Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The instafreebies are really smug and annoying but I really don’t think they are responsible for the death of the high street or brands going down the pan. That’s much more complex. Brands just think of and include these #gifts and ‘partnerships’ as per of their advertising budgets. They are very effective (and cheap!) advertising sources for big brands, especially with traditional media (like newspapers and magazines) being on the decline.

I wonder what the metrics are for those ‘turned off’ by social media marketing vs those who are receptive to it. I’d bet that the balance is still very much in the favour of those who are receptive, hence why the brands still place so much work IG’s way. Big brands aren’t daft, they have analysts for this stuff. They’ll stop doing it as soon it stops making financial sense and that influencer bubble will burst, messily for some.
Although I stop shopping at the shops that are gifting I do agree with you, I also wonder snout tge statistics!

Reactions: 3
The instafreebies are really smug and annoying but I really don’t think they are responsible for the death of the high street or brands going down the pan. That’s much more complex. Brands just think of and include these #gifts and ‘partnerships’ as per of their advertising budgets. They are very effective (and cheap!) advertising sources for big brands, especially with traditional media (like newspapers and magazines) being on the decline.

I wonder what the metrics are for those ‘turned off’ by social media marketing vs those who are receptive to it. I’d bet that the balance is still very much in the favour of those who are receptive, hence why the brands still place so much work IG’s way. Big brands aren’t daft, they have analysts for this stuff. They’ll stop doing it as soon it stops making financial sense and that influencer bubble will burst, messily for some.
Yes I agree, it’s clearly working. I’d love to know what percentage of sales comes from IG now, I bet its high.

Reactions: 2
Any este laude company, so Bobby Brown, jo Malone etc.

Snuzzpod. They gift to do many. Was about to purchase one before I realised how many they give away. Funny enough Lauren was also gifted one!

Sleepy head. Again was going to buy one and then saw how many are gifted. So I ended up buying one off gum tree that the lady never used as her baby hated it! Therefore no money going to the company.

Boden, joules, white company, Wallis, Next, M&S....avoiding them now.

Elemis, again a brand I used for so many years.

Under Armour....

Silver cross prams. They frigging gift to most people with over 15k followers. AVOIDED them too!

Laura Ashley - again loved shopping there.

I genuinely understand why said company's gift out to people. But there's a limit and I think now people are having their eyes opened to the fact that the prices have been inflated ever so slightly to compensate for them to send freebies to people. It's definitely beginning to have a detrimental effect on their businesses. I'd have so much more respect for them all if they gifted to people who genuinely needed said items, would be a better approach and I would then purchase those brands if they promoted themselves like that. Eg donate baby items to good causes. Make up could get some make up artists to do makeup on elderly, or before a school prom or a magazine shoot for disadvantaged people; giving them an amazing experience. Like a special needs school could have a prom, give the girls a makeover.... Or DV victims to make them feel better. Or go into a hospital and donate nice clothes to terminal patients. But noooo, they just all constantly give, give, give to people like this freeloader who'll just take take take. I've lost respect for people like Lauren and also these companies.

Sorry, really ranting now 😂
Cheap advertising for overinflated egos

Totally puts me off. I guess at least I’m saving money and helping the earth from such a consumer led world.
It goes to show how highly marked up in price stuff is! I used to work for a for one of these companies who sold their wallpaper at £25 a roll yet it’s only a quid to make!!!!
We will all be watching the FTSE post Christmas! These companies are asking to be culled!!
I reckon the White Company will be in trouble soon. The amount of 20% discounts they are giving and then the £10 gift vouchers they send out to customers. They were a prestigious brand in years gone by. Cheapened now

Reactions: 4
Cheap advertising for overinflated egos

I reckon the White Company will be in trouble soon. The amount of 20% discounts they are giving and then the £10 gift vouchers they send out to customers. They were a prestigious brand in years gone by. Cheapened now
TBF they’ve done the gift voucher things and decent sales for years but I do wonder how sustainable their model is as it’s just so expensive and they have lots of competition.

Reactions: 2
Yep, I totally agree. There is no creativity. She follows a formula for Instagram sales and that is all her Insta is now - a sales platform.

There is so little content apart from sales. Most often no other content! She is constantly selling her carefully curated, misleading life(style).

Another night away and third night out we know of (in seven days). Is anyone else horrified by how often she is away from home, taking up glamorous freebies and leaving her very young children? I appreciate she must receive lots of opportunities for free nights away but please turn some down!! I work with children and see first hand how unsettled they can be when a parent is away. I do appreciate that both her and her (cheater, homewrecker) husband need to work away but to choose to compound that with so many nights away seems a bit much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
TBF they’ve done the gift voucher things and decent sales for years but I do wonder how sustainable their model is as it’s just so expensive and they have lots of competition.
They are one of these companies that make/source their produce for peanuts do can afford to have sale after sale. It’s not as ‘posh’ as it makes out. Amazing what marketing can do. And now there are much more affordable brands that are competing, I know who I’d rather purchase from. However, I also like to have my own kind so in a way I check out these desperate ‘influencers’ to see what not to buy 🤔😁

Reactions: 5
Rarely post but today's stories really got to me. A first day of Advent box now Lauren? Stuffed with Joules PJs as well as a Xmas Eve box?!! " I'm sure you could throw something together like this last minute" erm no Lauren, most normal people can't. She's so out of touch it's unreal!!

Reactions: 11
A first day of Advent is a new one of me! Not something I’ll be adopting. First day of advent is decorating a tree with my kids and them getting exited about eating one of the tree chocolates! She portrays this perfect Mary Poppins life but it doesn’t come across as real. It always looks like the family are posing for a telly commercial or magazine advert. I just don’t get it. Her boys are immaculately dressed all of the time with hair in place. Yes they are adorable and seem sweet, but none of it comes across as being real I’m afraid. Trying way too hard springs to mind.

