How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 33 live in Scotland and top band 6 nurse in mental health, I work 32 hours a week and take home just over £1800 a month. Loved reading about the SAHM and how supportive their partners are, my husband earns £450 a day and I wouldn't see a penny of that. He's all for earning my own money, causes many many arguments in the household.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I‘ve been watching a BBC series on Universal Credit, I pity anyone who who has to navigate that system.

I’m an executive assistant, I work from home and earn £30 per hour.
Sorry when I say benefits I am talking about benefits bring provided by a company. I don’t know anything about Universal Credit or the old Social Benefits

Reactions: 1
I'm 33 live in Scotland and top band 6 nurse in mental health, I work 32 hours a week and take home just over £1800 a month. Loved reading about the SAHM and how supportive their partners are, my husband earns £450 a day and I wouldn't see a penny of that. He's all for earning my own money, causes many many arguments in the household.
Wow how do you live with someone like that?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Wow how do you live with someone like that?
It's bloody hard! There are many arguments and fights but least I know I would be financially stable without him cause I don't get a penny help. We obs half bills etc but other than that I see nothing x

• Sad
  • Wow
It's bloody hard! There are many arguments and fights but least I know I would be financially stable without him cause I don't get a penny help. We obs half bills etc but other than that I see nothing x
I’m curious about your situation having read your posts.. what does your husband do with his money? Does he invest it? That’s such a lot if he’s spending it. Do you have children? Who pays for holidays etc, do you split it evenly? Sorry for being nosy I just find it so interesting how different people live!

Reactions: 3
I’m 29, live in Tyne & Wear and earn £34k as a buyer for a construction firm.

Reactions: 4
This thread is so interesting! I recently started my first job after uni in comms for an NGO and earn £20k.

I would love info about negotiating payrises, possibly as another thread as might be too off topic. I find it tricky to know what to ask for/expect. Especially as I don't know what other people in my organisation earn.

I’m curious about your situation having read your posts.. what does your husband do with his money? Does he invest it? That’s such a lot if he’s spending it. Do you have children? Who pays for holidays etc, do you split it evenly? Sorry for being nosy I just find it so interesting how different people live!
He's doesn't spend it, it's all in a business account so not a disposable income as such if that makes sence. We have one child who's 5. He pays for holdidays but I still take a big amount of spending money and pay for most things when away. We do go big holidays such as dubai etc which I know we are fortunate to do but I paid for me and daughter to go Disney land Paris and he didn't pay a penny. He doesn't contribute to her needing new clothes or shoes etc

• Wow
  • Sad
He's doesn't spend it, it's all in a business account so not a disposable income as such if that makes sence. We have one child who's 5. He pays for holdidays but I still take a big amount of spending money and pay for most things when away. We do go big holidays such as dubai etc which I know we are fortunate to do but I paid for me and daughter to go Disney land Paris and he didn't pay a penny. He doesn't contribute to her needing new clothes or shoes etc
So does he pay himself a wage from the business?

It's eye opening to see how others do things. I grew up in a family home where only my dad worked so he paid for everything. My mum didn't need to ask for money or anything they just bought what was needed etc and if she needed anything it was bought. We weren't well off but got by. My daughter is from a previous relationship and my husband contributed to everything for her before we were married. I'm a top band 5 and work 34.5 hours a week, my husband is halfway through his band 6 but I make more than him due to unsocial hours. Some months he is able to pay more than half the bills and some months I am. Holiday wise we pay it all together, spending money is the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why does nobody ever want to say how much they earn, even on anonymous forums 😂
So let’s do it... what’s your job, how much do you earn annually?

I’ll start.
I work in adult entertainment, on webcams. I haven’t been doing it a full year but I earn on average £2,000 a month
Wish I could do this !

I work in customs and earn 22k

£17k, 35hrs a week in the N/West working for a high street bank. Admin style role working through Power of Attorney and Third Party, security checks etc. On a team of about 10, all do the same job, I’m the lowest paid

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
£17k, 35hrs a week in the N/West working for a high street bank. Admin style role working through Power of Attorney and Third Party, security checks etc. On a team of about 10, all do the same job, I’m the lowest paid
I had to double check that was above minimum wage!! Could you not argue a higher wage if peers are being paid more??

Reactions: 2
This thread is so interesting! I recently started my first job after uni in comms for an NGO and earn £20k.

I would love info about negotiating payrises, possibly as another thread as might be too off topic. I find it tricky to know what to ask for/expect. Especially as I don't know what other people in my organisation earn.
Best thing to do with regards to understanding what you should be paid is keep an eye on what other similar jobs in your field are being paid in your area. And what the next step up is paid.
You should be getting regular appraisals in your job to help you work towards career progression (if that's what you want) and mention in this what you do & don't know and a good manager should be able to help you.

Some of my colleagues have also had a mentor either in the same company but different department, or a different company so that could be something to look into

Sorry if that's too off topic mods!

Reactions: 2
I sexon
Best thing to do with regards to understanding what you should be paid is keep an eye on what other similar jobs in your field are being paid in your area. And what the next step up is paid.
You should be getting regular appraisals in your job to help you work towards career progression (if that's what you want) and mention in this what you do & don't know and a good manager should be able to help you.

Some of my colleagues have also had a mentor either in the same company but different department, or a different company so that could be something to look into

Sorry if that's too off topic mods!
i second this, look on reed/totaljobs etc to see what similar roles in the area are being paid. In my old job they were never forward with pay rises, we had to put forward a case to why we deserved one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.