Hunters & Heels #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The scrounging is relentless. She tagged the boutique she bought that cashmere scarf she bought in (and has worn to death since). Lo and behold she now has a #gifted scarf! 🤦🏻
I can imagine the hard sell to the small business owner then the sincere thanks in tiny font on the left hand corner 🙄

Reactions: 2
5 stories sat in the car wearing said #gifted scarf yet only one story has been tagged as #gifted surely they all should be? Does anyone know how to report her is it easy enough? If so I’ll happily be reporting tons of these ‘influencers’ from now 😂

Reactions: 4
Very easy. The key thing is to take lots of screenshots (or videos).

If it is an undeclared affiliate link on Instagram stories, take a screenshot of the story then swipe up and take a second photo with the web address (which will prove it is an affiliate link).

If it is an undeclared ad on Instagram stories or the grid, take screenshots that show the photo and text don’t label it as an ad.

If it is undeclared ads or affiliate links in a blog post, take screenshots that show the content isn’t properly labelled as an ad.

Remember any content that contains advertising or affiliate links should be clearly labelled at the beginning of posts on Instagram, FaceBook or blogs, and on every Instagram story.

Then go to the ASA and lodge a complaint. It takes five minutes tops, your details stay private, and you can upload lots of photos/videos as evidence.

Reactions: 5
Just watched her stories from yesterday and you’re all so right about her for head and Botox, I can’t un-see it now! Makes me feel so much better about my own skin, it’s really false to be a walking ad for Bobbi Brown, especially their skincare, and not come clean about the work she’s had done.

Just watched her stories from yesterday and you’re all so right about her for head and Botox, I can’t un-see it now! Makes me feel so much better about my own skin, it’s really false to be a walking ad for Bobbi Brown, especially their skincare, and not come clean about the work she’s had done.
Totally agree with "once you see it, you can't unsee it"! It is really obvious.

Nothing new to add to the post really, just wanted to say I’m ashamed to admit I was totally sucked in by this one, our kids are similar ages so I followed her and was amazed how perfect everything in her world appeared. I loved her grid of aesthetically pleasing photos and her idillic lifestyle, she seemed like a lovely, down to earth, happy, smiling, always happy to help person you’d love to be friends with. But oh how my eyes have been opened by you lovely lot 😂 Her stories today have amused me no end where she’s talking about her ‘edit’ and recommendations from the new White Company brochure, yet as someone pointed out further up the thread, when it comes to paying from her own (kindly gifted) pockets for things like silk flowers, she goes somewhere considerably cheaper 🤨 I used to buy a lot from the White Company but thanks to having grabby freeloaders like Lauren trying to push, push, push their products, I refuse to spend my money with them! I just wish these companies would wake up and see the negative effect using ‘influencers’ has on genuine customers. And I just wanted to say thank you tattlers! 😘 I’ve learnt loads from you all about these fickle lot and my follow list has now had a massive culling! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The thing is, the ASA don’t seem to give a tit 🤷🏼‍♀️
I agree they don’t care about gifts; their remit seems to be ensuring that consumers are clear as to what is advertising and at this point gifts aren’t considered advertising.

Nothing new to add to the post really, just wanted to say I’m ashamed to admit I was totally sucked in by this one, our kids are similar ages so I followed her and was amazed how perfect everything in her world appeared. I loved her grid of aesthetically pleasing photos and her idillic lifestyle, she seemed like a lovely, down to earth, happy, smiling, always happy to help person you’d love to be friends with. But oh how my eyes have been opened by you lovely lot 😂 Her stories today have amused me no end where she’s talking about her ‘edit’ and recommendations from the new White Company brochure, yet as someone pointed out further up the thread, when it comes to paying from her own (kindly gifted) pockets for things like silk flowers, she goes somewhere considerably cheaper 🤨 I used to buy a lot from the White Company but thanks to having grabby freeloaders like Lauren trying to push, push, push their products, I refuse to spend my money with them! I just wish these companies would wake up and see the negative effect using ‘influencers’ has on genuine customers. And I just wanted to say thank you tattlers! 😘 I’ve learnt loads from you all about these fickle lot and my follow list has now had a massive culling! 😆
Welcome, pull up a chair

• Haha
  • Heart
I’d be flicking through the bleeping White Company catalogue with a Cheshire Cat grin on my face as well if I could take my fancy on what I wanted for free. FFS. H&H and those like her haven’t got a clue how real people - their audience, live. It’s cheapened so many brands this form of marketing, which I’m sure wasn’t the intent.

Reactions: 7
I’d be flicking through the bleeping White Company catalogue with a Cheshire Cat grin on my face as well if I could take my fancy on what I wanted for free. FFS. H&H and those like her haven’t got a clue how real people - their audience, live. It’s cheapened so many brands this form of marketing, which I’m sure wasn’t the intent.
She had so much choice and chose a jumper that looks really cheap and nasty! Not a great ad.

