Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sandra_1984

I went to school with one (albeit she has a very small following compared to most). We used to be really good friends but drifted apart because mainly she turned weird and I moved abroad.
I see her when I go back to England. She looks nothing like her pics. Her life resembles nothing close to how she portrays herself. She's so shy, she literally has no friends and doesn't speak with anyone. I met her for a drink last Christmas when I was back, she spent the entire time avoiding eye contact with me, mumbled quietly and spent ages taking selfies or herself, then both of us and then pics of our mulled cider. It was so awkward. Then she posts all these pics and how much of an amazing time she had! Whatttttt. I know social media can be an exaggeration, but there's exaggerations and then there's lies! It must be so damaging to their mental health I think.

Reactions: 7

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I was totally confused seeing the post.
Why is the child in a proper coat it is only early September. I’m down South so perhaps is warmer here but surely it is not freezing in Herefordshire or is it? Very bizarre. 😕
It isn’t. I am less than 30 miles away and it is way too mild for that big woolly number. It definitely suited the H&H ‘aesthetic’ though, so tough shit kiddo.

• Haha

Olli1510

VIP Member
She lives not far from me and I find her nauseatingly un-relatable. surely someone has something juicy on her to tarnish that perfect image she’s portraying

• Haha

Downtoearth

I actually really like H&H (& Lauren is lovely in real life) but I have to admit - styling, shooting and posting an ad while on holiday is very 🤮

• Sick
So glad she's stopped doing those cheesy poses with her kids, all nose and big teeth smiles, or worwee and ollie asleep in their cots. After reading some of the comments on here, I finally understand how she looks like she does everyday. She has help at home! She did a blog once about getting up at 6am, putting her slap on, hair and doing chores before she has the perfect breakfast (poached eggs on avocado of course!) with her kids. FML, is she for real? I cant relate to that.
Perfect twee parenting, with perfectly behaved kids playing with their wooden toys and being perfectly entertained going on country walks collecting sticks, baking and colouring in without a stain on their button down shirts while she swigs down her wine. Is no one going to mention how she glamourises drinking just a little too much? Her constant wine nights and drinking, always drinking. Wine with Col in front of the fire, bubbly with the kids while they play boardgames at Christmas, wine with her Sunday roast, wine with her bbq lunch which Col has masterfully cooked, wine in the bath, wine cos she's had a tough day travelling to London, wine..... wine......

oh, HAPPY Wednesday!!! by the way *grin*

• Haha

Starshining

VIP Member
I’ve only just stumbled upon this thread. I’ve followed H&H for ages and preferred her account before it was all #ad.

To be honest looking at her account was really starting to make me feel a bit crap about myself and my life whereas if I saw the reality I probably wouldn’t feel that way, oh the toxic bubble of social media and comparison anxiety... 😬
I just struggled to believe that anyone can be that happy all the time, maybe it’s all the ads/gifts...

I think they’re a lovely family but I suppose I was naive not to recognise that she and her husband are salespeople...😔
Don’t feel bad, a lot of people have not spotted the “I’m your friend/salesperson” technique BUT once you have had your eyes opened you can’t unsee it.

People will catch on, you can’t keep that happy persona up 24/7

you mention “ oh the toxic bubble of social media and comparison anxiety...”
ironically you will find H&H et al like to use this topic for their blogs when they are called out on their perfection making people feel like crap. Smoke and mirrors

Starshining

VIP Member
In her rental cottage she likes to pretend she owns. Her landlord will be laughing all the way to the bank new floors newly painted walls etc all to pretend they own it. Nothing wrong with renting. Just she likes to big everything up the dream quaint cottage the cashmere champagne life that’s all gifted and false.
All “fur coat and no knickers” 😂😂

• Haha

CuckooLand

That’s quite right. Surely by Christmas Day the excitement will have worn off as it becomes the norm. How big and expensive will the main presents have to be? It’s pretty awful posting all this “look at me and what we’ve got”. Doesn’t portray a nice image at all.
Whatever happened to simple paper advent calendars? With no chocolate?? Is that proving how old I must be!!!! 😂
But honestly. This is not a good image to have is it. It’s extremely unhealthy!!

Sal288

I’ve just been reading all the comments on that shoebox video and everyone is telling her how wonderful and amazing she is!! Can’t believe it! After the last 12 days of extravagance now she’s bloody Mother Teresa!

