Hunters & Heels #3 white floaty dresses and (empty) baguettes tied up with string

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took that as Waffledoggy's point. She is, allegedly, an influencer and should set an example. As well as being sensitive about what she shared... ☺

Welcome to the dark side! 😂 Well done for unfollowing. You obviously saw through her ages ago but I don't understand why more people don't see the light? It baffles me, particularly this year when her feed doesn't reflect any kind of reality or normal life when everyone's normal lives have been so hard. Mainly though, it baffles me as she does nothing but sell to her followers, using her children. She has no other content. It is just product after product - some of which are completely irrelevant to her life or the way she lives her life and anyone who has followed her for a while clearly knows this. The products then disappear, never to be hard of again... A prime example being the paid advert for women's football and then when it was actually on TV she posted stories of herself watching something else with zero acknowledgement! 😳 I don't think she even realised her terrible mistake. There are loads of random, jarring products we could mention...
Perhaps I didn’t phrase it too well, but yes exactly what you said. She’s an influencer, and should be showing a bit of social responsibility. Just because she can do something, it certainly doesn’t mean she should. And it really stings for those of us who are sacrificing meals out and festive activities in the interests of others. If they were just spending Christmas themselves, and thus only a risk to themselves, then I’d be more forgiving of their behaviour, but they’re seeing family?! Presumably at least in their 50’s? How completely irresponsible!

Reactions: 8
I took that as Waffledoggy's point. She is, allegedly, an influencer and should set an example. As well as being sensitive about what she shared... ☺

Welcome to the dark side! 😂 Well done for unfollowing. You obviously saw through her ages ago but I don't understand why more people don't see the light? It baffles me, particularly this year when her feed doesn't reflect any kind of reality or normal life when everyone's normal lives have been so hard. Mainly though, it baffles me as she does nothing but sell to her followers, using her children. She has no other content. It is just product after product - some of which are completely irrelevant to her life or the way she lives her life and anyone who has followed her for a while clearly knows this. The products then disappear, never to be hard of again... A prime example being the paid advert for women's football and then when it was actually on TV she posted stories of herself watching something else with zero acknowledgement! 😳 I don't think she even realised her terrible mistake. There are loads of random, jarring products we could mention...
I think it’s a weird fascination, like her life is seemingly perfect but in kind of an accessible way. The last few weeks have been ridiculous though. Constant ads. I was kicking myself for buying plastic toys for my daughter as she wrapped up Victorian-style wooden (and expensive) toys for her sons. I know who’ll be having more fun on Christmas Day! 😂 This evening though... wow, that’s was just too much for me. And can she not go for a walk without a bloody camera, coffee and full make-up? 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it’s a weird fascination, like her life is seemingly perfect but in kind of an accessible way. The last few weeks have been ridiculous though. Constant ads. I was kicking myself for buying plastic toys for my daughter as she wrapped up Victorian-style wooden (and expensive) toys for her sons. I know who’ll be having more fun on Christmas Day! 😂 This evening though... wow, that’s was just too much for me. And can she not go for a walk without a bloody camera, coffee and full make-up? 🤢
It is so strange to think that her kids will grow up thinking that this kind of posing and caring about appearances is completely normal... At least she didn't dress her precious Ollie in a bow tie (Read middle aged man!) for their date at The Ivy like she did last year. Those poor kids always wearing uncomfortable clothing... It blows my mind she does it even when they are at home or heading out to nature. It will impact on and inhibit their ability to play.

Reactions: 12
It is so strange to think that her kids will grow up thinking that this kind of posing and caring about appearances is completely normal... At least she didn't dress her precious Ollie in a bow tie (Read middle aged man!) for their date at The Ivy like she did last year. Those poor kids always wearing uncomfortable clothing... It blows my mind she does it even when they are at home or heading out to nature. It will impact on and inhibit their ability to play.
As someone who was dressed like a female version of that as a child, I can guarantee they won’t thank her for it. She can expect some interesting teenage years 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think she is setting those boys up for an unhappy life - having all their early lives revolve around advertising stuff on insta, everything being about how they look, what they wear and having the ‘right’, most expensive things.
It’s teaching them to value the wrong things in life and putting pressure on them to perform and disregard their own feelings (I bet she doesn’t put up with any messing about when she’s got a tight brand deadline...)

do you think the Scottish travel ban will affect their seeing her step son?

I have to start off by saying I completely lost the plot for a while, spending money on unnecessary planners, lamps, blankets, etc. that Lauren posted - I was completely sucked in. Then I started to see through her friendly bullshit and realised what a steely saleswoman she actually is. This evening I unfollowed her and found this feed. What kind of person brags (‘shares’) a trip to The Ivy when millions of people are locked down and miserable this Christmas? The fact that she posted a warning beforehand means she KNOWS it’s insensitive. Why couldn’t she just enjoy it with her family, quietly? Because she’s just flashy and it’s gross. I feel so stupid for following her and falling for it.
Welcome, pull up a not gifted,#Aff chair. Grab yourself some 🍿 and go back and read the other threads. You *may* just have your eyes well and truly opened to the McDermotts, sales team extraordinaire

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think she is setting those boys up for an unhappy life - having all their early lives revolve around advertising stuff on insta, everything being about how they look, what they wear and having the ‘right’, most expensive things.
It’s teaching them to value the wrong things in life and putting pressure on them to perform and disregard their own feelings (I bet she doesn’t put up with any messing about when she’s got a tight brand deadline...)

do you think the Scottish travel ban will affect their seeing her step son?
Contact and travel between households has always been allowed before so I don't imagine so. I do wonder how Archie's mum would feel about unnecessary trips to the Ivy and a theatre when she likely has loved ones to protect though... 🤔😕😢

Welcome, pull up a not gifted,#Aff chair. Grab yourself some 🍿 and go back and read the other threads. You *may* just have your eyes well and truly opened to the McDermotts, sales team extraordinaire
There are quite a few shocking reveals on these threads, aren't there? Definitely a far cry from the life she pretends to lead... 😳

I feel sorry for Archie who might see everything they do as a family, like the pantomime, without him and get upset. I know you can’t do nothing while they’re at their other parents but surely you’d save the big things for when he’s there?