She has zero content other than greedy, relentless, non-stop ads.

It looks cheap and nasty because it is, at least in quality, 47% nylon for £119. Errr, no thanks. They used to be real quality. As you say, she could’ve chosen something much better.

Reactions: 6
It looks cheap and nasty because it is, at least in quality, 47% nylon for £119. Errr, no thanks. They used to be real quality. As you say, she could’ve chosen something much better.
Some of the home items in the white company are sold by next and cox & cox.

It’s good to do your research before purchasing

Reactions: 3
Awful jumper! She always looks so much older wearing these type of clothes so doesn’t sell it to me. Totally out of touch with reality. Paints this picture perfect lifestyle, but you just know it’s not. Anyone that has to ‘stage’ photos and ‘collab’ with brands is not a trustworthy person - they can’t be. They are getting paid to promote and ‘influence’ their sheep to buy, and the brands have some say on what they have to say or include in their posts etc. They have to employ sales tactics to their posts and stories - it is a business and nothing more. Wonder what would happen to accounts like this if the monetary aspect of Instagram was removed??? Do you think huntersandheels would put as much effort into their posts??🤔

Some of the home items in the white company are sold by next and cox & cox.

It’s good to do your research before purchasing
Absolutely. Lots of the exact items sold by Cox and Cox are sold elsewhere for a fraction of the price. I learnt this lesson at my own cost 🤪

Awful jumper! She always looks so much older wearing these type of clothes so doesn’t sell it to me. Totally out of touch with reality. Paints this picture perfect lifestyle, but you just know it’s not. Anyone that has to ‘stage’ photos and ‘collab’ with brands is not a trustworthy person - they can’t be. They are getting paid to promote and ‘influence’ their sheep to buy, and the brands have some say on what they have to say or include in their posts etc. They have to employ sales tactics to their posts and stories - it is a business and nothing more. Wonder what would happen to accounts like this if the monetary aspect of Instagram was removed??? Do you think huntersandheels would put as much effort into their posts??🤔
What gets me is that she set out to monetise her Instagram. It is clear that was her intention from the start. Even some of her earliest posts were exact copies of other, more successful Influencers (for example, a photo of her spreading the duvet cover with her sitting baby (Ollie) underneath etc.).

Absolutely. Lots of the exact items sold by Cox and Cox are sold elsewhere for a fraction of the price. I learnt this lesson at my own cost 🤪

What gets me is that she set out to monetise her Instagram. It is clear that was her intention from the start. Even some of her earliest posts were exact copies of other, more successful Influencers (for example, a photo of her spreading the duvet cover with her sitting baby (Ollie) underneath etc.).
It’s a cleverly money driven account, using her kids to increase engagement numbers and selling power. She airbrushes her life so people buy into it, manipulating them into wanting her life and needing the things she talks about having. Should try being authentic instead. How about no ads, swipe ups...? This type of account taps into people’s vulnerabilities and relies on it in order to be successful.

It never ceases to amaze me how much new ‘stuff’ these people have, gifted or not. They are the worst for wear something once or twice then move on to something new. It is so irresponsible and vulgar. I mean why did Lauren accept another scarf when she had one already in a different colour - she could have gifted it to someone else, or simply said to the small business owner that she didn’t need another one but was happy to give a small local business some exposure. She is soooo greedy though it would never occur to her to do something for nothing. I love the fact she only went in the shop in the first place to get protector for her gifted boots!! Also, those pathetic stories from her car for TWC, do they really think that content is worthy of gifting someone hundreds of pounds worth of product - I mean, if I were the tax man I would find that pushing the boundaries of marketing. I used to be such a fan of TWC but they have gone overboard with influencers. Their latest brochure is printed on terrible paper - like a cheap catalogue - and using influencers seems to be where they are putting their budget. The thing is they have ruined their brand, it is such poor quality, cheap, marketing, usually by people that would never shop there if it wasn’t gifted.

• Heart
What a ridiculous post!
Of course not Lauren - I don’t have money to burn, nor do I have companies such as TWC and Joules constantly gifting clothes to me and my family. What planet is she on?? Anything for those engagement figures eh??

Attachments

What a ridiculous post!
Of course not Lauren - I don’t have money to burn, nor do I have companies such as TWC and Joules constantly gifting clothes to me and my family. What planet is she on?? Anything for those engagement figures eh??
Exactly the attitude and stupid joke she would make, as she is someone who has such a bad relationship with clothes - the ultimate consumer, absolutely no sustainability or environmental morals - easy come, easy go!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.