How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a GP and work part time, 3 days a week (although each day is usually 12hrs long with all the admin and paperwork so it’s still 36hrs/week) - my salary is currently £52500 per year.

Reactions: 8
This is so interesting! I was a Sales Negotiator for an estate agent, pay varied but averaged around £1800 a month take home. I have some health issues and had to give up driving, I was lucky enough to go into the admin role at the estate agency I worked for which was £16,500 a year. I have now had to quit because of my health. I’d like to find something i can do part time at home as we are topping up husbands income with savings, but it isn’t sustainable. Don’t want to go down the benefits route until absolutely necessary. If anyone has any suggestions of anything I can do...😂
Have you thought about doing audio typing from home? You can get paid pretty well

Reactions: 2
This thread is fascinating! I’m 27 and live in London... currently on £45k working in sales for a startup with about an extra £30k in bonus, but it really doesn’t go very far! My rent is £1200 for a room in a house share and my travel is about £350 on top.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
20 from Essex, working in London as a Facilities Administrator for a Local Government Authority for 30k per year.

Reactions: 1
28 from Scotland. Work in financial services. About 24-28 hours a week. £30K + around £10K in bonuses.

I used to be an Assistant Accountant (10 years ago) in West Country earning 19k a year. I gave that up as i wasn't seeing my kids - i was constantly working and became mentally exhausted and it had an effect on my marriage. I now work nights in retail earning well less than what i did and im happier for it and i see my children and all is good.
So just because you earn good money doesn't make you happier.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if a good thread would be what's everyone's outgoings?
I'm finding it really interesting seeing the differing earnings.

Reactions: 10
I work 4 days a week as a receptionist and earn about £14k a year pre tax. I also have a small business making wax melts which is going quite well but not a big income. used to work in sales and was earning about 3 x that (I live in a very seasonal place, not big money round here!) but wanted a better work/life balance.. however now I spend all my time making wax melts haha!

37 hours a week and in an office £21.600 before tax - those who work from home, do you have advise on how to fet started? I have often wondered what kind of jobs you would do from home and not be self employed

Sahm - husband earns £86000,

I have about £500 month that's for me and what I want e.g clothes or lunches out. And my children's things and good shopping comes out of the joint account.

We live offshore too.

Reactions: 4
I’m a SAHM with an ‘allowance’.
I don’t really view it like that. We have a joint account that covers bill, food shopping, school fees etc. I personally had a hard time taking money for nights out, hair, nails, clothes etc. Hated buying his Christmas and birthday from the joint account. I like handbags, stoped buying them as I felt guilty taking money from the account.
this way I get over my issues and can save a bit if I want big ticket items.
He also has a separate account that has his ‘play’ money in it.
I’ve always worked but stopped two years ago because my daughter had really bad anxiety and the after school care and the school she was in don’t help.
moved her private which is 40 mins away, and I do the school and club runs.
It was a hard transition for me and this way of doing money works for me.
I’m 31 in Scotland. Husband is 40.

Nothing at the moment as currently a SAHM, but prior to having my kids I worked as a Senior Care Assistant in a dementia unit. Salary at full-time was around £18K. Reduced my hours after maternity leave with my first, then gave it up completely after my second was born (eldest was 2 at the time) due to issues with childcare.
I’m 30 years old from Scotland.

Own a chain of salons, a Facial Aesthetic Surgery and 2 training academy’s. Take home varies yearly but combined it’s anywhere between £300k-£500k a year.
Swear half of this goes on bloody childcare though! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.