• Haha
  • Heart

Missmarie

Imagine having to declare that you bought something because you actually liked and wanted it. Shame on you Bobbi Brown for allowing your name and product to be so cheapened and alienating your long standing customers who actually have always paid and made your brand what it is today

LLPlum

I still like this account as i like looking at pretty pictures (🙈😂) but it really is getting a bit silly now. Its been pouring all day in England and up posts a picnic in a poppy field? In long grass. No one would sit there apart from for 5 mins for a photo. Its just a bit silly.

Meringue22

VIP Member
They don’t own that house either. I don’t know if she’s honest about the fact that they rent as I don’t follow her and haven’t for a while. Not that there is anything wrong with renting btw but these influencers don’t ever tell the whole truth.
Just looked at her feed for the first time in ages. FML it’s absolute cringe. No one smiles that bloody much! It’s all so staged

• Heart
Its like nothing is special or sacred. Laur' shared her lush and lushest romantic anniversary weekend with her lush Col on insta. Every. Damn. Moment.

Poor Col, he seems to get very little out of Laurs instafame, she gets lush blankets, lush planners, lush toiletries, lush towels, lush sexy pjs from TWC and she cant even score Col a man treat.

• Haha

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
What happened to the promised men's gift guide? Perhaps we covered all of the list off here and there was nothing left!

The swipe ups 'stuck gifts' were AWFUL!

A little trip down memory lane of the things she has advertised this year!! The £50 leather gardening planner for the family who said they didn't have much money was my favourite in terms of entertainment but I feel so sorry for the person who posted that question, looking for help. I hope they find something suitable and don't feel bad about her posts.

• Heart

Icantbelievemyeyes

I certainly don't. The way I see it, the more she's on instagram replying to comments, or the more she's setting up a photo shoot or decorating a fireplace or her face with Bobby Brown yuckness, the less time she's spending with her children.

The irony! Spends ages ignoring her children (ignoring is the wrong word, but when she's decorating, they're not her number one priority)....anyway, spends ages ignoring her children to post publicly about how much of an amazing mother she is. To then ignore the kids further to respond to comments about how amazing of a parent she is.

Not to mention the amount of time she spends away from the kids too.

So no. I don't feel crap when I'm cooking a mediocre dinner WITH my children, for my children while spending time with my children. I definitely don't feel crap when my kids quickly pick an outfit and put it on and then we enjoy our day together without posing for about 100 pics, which then need to be edited before posted. That takes time! Time I'd rather spend with my children, not needing to spend time or effort (at my children's detriment) trying to persuade strangers that I'm a perfect mum who has it all. Because I already do!
Really love this

Sal288

Their annual free skiing holiday will be coming up soon! I wonder if she will still be making excuses again that the boys are too young to join them!

DozyDora

I’m not sure who Lauren’s target audience is, but she is becoming hugely unrelatable.
I say that as someone who has a fair bit of disposable income and likes the finer things in life.

Rosé_all_day

VIP Member
The really stupid thing is, these companies constantly gifting her are ones I've previously been an amazing customer for, but I now refuse to buy from them. Their marketing tactics just aren't working anymore as I know plenty of other people who feel and act the same as me. I used to go through two jo Malone candles a month, now I take my hard earned cash elsewhere. Same with the white Co and joules. No way am I spending my hard earned cash on their over inflated products to fund them giving freebies to freeloaders like Lauren.
I completely agree! It makes makes me think less of the companies that endlessly gift to people like Lauren. Why should I spend my
hard earned money there when she’s getting it for free? No thanks.

Instawanker

I don’t mind Lauren as I see her as purely a saleswoman & the account as one big (pretty) ad . However ... I have to comment on the birthday party 🤔🙄😬 Were all kids told to wear beige and cream ??? Was there a kiddie dress code?? Or did Lauren shove out of shot any child who’d innocently turned up in a Toy Story T-shirt or a Liverpool strip 😂😂😂 Was it even a real birthday party , or just a photo session for the ‘gram ? Maybe the real party took place in a soft play somewhere- hope so!!
And that cake - three their birthday cake. How unrealistic!

I often think they must have clothes for the eldest at their house so he matches. It will come as a shock when they will only wear sportswear!

• Haha
Of course her child is Joseph in the nativity! The pressure will be on little Rory now to get a good part when his time comes round. Mustn’t let the perfect family image slip 🤨

Also is anyone else annoyed about the constant Christmas-ness already - advent has only just begun! I’m sure half these people must have bare twigs rather than trees by the time Christmas Day swings round!

• Haha