Reactions: 6
Rarely post but today's stories really got to me. A first day of Advent box now Lauren? Stuffed with Joules PJs as well as a Xmas Eve box?!! " I'm sure you could throw something together like this last minute" erm no Lauren, most normal people can't. She's so out of touch it's unreal!!
Others in unfortunate circumstances may look at that box and see there is more in the “first day of advent box” 🤷🏻‍♀️ than they can afford as actual gifts for Christmas Day.
No empathy for who is watching - get the content out there and show as many freebies/swipe ups as possible.

Maybe consider how fortunate you are and keep to yourself these stupid gimmicks?!

Others in unfortunate circumstances may look at that box and see there is more in the “first day of advent box” 🤷🏻‍♀️ than they can afford as actual gifts for Christmas Day.
No empathy for who is watching - get the content out there and show as many freebies/swipe ups as possible.

Maybe consider how fortunate you are and keep to yourself these stupid gimmicks?!
That is ridiculous, all that 1st day of advent stuff. Surely that is making them spoilt children! Totally agree with you. The problem is with these kind of people, they think that if it’s not going to be shown off on Instagram then what the point!!

Reactions: 8
That is ridiculous, all that 1st day of advent stuff. Surely that is making them spoilt children! Totally agree with you. The problem is with these kind of people, they think that if it’s not going to be shown off on Instagram then what the point!!
What’s wrong with a normal advent calendar with chocolate in, or an advent candle, why does it have to keep being pushed further and further into horrendous consumerism. It’s too much, she’s too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What’s wrong with a normal advent calendar with chocolate in, or an advent candle, why does it have to keep being pushed further and further into horrendous consumerism. It’s too much, she’s too much.
That’s quite right. Surely by Christmas Day the excitement will have worn off as it becomes the norm. How big and expensive will the main presents have to be? It’s pretty awful posting all this “look at me and what we’ve got”. Doesn’t portray a nice image at all.

• Heart
That’s quite right. Surely by Christmas Day the excitement will have worn off as it becomes the norm. How big and expensive will the main presents have to be? It’s pretty awful posting all this “look at me and what we’ve got”. Doesn’t portray a nice image at all.
The kids just want to spend time with their family. That’s the best gift you can give them. I totally agree with you that it doesn’t portray a nice image at all

Reactions: 7
Exactly. Family time and enjoying being together without all the posing preferably.

Reactions: 4
She is very much ‘look at me and what I’ve got’ and it encourages others to be the same, these are not the kind of values I’d want to be conveying to people, and definitely not my children. It just drives consumerism and some people will be watching her stories and feeling as if her ‘Gifted Box’ (Advent Box) is something to aspire to...

• Heart
Gah! I don’t dislike Lauren, but...the advent box stories is making me rearrange my face into a very unflattering expression. It’s all becoming so monstrously over the top. I genuinely don’t mind the Bobbie Brown bits, but this constant parade of material things makes her look vacuous.

Reactions: 6
She is very much ‘look at me and what I’ve got’ and it encourages others to be the same, these are not the kind of values I’d want to be conveying to people, and definitely not my children. It just drives consumerism and some people will be watching her stories and feeling as if her ‘Gifted Box’ (Advent Box) is something to aspire to...
Sadly a lot of people will and the fact she’s just wheeled it out the night before despite clearly spending weeks prepping and ordering stuff for it will make a lot of mums and dads feel really inadequate. In fact they’re doing great and the chocolate advent calendar in the kitchen will be like Christmas Day for kids anyway, it was always one of the best parts for me as a child. What kind of expectations is she creating for those boys? A never ending month of gifts and treats?!? It’s a nonsense. Their future partners will have A LOT to live up to 🙄

Reactions: 9
Sadly a lot of people will and the fact she’s just wheeled it out the night before despite clearly spending weeks prepping and ordering stuff for it will make a lot of mums and dads feel really inadequate. In fact they’re doing great and the chocolate advent calendar in the kitchen will be like Christmas Day for kids anyway, it was always one of the best parts for me as a child. What kind of expectations is she creating for those boys? A never ending month of gifts and treats?!? It’s a nonsense. Their future partners will have A LOT to live up to 🙄
I wonder if she cares how awful she will be making other very good parents feel! If it was all genuine she would’ve mentioned it in November. I think it’s very sad how Christmas has got.

Gah! I don’t dislike Lauren, but...the advent box stories is making me rearrange my face into a very unflattering expression. It’s all becoming so monstrously over the top. I genuinely don’t mind the Bobbie Brown bits, but this constant parade of material things makes her look vacuous.
I quite agree with you. It’s not that I dislike her but it’s the way she portrays herself that’s irritating and fake. I use Bobbi Brown but I wouldn’t “swipe up” on anyone’s links for discount.

First time commenting on this thread.
The first day of advent box....I mean really!! It’s pretty horrific the levels of consumerism these influencers extol. She’s obviously been planning it for a long time buying expensive things in to celebrate the first of a month. Ridiculous!!
Those boys will come to expect being treated all the time. It’s just spoiling them and when Christmas comes I could be an anticlimax as they will have already had a 1st of December box and a Christmas Eve box. Absolutely excessive and very showy. I just will alienate people and make them eye roll as has been evident with the amount of comments on here already.
I really hope that other parents see her stories and realise they don’t have to shower their children with gifts to mark the start of advent. Children are simple and are happy with small things like a calendar.
I do sometimes think this whole starting Christmas so early puts a lot of pressure on people to make the whole month special and also it’s confusing for small children who don’t quite realise they’ve still got a few weeks to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.