Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s all for show. She could have organised that box and not showed it on Instagram, just kept it private for her children. But the priority for her was putting it on social media. She would never make me feel bad, on the other hand I pity her loving her life like this - it’s all so shallow

Reactions: 8
I didnt understand that box until you all said it was an advent box. So it's to celebrate the 1st day of advent? That whole massive box of treats?? Wooowww! Not necessary!

She probably hasn't schelped up and down the high street, £shop, Matalan, Primark, Asda, Wilko for treats. I bet she's just emailed her mates and got them to send through a load of freebies. And the hypocrite was storying about sending out Christmas shoeboxes for children for charity. Where has she got the time to shop anyway? She's too busy going to hotel sleepovers with Col and Christmas press events.

Reactions: 6
I couldn't agree more. My first thought looking at the 'advent box' was that it contained more than lots and lots of children would receive on Christmas Day.

The First Day of Advent book costs £40 alone. It is also personalised for the "three children" she is mummy to - she must have ordered it ages ago for them! 'Throwing together this box' was well planned and highlights that she isn't just selling an 'aspirational' lifestyle (read that as her life and children) on the internet but is actually completely out of touch.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I sometimes wonder how someone who would earn the same as her (no Insta freebies and have no idea what she must earn) is spending their hard earned money this Christmas? It reminds me a bit of MOD being so unrelatable to her colleagues with regard to their lifestyles side by side and all the Instaflogging/gifts on the side of her career.

Maybe Lauren can write a simperingly sickly and smug blog post titled ‘The Christmas that Instagram Gifted’... (As a side note, I also don’t give a festive fig that she gets free stuff and I don’t, I think all of her consumerism sends out the wrong message and for me this time of year is about experiences with friends and family not all the things!)

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
That’s quite right. Surely by Christmas Day the excitement will have worn off as it becomes the norm. How big and expensive will the main presents have to be? It’s pretty awful posting all this “look at me and what we’ve got”. Doesn’t portray a nice image at all.
Whatever happened to simple paper advent calendars? With no chocolate?? Is that proving how old I must be!!!! 😂
But honestly. This is not a good image to have is it. It’s extremely unhealthy!!

Reactions: 7
Shame she feels the need to spoil the children with material possessions to make up for her being unnecessary absent most of the time. Really sad :(
Like someone pointed out... 3/7 she is out partying. This has been consistent for the majority of the boys lives. Lucky her mum practically lives with them so the boys have someone around who loves them.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
People need to remember what is really important. All these material items aren’t those things at all. Time spent as a family is THE most important thing. Not all the stuff in these advent boxes. It makes me so cross how that is being presented by many as the norm and that the more you spend on children/loved ones means the more you must love them. It isn’t and it doesn’t.

People need to remember what is really important. All these material items aren’t those things at all. Time spent as a family is THE most important thing. Not all the stuff in these advent boxes. It makes me so cross how that is being presented by many as the norm and that the more you spend on children/loved ones means the more you must love them. It isn’t and it doesn’t.
This - 100%. This endless materialism is shocking. All aimed at women with the subliminal message that you’ll life will only be perfect once you’ve bought the perfect PJs or Bobbi brown lipsticks. Lauren and all the other grabby influencers should be ashamed of themselves

This - 100%. This endless materialism is shocking. All aimed at women with the subliminal message that you’ll life will only be perfect once you’ve bought the perfect PJs or Bobbi brown lipsticks. Lauren and all the other grabby influencers should be ashamed of themselves
I couldn’t agree more! I also hate how it is marketed that we ‘need’ a Jo Malone candle (any of this gifted/ad crap) to live a fulfilled and worthy life, not just any candle but something luxurious as per Lauren’s constant flogging. Selling everyone this perceived life of luxury as if expensive stuff makes you happy...

Also, children don’t care about stuff and fancy presents they care about their parent being present. Take note, instafloggers!

*gets down off soapbox*

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Of course her child is Joseph in the nativity! The pressure will be on little Rory now to get a good part when his time comes round. Mustn’t let the perfect family image slip 🤨

Also is anyone else annoyed about the constant Christmas-ness already - advent has only just begun! I’m sure half these people must have bare twigs rather than trees by the time Christmas Day swings round!

• Haha
Anyone else see a story with Lauren in her fur trimmed red hooded coat with red lippie this morning, looking all mother Christmas? So naff 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Absolutely appalled that she had to spend a gifted night with Col simply to launch a self indulgent competition. I am surprised that the Dormy House has lowered themselves so much. We have come to expect such greedy standards from TWC, Joules, etc, but really! You can guarantee by the Fairfax and Favor Amira boots she is wearing that they will be coming up in the competition at some point. Why on earth would brands like that think her followers are going to spend £400 on a pair of boots she is wearing for free! The rare time she actually buys anything she seems to shop at H&M, Wilkos, etc. She is a make up saleswoman who has moved to the country, not your average clientele for boots like that. What is wrong with these companies- quick fix marketing gone mad!

• Heart
Absolutely appalled that she had to spend a gifted night with Col simply to launch a self indulgent competition. I am surprised that the Dormy House has lowered themselves so much. We have come to expect such greedy standards from TWC, Joules, etc, but really! You can guarantee by the Fairfax and Favor Amira boots she is wearing that they will be coming up in the competition at some point. Why on earth would brands like that think her followers are going to spend £400 on a pair of boots she is wearing for free! The rare time she actually buys anything she seems to shop at H&M, Wilkos, etc. She is a make up saleswoman who has moved to the country, not your average clientele for boots like that. What is wrong with these companies- quick fix marketing gone mad!
The thing is that her adoring followers probably will buy some of those boots and anything she flaunts because they all want to be like her. It’s getting sadder every day. It saddens me because I know people who have got into debt because of these sort of Instagram accounts making them feel dissatisfied with their lives and that somehow they will be enriched with all this material stuff! I think it’s pretty disgusting the pressure that they are inflicting on others.

Reactions: 6
Whatever happened to simple paper advent calendars? With no chocolate?? Is that proving how old I must be!!!! 😂
But honestly. This is not a good image to have is it. It’s extremely unhealthy!!
I couldn’t even find any this year that had no chocolate in them, which was a shame

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I love competitions but most Instagram competitions now are just Grammers mining for more followers with the whole Tag as many of your friends type of entry. I have just handful of family and friends on my insta and even those dont use it that much. So my chances of winning any competition is as likely as Laurs slumming it on a night wearing an old pair of Primark tracky bottoms covered in Worwees chocolate handprints, no makeup and eating a KFC bargain bucket with Col.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If you look at all the competition entries, it is appalling how many entries some instagrammers have made. One high profile instagrammer from NI even commented how she would love to win as it would be a dream come true to visit the Cotswolds - why don’t you just pay for a night there then like a normal person who doesn’t live off gifted trips. And don’t get me started on the amount of entries Blog me beautiful has put in - i had to unfollow her because I am convinced she has not bought one new thing for her baby, or herself and every trip she ever takes or day out is gifted. Absolutely ridiculous! Have unfollowed H & H now too.

• Wow
Honestly everything has to be documented for Instagram... including Worwee decorating a snowman that she has clearly decorated herself, pretending that a child did it! If you want to do good then do it without advertising it and seeking reward for yourself.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
When people do things for charity etc and have to tell everyone about it then they are clearly doing it for praise and that is NOT very charitable at all is it?!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.