How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Own a chain of salons, a Facial Aesthetic Surgery and 2 training academy’s. Take home varies yearly but combined it’s anywhere between £300k-£500k a year.
Swear half of this goes on bloody childcare though! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Oh this is interesting... not the money (though I wish!) more the fact you run multiple businesses. Did you just open one and then another and so forth as you grew?

Oh this is interesting... not the money (though I wish!) more the fact you run multiple businesses. Did you just open one and then another and so forth as you grew?
Kind of.
I trained as a beauty therapist in night college alongside my A-levels. My parents wouldn’t allow me to study a “drop-out” course and wanted me to go to Uni.
When I finished my A Levels & got my NVQs in Beauty I started working in a salon in my home town alongside doing my degree, where I stayed for 4 years. The owner retired and I bought the business and it grew from there. 😊

Reactions: 15
Kind of.
I trained as a beauty therapist in night college alongside my A-levels. My parents wouldn’t allow me to study a “drop-out” course and wanted me to go to Uni.
When I finished my A Levels & got my NVQs in Beauty I started working in a salon in my home town alongside doing my degree, where I stayed for 4 years. The owner retired and I bought the business and it grew from there. 😊
What do your parents think now?

PA - £42k plus bonus & benefits (roughly worth £12k)
Late 30’s and I commute to London, despite the £4800 annual travel cost I enjoy it! (Thank you interest free loan!)

Reactions: 3
Own a chain of salons, a Facial Aesthetic Surgery and 2 training academy’s. Take home varies yearly but combined it’s anywhere between £300k-£500k a year.
That is fantastic are we allowed to ask for skin advice! I know nothing about skincare as am not girly at all. I'm 38 with great skin, only some laughter lines around my eyes. I want to start preventative care what would you recommend to plump and smooth the skin?
I see Lornalux is pushing some vitamin skin injections

Reactions: 1
Sahm - husband earns £86000,

I have about £500 month that's for me and what I want e.g clothes or lunches out. And my children's things and good shopping comes out of the joint account.

We live offshore too.
30. Jersey channel islands

Full time haematology technician in a veterinary diagnostic laboratory - 27k, will be going up to 29k when im fully trained.
I'm 28. I commute quite far to my job in Hertfordshire, but luckily we get London weighting included which helps.

That is fantastic are we allowed to ask for skin advice! I know nothing about skincare as am not girly at all. I'm 38 with great skin, only some laughter lines around my eyes. I want to start preventative care what would you recommend to plump and smooth the skin?
I see Lornalux is pushing some vitamin skin injections
Of course. First thing before any product is to Definitely make sure you’re drinking a lot of water. Pisses people off when i say that but it’s the number one keys. Increases the elasticity in your skin and keeps your skin hydrated.
a good moisturiser - favs are the Elizabeth Arden range - they do a really nice selection of moisturisers designed to plump and rejuvenate.
And Elemis Marine Cream (couldn’t live without it).
Everyone’s skin is different but it’s good to start early with a solid routine. Doesn’t have to include vitamin injections and all that jazz, you can get really good skin care at a budget. You just need to know your skin first. 😊

Reactions: 6
Sorry to be cheeky in asking this but would you give Botox to a breastfeeding mother or is it a total no-no? I’m desperate to get my Botox done but breastfeeding my 8 month old still and might be for a while as I’m going to leave it to her to self wean, haven’t had it done since months before I fell pregnant and my frown lines are really bugging me!

Sorry to be cheeky in asking this but would you give Botox to a breastfeeding mother or is it a total no-no? I’m desperate to get my Botox done but breastfeeding my 8 month old still and might be for a while as I’m going to leave it to her to self wean, haven’t had it done since months before I fell pregnant and my frown lines are really bugging me!
Honestly, I stayed away from all Botox and fillers whilst pregnant and breast feeding.
If you’ve had Botox before and you didn’t have any reactions or side effects, chances are you’ll be fine. However, if your baby has an allergy to the toxins within Botox (it’s a minimal amount entered into your body) then it could be really dangerous for baby.
We get new medical updates every year as the technology behind the treatments we use develop, but there’s not much research done with breastfeeding. The last 11 years there’s no change to the info we get given.
Which is bad really!
Throughout all my salons if a woman openly states they’re breastfeeding, we refuse treatment, but, it’s not within our legalities that we have to ask like we do if a woman is pregnant.

Reactions: 2
This thread is really interesting!
I’m in my thirties, live in the South East and work as a carer. Monthly take home is anywhere between £1300 - £1600 depending on hours. I absolutely love my job. Yes it would be great if it paid more but I can pay my bills and I’m genuinely happy to go to work in the morning which is worth more to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This thread is really interesting!
I’m in my thirties, live in the South East and work as a carer. Monthly take home is anywhere between £1300 - £1600 depending on hours. I absolutely love my job. Yes it would be great if it paid more but I can pay my bills and I’m genuinely happy to go to work in the morning which is worth more to me.
I honestly could not do what you do - I’d love to but I really don’t think I could get through a day without several breakdowns, especially if I knew I was the only person the patient sees for days/weeks/months on end.

Reactions: 4
I honestly could not do what you do - I’d love to but I really don’t think I could get through a day without several breakdowns, especially if I knew I was the only person the patient sees for days/weeks/months on end.
I didn’t think I could either but I hated my office job so thought I’d give it a go while I looked for something else. 10 years later I’m still doing it 😂. It is really hard to leave sometimes but I’m lucky to work for a decent company so everyone has a good amount of time spent with them which does help.

Reactions: 5
I work in mental health in the nhs, £30,000 for 30 hours a week.
My pay includes shift allowance which has made a big difference, nightshift especially. I know it sounds like a lot of money however we face intense violence and aggression on a daily basis, I’m also at the top of my pay scale.
I do love my job, mostly, it’s very stressful at times x

Reactions: 6
Honestly, I stayed away from all Botox and fillers whilst pregnant and breast feeding.
If you’ve had Botox before and you didn’t have any reactions or side effects, chances are you’ll be fine. However, if your baby has an allergy to the toxins within Botox (it’s a minimal amount entered into your body) then it could be really dangerous for baby.
We get new medical updates every year as the technology behind the treatments we use develop, but there’s not much research done with breastfeeding. The last 11 years there’s no change to the info we get given.
Which is bad really!
Throughout all my salons if a woman openly states they’re breastfeeding, we refuse treatment, but, it’s not within our legalities that we have to ask like we do if a woman is pregnant.
Thank you so much for the info, I thought this would be the answer 👍🏻

£52k. Marketing in a professional services firm. This thread has taught me that a lot of people don’t know my job exists and how lucrative it is. I also struggle each month with the cost of commuting into London (if I didn’t, my salary would be c. £20k less)

Yep I get paid £1000 for food shopping, clothes for kids, car etc.
Sorry, from who?

SAHM mum here. Husband pays me 1500 a week. All our small bills come out of that and food but he pays mortgage, fuel & car etc

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.