How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've really found this thread interesting, I've just accepted a new job in the New Year and have been really interested in wages ever since, but most people don't like to discuss it!

I'm an Accountant in the Civil Service, currently earn £40k pa, will be £52k after promotion. I'm 39 and live in the West Midlands. Paying off debts from a crappy ex so really chuffed that can be done sooner now 😊

Reactions: 10
I've really found this thread interesting, I've just accepted a new job in the New Year and have been really interested in wages ever since, but most people don't like to discuss it!

I'm an Accountant in the Civil Service, currently earn £40k pa, will be £52k after promotion. I'm 39 and live in the West Midlands. Paying off debts from a crappy ex so really chuffed that can be done sooner now 😊
What qualifications did you need for this? I’m civil service and like the idea of accountancy/finance

Reactions: 1
What qualifications did you need for this? I’m civil service and like the idea of accountancy/finance
I just applied for a post in finance in my department and asked to do locally funded accountancy study. Prior to that I only had GCSE/A level. There's also finance fast steam schemes and apprenticeships across Government which can get you promoted quicker. It's definitely worth it, I get an allowance on top of my basic pay for being qualified

Reactions: 3
I earn just over £32,000 as a teacher in Scotland. However, after tax, pension and student loans it is roughly £21,500 which is actually a bit depressing to see written out

Although I know I am very lucky my student loans are government ones and my pension will pay off one day so 🤷‍♀️.
I'm 25! (Although 26 very soon) I am on Point 1 of a 0 to 6 point scale which you go up once a year so slowly growing towards over £40,000 on point 6.

These are all so interesting to read! So many different jobs!

Nursery Manager and own a percentage of the company. North east England, 31, £25,500 plus annual profits.

Currently in social housing £18000 per year, but as of may 2020 sahm, will get mat pay and hubby has agreed to top up of £1000 per month as I will be doing his business books from home 😀 x

Local Authority. Line manager of 30 (ish) staff.
I do 5 hours a day, term time only. Main admin base is at home with a maximum of two staff visits a day.
After tax and NI, come out with 1k a month.
And apart from 3 breakfast club sessions a month, we have no childcare costs now.
We're significantly better off than when I was doing other jobs, because of the amount we are saving on childcare.
It used to be that in July and August I'd be in negative numbers, turning up just for the pension contributions!
Also I'm time rich, no more lengthy commute = being able to pay attention to everyone at home, and getting home at a reasonable time to do that.

Reactions: 4
Sweet FA, SAHM with 2 autistic children. Don't claim dla for them, even though I really should as would help massively. I just can't get my head around the paperwork. Husband earns about 26k before tax. Lab technician. Suffolk area. Don't get an allowance from the hubby, he just pays for everything. No joint account either.

Reactions: 6
Sweet FA, SAHM with 2 autistic children. Don't claim dla for them, even though I really should as would help massively. I just can't get my head around the paperwork. Husband earns about 26k before tax. Lab technician. Suffolk area. Don't get an allowance from the hubby, he just pays for everything. No joint account either.
I feel you with regards to the DLA claim situation. Currently in the process of filling it in for my autistic child after putting it off for the longest time; it is a beast of a form. I’m finding it difficult because I downplay a lot of my son’s challenges, because I’m used to them being with him all the time. You really have to describe your child’s worst day and that itself takes a toll. It would help out so much but a huge part of me believes it’s going to be rejected (bit of a pessimist).😕

Reactions: 2
About to start work as a teaching assistant and salary will be around £18k
This is a lot for a ta. The PRU I work in pay around that much but that’s with a few allowances for the environment you work in.
Friends that are TA’s are usually on around £10k as it’s paid term time only. I’m not saying that’s right as most jobs in education severely underpaid.

Trainee History Teacher in the north east - £12,000 a year in train to teach bursary

Anyone a graphic designer? I’m on 23k @ 27. Really interested in what the maximum I’ll be able to progress to is before I make a career change 😂 My husband is training atm so he’s not bringing much in at all, really want another baby but just can’t afford the maternity pay ☹

Secondary Teacher £38k, rising to £41k next year and then I'll be at the top of the salary scale so no more increments after that unless I get promoted. I also mark for exam board which is another £3k ish.

Last edited:
I'm 35 and from Scotland I was working as a care assistant but had to leave because of my illness's I am on benefits and have been since I left my job 8 years ago which I hate but can't really find jobs at home but if anyone has any ideas please say while I've been stuck to my bed i have done 2 college courses for menatal health level 1+2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.