How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I changed to private last year. Still band 5 role with a few extra responsibilities- £34500.
I’m also starting some agency work 8-6 £525 a day before tax!!
That's amazing, just wondering which speciality you work in if you don't mind me asking?

I'm on c.£80k a year when I include my company car allowance and annual bonus.
I work as an accountant.
I did study hard to achieve this.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I earn £31,350 as a conveyancing paralegal. I'm 34 and hoping to get a bumper pay rise when I finally qualify as a solicitor.

Reactions: 2
£12 ph for 15 hours per week, we have 2 young kids in school which is why I work part time, my husband earns £115K a year, I get a lot of comments from family and friends along the lines of “why do you work if you don’t have to technically?” (They don’t know my husbands earnings but guess from knowing his job) the answer is always because I want to, I like knowing I’ve earned my own money

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Call centre worker for a mobile provider 37.5 hrs a week after tax I earn around £1250 a month,currently on sick so only getting ssp

• Heart
Just taken a senior safety job 48k plus up to 20% bonus 37hrs a week.. 10k more than I’m on now.

£25,800 p/a 30 hours a week (over 3.5 days, part time due to kids) mortgage advisor for a building society

Not targeted or commission driven, if I do 3 applications a day or none in a day I still get the same which I like

Only downside is I can’t WFH. Really annoying that nearly every company in the world can now do their job remotely except us

Makes me want to look for something else, but know I have it cushty really!

Reactions: 1
£25,800 p/a 30 hours a week (over 3.5 days, part time due to kids) mortgage advisor for a building society

Not targeted or commission driven, if I do 3 applications a day or none in a day I still get the same which I like

Only downside is I can’t WFH. Really annoying that nearly every company in the world can now do their job remotely except us

Makes me want to look for something else, but know I have it cushty really!
How did you train to be a mortgage advisor? Is it something I could retrain whilst working another job? Sorry was thinking of looking into it possible. I was told my mortgage advisor was part time and her main job teaching so thought it may be possible. Is it very maths based?

How did you train to be a mortgage advisor? Is it something I could retrain whilst working another job? Sorry was thinking of looking into it possible. I was told my mortgage advisor was part time and her main job teaching so thought it may be possible. Is it very maths based?
You'd need to take an exam to be able to give advice - CeMap . There's a lot of study & it's quite intensive but you can do this alongside anything else.
Some employers pay for this but you can just do it yourself

As previous posted said you do 3 exams called CeMap, you have 3 large text books to study then do the exam after each book. I did this along side working full time in customer service at the time so easily able to do. The exams actually have nothing to do with the job! Its more about regulation and policies etc, I am not academic at all so if I can pass the exams anyone can 😂

Its not majorly maths based as you have the tailored mortgage calculators to do the job for you in a sense but it is good to know how to do some manual calculations for costings etc.

I think there is a lot of money to be made with mortgage advice if self employed or work on commission based but I like the set wage side of it tbh and my job isn’t targeted or particularly challenging!

Reactions: 3
As previous posted said you do 3 exams called CeMap, you have 3 large text books to study then do the exam after each book. I did this along side working full time in customer service at the time so easily able to do. The exams actually have nothing to do with the job! Its more about regulation and policies etc, I am not academic at all so if I can pass the exams anyone can 😂

Its not majorly maths based as you have the tailored mortgage calculators to do the job for you in a sense but it is good to know how to do some manual calculations for costings etc.

I think there is a lot of money to be made with mortgage advice if self employed or work on commission based but I like the set wage side of it tbh and my job isn’t targeted or particularly challenging!
You'd need to take an exam to be able to give advice - CeMap . There's a lot of study & it's quite intensive but you can do this alongside anything else.
Some employers pay for this but you can just do it yourself
Thank you two I’ll have a look into it further. I’ve seen a few jobs that are set pay rather than commission so thought it may be a good choice. I’m the same as you would rather the set pay than risk commision base

Thank you two I’ll have a look into it further. I’ve seen a few jobs that are set pay rather than commission so thought it may be a good choice. I’m the same as you would rather the set pay than risk commision base
I think the books & exams are about a grand all in (depending if you pass the exams first time)

Some employers take you on as customer service qualifying for mortgages (just seeing if customer is eligible and the desired amount is affordable) and pay for you to do cemap along side this. Definitely worth looking into if you’re interested x

I think the books & exams are about a grand all in (depending if you pass the exams first time)

Some employers take you on as customer service qualifying for mortgages (just seeing if customer is eligible and the desired amount is affordable) and pay for you to do cemap along side this. Definitely worth looking into if you’re interested x
My time job now I do a week nights then I’m off for a week so I think I could study in my week off enough I hope. Thank you it seems cheaper than other options o was looking at. Just need to save up a little and probably look more towards the end of the year

55k plus bonus. I work for a Pharma company. I could earn more by actually trying but my job is a piece of piss that takes me a couple of hours a day and that suits me for now.

Any nurses looking for a change - would suggest looking at research nursing, then it's a fairly easy jump to industry.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’m a secondary teacher, business and economics. I make £41k from that. I also exam mark and have made around £3k after tax from that this year as well.

55k plus bonus. I work for a Pharma company. I could earn more by actually trying but my job is a piece of piss that takes me a couple of hours a day and that suits me for now.

Any nurses looking for a change - would suggest looking at research nursing, then it's a fairly easy jump to industry.

I’m a theatre practitioner (hcpc registered) with a biomed degree but can’t seem to find the right position that lets me! Desperate to get out of healthcare

Tell. Me. More.

I love ICU but more £ is good. I did some very brief time in the covid research hub, but had to do loads of training for it. Will my one stop NIHR training translate. 🤣

Very fortunate to have just got a payrise and bonus. With company car allowance, now on £84k. I'm an accountant.

• Wow
Reactions: 6