How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you need to start freelancing !
I knoW it’s so sad 😢 I represent one business who won’t deal with someone self employed - only on an employee basis so get hit with highest tax bracket , I’ve looked into it and not sure how I can get round it.

39k working at a university.

I was berated for saying tax rises would affect me on the politics thread. But after season ticket, tax, childcare and mortgage there's not much left!
I know someone that does two shifs a week at Sainsbury's and with housing tax benefits, council tax benefits, child benefits and working tax credit she earns around the same as these are tax free.
Her children are at secondary school and her job is low stress and she has so much free time. I feel like a mug.
I know what you mean. But I always think when the children grow up and that money all stops they’ll not have the career that you have & become established in

Reactions: 5
£450 a day sounds like quite a lot, but I earn a similar amount and out of that you have to pay accountant fees, holiday, employers NI, employees NI, corp tax, sick pay, pension, training and have little security and time off between contracts.

I don't really work out that much better off than when I was earning around 50k.
It may sound a lot but that's what he is on as a daily rate contractor. I agree with little security and contracts can be ended at any time so that probably feeds into why he is frugal with it, still doesn't mean I should pay for most things when my one month's wage is less than a weeks to him. He doesn't pay some of the things you have mentioned as well

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Really interesting to see what different jobs earn had no idea about some of them

I find this all so interesting! Loved reading everyone’s contributions and all the amazing jobs that everyone do!

I work as a corporate flight attendant - fluctuates between £3k-£6k a month depending how many days I work - but based abroad (wish I could make this salary at home but don’t think there’s many opportunities)

I find this all so interesting! Loved reading everyone’s contributions and all the amazing jobs that everyone do!

I work as a corporate flight attendant - fluctuates between £3k-£6k a month depending how many days I work - but based abroad (wish I could make this salary at home but don’t think there’s many opportunities)
so do you work on private jets ? I bet you see all sorts of behaviour !

Reactions: 1
so do you work on private jets ? I bet you see all sorts of behaviour !
Haha luckily it’s all very civilised - just business meetings, no drinking etc! Really grateful I don’t deal with divas but not so great for a gossip forum im afraid :LOL:

Haha luckily it’s all very civilised - just business meetings, no drinking etc! Really grateful I don’t deal with divas but not so great for a gossip forum im afraid :LOL:
how disappointing !! But far nicer for you :)

I'm 30 from Wales.
I work as a receptionist for a GP surgery, 30 hours a week and earn £14k a year for that, I also work for GP out of hours on weekends when I can where I earn about £550 a month depending on hours.

Reactions: 4
I’m 37 and an IT manager part time £36k basic and £5k annual bonus. I’m a single parent so all my salary just about covers mortgage, bills, car and childcare.

I’m a property manager working for my family business as well as some private clients. I also have a small online business I do from home.

I’m SE and my last years earnings were £46K.

My husband works as a deputy manager at an online supermarket and is on about £33K.

Currently a SAHM but prior to that earnt 18k as a full time sales and customer service assistant. They started me on 14k when I had just left uni 🙄 East of England

I don't "earn" it but I get £343 every two weeks on uni credits 😂 (I get more than the basic rate because I'm on the limited capability for work due to MH issues) i tried to work last year after just being like why not just try to and eneded up lasting four days in debanhames cafe before having a meltdown and not going back. I'm still suprised they gave me that job 😂 x

Reactions: 3
Designer, 28 and 38k.
Im nosy so it’s interesting seeing the salaries compared to role.

Reactions: 3
I work part time for the NHS as a band 5 (SAHM the rest of the time) and take home £1150 after my pension contribution has gone out. I'm 33 and live in the South West.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.