Reactions: 5
Oh my! The ol’ saying, ‘If it looks too good to be true, it probably is’ definitely applies here. So, more con artist than sales woman then 😬

I feel sorry for Archie who might see everything they do as a family, like the pantomime, without him and get upset. I know you can’t do nothing while they’re at their other parents but surely you’d save the big things for when he’s there?
So true. Or does nothing feel special, like a treat to them anymore? So flashy and insensitive.

Reactions: 6
The fact she had to *warn* people about her upcoming photos should have been enough to shake her out of the Insta-stupor she’s currently in.

Lauren seems to epitomise the very worst trait of Instagram: If you don’t show photos of it, did it really happen.

There was absolutely no need to show her evening out & having to pre-empt it with an apology is shocking. She could have just had a nice evening out with her family and kept the photos for herself. But no. She has to show off, even in this awful climate, she still cannot control her ego- it is all consuming, quite disgusting. Sheep will start to see it soon enough.

Reactions: 21
Oh my! The ol’ saying, ‘If it looks too good to be true, it probably is’ definitely applies here. So, more con artist than sales woman then 😬

So true. Or does nothing feel special, like a treat to them anymore? So flashy and insensitive.
Definitely more of a con artist. Pretending she has never been married before is, for me, the biggest lie!! 😳 In particular, talking about how it was not Col's first wedding and completely omitting to mention that it was also not her first wedding! So bizarre and underhand.

Reactions: 18
Definitely more of a con artist. Pretending she has never been married before is, for me, the biggest lie!! 😳 In particular, talking about how it was not Col's first wedding and completely omitting to mention that it was also not her first wedding! So bizarre and underhand.
Imagine living in her little insta frenzied head. It must be hell.

• Haha
Imagine living in her little insta frenzied head. It must be hell.
I’ve definitely experienced the unhealthy effects of her account. Honestly, I spent so much money - like, I felt compelled to. I’m a marketer and should know better but it just shows how influencers can impact people’s lives. And to think, her narrative is full of deceit... awful woman. She might have lots of freebies and experiences now but it won’t last forever and at what cost to those around her.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
The fact she had to *warn* people about her upcoming photos should have been enough to shake her out of the Insta-stupor she’s currently in.

Lauren seems to epitomise the very worst trait of Instagram: If you don’t show photos of it, did it really happen.

There was absolutely no need to show her evening out & having to pre-empt it with an apology is shocking. She could have just had a nice evening out with her family and kept the photos for herself. But no. She has to show off, even in this awful climate, she still cannot control her ego- it is all consuming, quite disgusting. Sheep will start to see it soon enough.
Indeed. I would class myself as a sheep up until yesterday. I quite enjoyed following her in a weird way. Yesterday was just too much. Disgusting is the word for it.

I too have been sucked in by her too previously, especially with BB stuff. Am I am not someone who is easily sucked in. I’m quite a realist.

I’ve always thought she looks way older than she really is and she seems a bit too twee for my liking.

BUT until this thread I had no idea about her past.

Well, she’s definitely the one who made me think to seek out Tattle’s thoughts on the matter and maybe quit Instagram entirely. Unfortunately, the addictive nature of the platform means that we’re hooked to her shenanigans. You can be level-headed in real life but still feel affected by it.

Essentially, she has turned herself and her family into a brand now (I’m guessing she loves that) but transparency and gauging the public’s mood are things she will need to learn to be truly successful.

Transparency when presenting her family (it’s not perfect), transparency when presenting her home (it’s not hers) and sensitivity to her followers. No, Lauren, showing off your trip to The Ivy will not go down well, with or without a disclaimer.

If she reads this feed, I hope she takes note.

• Heart
Why oh why is Blooming Niki wearing the same coat as Lauren in her last picture?! I actually like Niki's style - she doesn't need to try and be Lauren.
Are we not waiting patiently for her to reach 10k so she can get her own thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why oh why is Blooming Niki wearing the same coat as Lauren in her last picture?! I actually like Niki's style - she doesn't need to try and be Lauren.
Oh. My. Goodness. Is there some kind of health farm for influencers? They’ve lost it.

Is there actually anything in those boxes do you think? I watched someone pretending to drink a cup of tea on Instagram when it was clearly an empty cup 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry but I hate them both......HH because its just so false and BN because she just loves herself! - Sick and tired of all the sheep on in IG. It's all a 'Make believe life' so False !

Oh. My. Goodness. Is there some kind of health farm for influencers? They’ve lost it.

Is there actually anything in those boxes do you think? I watched someone pretending to drink a cup of tea on Instagram when it was clearly an empty cup 😂
Those boxes will all be empty ! Rather Iike their heads 🤣

Que......Gingerbread House.....BN will doing that next as HH has just posted one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.