How much sex is "normal" in a relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The link between desire and sex drive is major. I cant remember the last time we had sex tbh. We go through phases of none or loads. There is no 'normal'

Reactions: 5
We have 3 boys age 6, 12 and 16. Been together 18 years. He wants it more than me but iys really hard when you have teenagers are in the house and not asleep when you go to bed, ruins the mood 😅😅
Probably twice a month at the minute

Reactions: 4
Wow some people on this thread are putting me to shame! 😅

I'd say once or twice a month for us. Husband would probably like a lot more but my sex drive has always been very low. I can't blame kids because we are child free. It's weird because when we do have sex, I enjoy it and wonder why we don't do it more often. It's the 'getting in the mood' part I struggle with.

Reactions: 23
It's weird because when we do have sex, I enjoy it and wonder why we don't do it more often. It's the 'getting in the mood' part I struggle with.
I feel this! I used to have a really high sex drive before having a baby but now I don’t. I really enjoy it when we do it though, just getting in the mood is a struggle. I’d rather play the Sims 🤣 or sleep 😂

Reactions: 5
We’ve been together about 7 years and have a 4 year old and I’m currently pregnant with our second child. I’ve always had a high sex drive and before our daughter was born it was probably 3-4 times a week.

Since being parents, 1-2 times a week. I’m heavily pregnant now though and have zero sex drive.

Reactions: 2
Being the one with the higher sex drive is a bit of a self esteem killer… 😞

Reactions: 12
Thanks for replying :)

No I'm not on any contraception, it has messed me up in the past so we work around my cycle by tracking periods, using condoms during "red" days and unprotected during "green" days.

We've got no kids either so the disruptions you hear about with parents isn't a factor either.
How do you do this? (Track your periods)

I don’t know why I’m reading this, I’m single and can’t even remember the last time I had sex 🤣🤣🤣 This thread is making me proper jealous!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Once a month, if that. Been together a few years. Used to do it as often as possible really. ADs and the pill killed my sex drive for a bit but now I'm free of both and like a rabid dog.

I think being cooped up together for the last two years hasn't helped anything at all.

I'm in awe of people in long term relationships who manage to keep the spark alive, I think eventually we're gonna have to try role-play or something as I think we both appreciate sex as an excitement/thrill thing, rather than romantic/intimate.

In the meantime, I'm very grateful for my Satisfyer

Am I the only one on the pill with a mega high sex drive?! 😳 I worry about coming off it, incase it goes even higher…

Reactions: 3
I definitely think my implant killed my sex drive. However it's completely stopped my period and I've had no issues with it (except that) for the past 8 years so I'm going to keep it.

I definitely have a lower sex drive which is not ideal. Recently though when we've been getting into it I've been getting really tickly during foreplay and not able to enjoy it which takes me right out the mood. It feels uncomfortable and this definitely didn't used to be the case. Not quite sure what I can do about it but here we are.

I definitely think my implant killed my sex drive. However it's completely stopped my period and I've had no issues with it (except that) for the past 8 years so I'm going to keep it.

I definitely have a lower sex drive which is not ideal. Recently though when we've been getting into it I've been getting really tickly during foreplay and not able to enjoy it which takes me right out the mood. It feels uncomfortable and this definitely didn't used to be the case. Not quite sure what I can do about it but here we are.
I feel like thats the ick 🙈 had it many times before.

Ladies who do it regularly, do you orgasm from sex? And those who don’t, do you?
My OH would be once or twice a day given the chance but with breastfeeding a baby he’s lucky with once a week at the moment. Baby is nearly 1 so I need to step up my game but it’s hard to find motivation when you need more than penetration to get off

Me and my Husband (married in October 2021) defiantly go through stages I think it just depends what we have going on in our life’s we both work full time, sometimes my husband is away offshore so when he gets home it’s constant 🤣. If it’s a average month of us both being home I would say 2-3 times a week, however we don’t have children YET (starting to try for a baby this year) so I am sure if will all change x

Reactions: 1
We have been together 15 years. I would say for the first 12-13 years it was very regular. Probably every to every other day. But his working pattern is now crap and includes a lot of nights, when not on nights he goes to bed much later than me. Kids are also up late and could walk in at any moment. So with one thing and another we got out of the habit which is a shame. When we do it, it’s good and I always think we should make more of an effort to do it more often, but then just don’t. So could be weeks, could be months in between.

Reactions: 3
Ladies who do it regularly, do you orgasm from sex? And those who don’t, do you?
My OH would be once or twice a day given the chance but with breastfeeding a baby he’s lucky with once a week at the moment. Baby is nearly 1 so I need to step up my game but it’s hard to find motivation when you need more than penetration to get off
If you dont orgasm from penetration then your partner should be doing other things to make sure you do orgasm imo. I can from penetrative sex but not every time, just depends on position/time of the month etc.

Personally I wouldnt want to have sex if I didnt orgasm. We dont always have time to have loads of foreplay (2 kids) so would use toys to make sure I do.

So if your partner isnt doing that for you then I can see why you wouldnt want to.

Reactions: 6