How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marketing executive/manager (executive job title but management responsibilities).

On 28k now going up to 30k after finishing probabtion in 1 month.

Oh and I’m 22

Reactions: 1
Marketing executive/manager (executive job title but management responsibilities).

On 28k now going up to 30k after finishing probabtion in 1 month.

Oh and I’m 22
How did you get into that role at your age if you don't mind me asking? Huge achievement!

How did you get into that role at your age if you don't mind me asking? Huge achievement!
Thank you

I did A-levels completely unrelated to marketing but science etc (in the Netherlands)

Moved to the UK at 18 to be with my bf

Then started a really easy level 2 business admin apprenticeship with a few marketing elements. And had 2 jobs since then in Marketing

I’ve also completed a level 4 CIM qualification while working.

It’s a combination of working hard and continuous self development outside of work. Plus changing jobs if you can’t progress further.

Reactions: 4
24500 plus a bonus yearly of around £2k. I’m 24 and work as life insurance underwriter in Wales. Have a useless Business Management degree. More senior colleagues of mine earn upwards of 40k so I know I won’t be leaving this any time soon 😂

Really interesting thread. I’d be interested to hear from the SAHM on their partners salaries? I’d love to be a SAHM but don’t think it’s affordable?

I'm intrigued too about partner's salaries. I'm a sahm to 3. Youngest 15m.
My husband is a teacher so brings home £1888 a month after contributions/pension etc We get £240ish tax credits a month and £200ish child benefit.

We get by...but barely! Mortgage/car/bills go out straight away after pay day so we just do our best to get through the month.
i have a degree but not much work experience and I want to be home for now. My husband supports this. 🥴

I work 20 hrs a week as NHS admin earn about £950 a month after tax depending on unsocial hours. I do not miss full time work and if my husband keeps earning the amount he does or more I have no intention of going full time once my child is ojd enough

My husband is a teacher so brings home £1888 a month after contributions/pension etc We get £240ish tax credits a month and £200ish child benefit.

We get by...but barely! Mortgage/car/bills go out straight away after pay day so we just do our best to get through the month.
i have a degree but not much work experience and I want to be home for now. My husband supports this. 🥴
Hubby works in a management position for a national retailer in their head office earns £56k p.a before tax

Husband earns about 60k and I earn 16k part time NHS 27 hours a week

I gave up proper teaching when I had my kids, and now do substitute teaching as and when it comes to fit around them. I earn £166 per day of sub teaching, and SAHM salary of tantrums and snot the other days.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm 34 and originally from the UK but have been in the Middle East for 10 years. I work in Strategic Communications and bring home just over GBP 10k a month, plus I get about 80% of my son's school fees covered, and a return flight (Economy) to the UK each year.

Edited to add that the cost of living here is really high, so it doesn't go as far as you might think! My food shopping bill for this month (3 adults, 2 kids and a cat) was over GBP 1k.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’m in e-learning/learning technology based in London and earn 43k. There is more money to be had in the sector but I work for a charity. Hoping I can get some really good experience here and get more money in a few years

Really interesting thread. I’d be interested to hear from the SAHM on their partners salaries? I’d love to be a SAHM but don’t think it’s affordable?
My partner is around 26k, we are topped up by UC. Its doable but we don't have much spare at the moment, I like to save any spare for my son (clothes birthdays etc) 😊

This is so interesting to read - My average monthly pay is about £1,800, give or take a couple hundred depending on what shifts I’ve done (band 6 in NHS). Slightly worried I will have to support both me and my partner after this lockdown, as his job is uncertain. I know I can technically afford it but paying £1,000+ a month on rent/bills/council tax is scary. Hopefully it won’t come to that!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.