nothing looks spontaneous. Everything is set up for the camera. How does she find time?! The money must keep driving her as personally I couldn’t be arsed to ‘create’ this perfect life she portrays

Rosé_all_day

VIP Member
Forgetting that all her ‘spontaneous, this is us just hanging by the front door’ shtick has probably taken hours to prep for, hair, make up, clothes, props, tripod, hundreds of takes, filtering. All for what? Selling a pipe dream, she’s the fakest of the fake.
I can just imagine her calling out ‘Col, I need the ring light!’ and dragging it onto the path, but that’s our Lauren, oh so natural... 🤣

• Haha

Sandra_1984

I can't believe she cried all night because she was pregnant with a healthy baby boy, not a girl. I'm bewildered. What a kick in the teeth to all the women who have 20 week scans and the have to face the possibility of terminating the pregnancy due to health reasons. Or women who have difficulty to conceive.
I actually feel sick knowing she reacted like that. It's disgusting. Then to publish it?!! How will the kid feel if he ever reads it when he's older? I knew she was a greedy sales woman, fake etc. But I'm shocked she's also a very selfish woman who is so obsessed with portraying the perfect image so much so that it can be detrimental to other people's feelings. How gross.

No20

I just can’t get over how people think these so called “influencers” are so wonderful. Where I live there is one and she prances around in the most ridiculous outfits and is so ignorant and looks down her nose at anyone she doesn’t know from Instagram. They must feel pretty empty if they need all this adulation on line. I think it stinks the amount of freebies they get. I wonder though if they really appreciate things like we do when we buy something ourselves. I still can’t believe I was fooled thinking Lauren was a normal down to earth woman. 🙄

Tamara

VIP Member
Another ‘lush’ grid photo, totally natural, just hanging in my cottage look with absolutely no unintentional paid or gifted undeclared product...oh wait...collaborated journal, jo malone candle, cashmere anything, flowers...who knows what to believe. The only thing you can be sure of, it’s all staged for the FLOG masked as an innocent picture 😒 why not tag it all? Why is nothing declared?
In her rental cottage she likes to pretend she owns. Her landlord will be laughing all the way to the bank new floors newly painted walls etc all to pretend they own it. Nothing wrong with renting. Just she likes to big everything up the dream quaint cottage the cashmere champagne life that’s all gifted and false.

• Heart
I thought exactly the same. It came across as I know you are all stressed but I can still do more. Smugness overload. I’m sure we could all do everything m if we were all gifted all these free items. It would make Xmas a lot easier to go sauntering into the season with new wardrobes of clothes and makeup etc I’m not surprised she doesn’t seem frazzled.

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
Yes! This is what I object to. She shared every moment of the preparation and anticipation with her followers, asking them to share and buy into that experience and into their relationship together as a whole. However, she portrayed the whole thing as their first wedding. It is so deceitful. Why not mention that you had been married before? Other Instagram influencers do not deceive their followers as she does, creating a life of lies.

The link shared here of her first wedding is June 2011 and in her IGTV video introducing 'Laur and Col' sbe says they moved in together before June 2012!!! During that same year Col was living with his toddler Archie and his first wife!! The carefully crafted narrative of her life is just packed full of falseness and fakery.

• Heart

swipeup

VIP Member
I'm always banging on about the #hashtaghiders. Either so small it can't be seen, hidden behind the profile or in the same color font as the background so it blends in. They need calling out for sure.

Flamingollama

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen this woman’s insta.... Christ almighty. Perfect staging. Ugly kids. Weirdo husband. Standard old shite. She’s SO irritating!!! Do these “influencers” HONESTLY believe people want to be like them???
Bit harsh calling the kids ugly 🙈 which they’re not I just went to look 😂

Loops123

The smoke and mirrors are becoming unbearable.

I'd hazard a guess that Laur and Col's income is less than half ours (especially when you take into account naughty Col's maintenance payments). We go on skiing holidays (paid for) drive nice cars (paid for) and I do buy White Company and Monsson stuff now and then (paid for!). My children are in private schools (paid for!) but I DON'T dress them like 1940s prince's or Co ordinate everything. We are a normal family - the H&H brand used to be too, but now its so "wannabee" it's sad and hilarious. The mums at our schools would rip her to shreds with her curated wardrobe and immaculate makeup. Sad to have a clearly lacking life?
It’s even worse because she is from Newport!!! Having gone to school with her, I would love to see her step her foot back in the Port...she would have the shock of her perfect little life!