Hunters and Heels #4 the ultimate ad bore, keeps it a secret she was married before

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this sudden gardening hysteria - why is she suddenly Monty Don?! Such a desperado

Reactions: 2
All this sudden gardening hysteria - why is she suddenly Monty Don?! Such a desperado
Jumping on the bandwagon, everyone is a gardener all of a sudden...seen those Aldi greenhouses on so many profiles!

Reactions: 5
I’m reading a good book called People like her by Ellery Lloyd - the main character is a very successful influencer and the story is told from her and her husband’s perspective - some of the story background brings Lauren and Col to mind and it’s very interesting to see how the influencer business works.

Reactions: 9
Exactly. This is precisely why I dislike her so much. She is taking the same approach as she did with cooking and baking. She knew absolutely zero about them but made videos and adverts, as though she was the expert telling the sheep what to do. She is 'teaching' us about gardening. For goodness sake. Talk about teaching your granny to suck eggs. Nearly all of her followers will have a garden and already work on it. To take a tiny example, if you are going to show us all how you are planting Dahlias, at least get it right and tell people that root cuttings will give a far more vibrant and bigger flower etc. It is all just for content and to show off the allotment that she shares and doesn't own! Very few people would plant in a rented garden unless it was in pots and she doesn't even mention this - all smoke and mirrors!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m reading a good book called People like her by Ellery Lloyd - the main character is a very successful influencer and the story is told from her and her husband’s perspective - some of the story background brings Lauren and Col to mind and it’s very interesting to see how the influencer business works.
I’m reading this too!

Reactions: 1
Exactly. This is precisely why I dislike her so much. She is taking the same approach as she did with cooking and baking. She knew absolutely zero about them but made videos and adverts, as though she was the expert telling the sheep what to do. She is 'teaching' us about gardening. For goodness sake. Talk about teaching your granny to suck eggs. Nearly all of her followers will have a garden and already work on it. To take a tiny example, if you are going to show us all how you are planting Dahlias, at least get it right and tell people that root cuttings will give a far more vibrant and bigger flower etc. It is all just for content and to show off the allotment that she shares and doesn't own! Very few people would plant in a rented garden unless it was in pots and she doesn't even mention this - all smoke and mirrors!
She had hanging baskets in her story .And primroses which only last for one season. I could understand people in rented homes planting bedding plants as they tend to flower soon after planting. ( obviously I don't see the point in planting massive trees in a rented garden cos the tenant may not be there to see it grow).

I can also understand how people are jumping on the gardening bandwagon due to it being one of the industries not under restrictions due to lockdown.

She had hanging baskets in her story .And primroses which only last for one season. I could understand people in rented homes planting bedding plants as they tend to flower soon after planting. ( obviously I don't see the point in planting massive trees in a rented garden cos the tenant may not be there to see it grow).

I can also understand how people are jumping on the gardening bandwagon due to it being one of the industries not under restrictions due to lockdown.
Yes, she planted up Primroses but said the were Daffodils! 🤣😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh, where to start...

A small child could plant a primrose, Lauren.

But, what really gets my goat, is the faux modesty in her captions against the obviously planned and posed-for images in her feed. If you feel good and want to take a photo, great, just don’t be contrived about it.

I’m sure & Other Stories are thrilled - perhaps not quite their demographic? 🤭 How to make a lovely cardigan look like something from a mid-level department store in one easy step.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m sure & Other Stories are thrilled - perhaps not quite their demographic? 🤭 How to make a lovely cardigan look like something from a mid-level department store in one easy step.
She needs to drop fashion from her life as a blogger!

Again, another fashion fail from Laur. The jean peddle pushers and nude pencil heels are so 00s.

How simple is it to stick on a pair of mum jeans, some cool trainers/boots, and french tuck that cardigan in, then youre halfway to looking on trend and 30s, not the decades and frumpiness she has managed to make the & other stories cardigan into. *sigh * i despair. Get another day job Laur....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She needs to drop fashion from her life as a blogger!

Again, another fashion fail from Laur. The jean peddle pushers and nude pencil heels are so 00s.

How simple is it to stick on a pair of mum jeans, some cool trainers/boots, and french tuck that cardigan in, then youre halfway to looking on trend and 30s, not the decades and frumpiness she has managed to make the & other stories cardigan into. *sigh * i despair. Get another day job Laur....
It really reminded me of that era! I always forget that she’s younger than me... I feel quite cool in comparison 😂

Reactions: 6
I'm surprised she hasn't done a lockdown ' hair up tutorial ' to hide the fact that her hair looks like it really needs a good trim .

I don't mean to be as bitchy as it sounds, the ends of my hair get really dry and look like that when it gets to that length.

Reactions: 2
Laur’s to do list:

Buy granny cardigan
Sit in car wearing cardigan
Aff link cardigan
Stage a photo shoot (full hair, make up and heels) to give sheep another look at said cardigan

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Laur’s to do list:

Buy granny cardigan
Sit in car wearing cardigan
Aff link cardigan
Stage a photo shoot (full hair, make up and heels) to give sheep another look at said cardigan
Can you imagine someone walking past whilst she poses like this?! She must be the talk of the town in Ledbury! 🤭

• Haha
She really looks so completely different without a filter. Looks like her nose has been broken.

FWIW, I don’t swear at my children or do ‘big farts’ in company (where I can help it, my husband & I don’t do it in front of each other either). I agree she’s irritating and the Blyton routine is overkill but there is a middle ground between Blyton and Waynetta Slob.

[edited to remove an extra word]
How have you not exploded 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.