How long did it take you to conceive?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
3 months, miscarried then fell pregnant 4 months later. I have shorter than average cycles, which is a bonus when it comes to this. Not ideal when not trying to conceive!

I understand it didnt take me that long but it felt a lifetime & I had stopped expecting a positive by the time I fell pregnant.
Good luck to everyone trying, I know it can be a stressful time ❤

Reactions: 1
Update from me.... a positive pregnancy test!!

It still doesn't feel real and I feel like I need to take a million tests for it to sink in :eek:

Sending the biggest wishes to anyone else who is trying ❤
Amazing news, congrats!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Update from me.... a positive pregnancy test!!

It still doesn't feel real and I feel like I need to take a million tests for it to sink in :eek:

Sending the biggest wishes to anyone else who is trying ❤
Congratulations! I’m 6 weeks now and it still hasn’t sunk in. Such a huge thing to get your head around!

• Heart
I am nearing the end of cycle 10, came off the pill after 10+years at the start of the year. Trying for my first and no sign yet. I've been lucky that my periods came back straight away, always regular. Dh has dc already and all our family conceived quickly so I feel a bit rubbish about it, but hoping it'll happen soon.

• Heart
We’re starting trying from this week! I’m such an anxious person so I’m going to struggle not to worry about everything but fingers crossed. I’m trying to tell myself that what’s meant to happen will happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We’re starting trying from this week! I’m such an anxious person so I’m going to struggle not to worry about everything but fingers crossed. I’m trying to tell myself that what’s meant to happen will happen.
I’m in the same boat! Fingers crossed for you ❤

• Heart
I felt exactly the same as you. It's so weird not knowing if/when it will happen. I was anxious about it not happening, but now it's happened I feel like I can't be excited because something is going to go wrong! Bloody brain 😞

I came off the pill in September and ideally would have loved to fall pregnant early next year. But we’ve started trying from now because after reading this thread I’ve realised how naive I was to think I could just try in a certain month and probably get pregnant!

I’m now thinking it’s better to just try and if it happens it happens, rather than waiting until next year and being disappointed if it doesn’t happen as soon as I want it to.

It’s all very stressful though. Not sure if anyone else feels/felt the same but I’ve never really known much about conceiving, was on the pill for years without really thinking about it and all of a sudden it’s off the pill, tracking periods and ovulation and worrying about it!

Reactions: 4
I got pregnant on the third month, I may have got pregnant earlier if I had realised I was using my ovulation strips wrong. I assumed they were the same as preggo ones where a line is a line so as soon as the line showed I was like right let’s do it! But actually you’re fertile when the line is darker than the control line.

Good luck!!

1st about 3months- ended in mc at 3months
3nd took a 6 month break then took about 3 months again ended in mc at 9wks
3rd took another break got pregnant quickly.
4th pregnant when baby was 12wks old ish there is just over 12months between 1 and 2
5th got pregnant on the coil so no trying 🤣

exactly the same here, not even a late period one cycle!
SO GLAD to find someone in the same position as me. I was saying to my partner how it’s a bit tit that we’ve never had had one time that my periods been late and I’ve managed to get a bit excited over it!!! Every month 2 days before I’m due I get spotty and moody and I’m like ‘yep it’s coming’

Had myself prepared for it to take up to a year..actually came off my pill in Feb even though we didn’t plan to actively try until May...fell pregnant in March 😂

planning to try for baby number 2 next year so will see if we are as lucky!

9 months, in that time I've had 2 miscarriages. Just got my first really strong positive yesterday but I'm only 4 weeks so praying for a sticky one 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 10
10 years, 18 months with NAPRO, 2 rounds of IVF and not even a whiff of anything. During IVF our embroyos didn’t even develop past day 3 to be implanted so can’t even say I was technically pregnant for the “2 week wait”. We have given up now as we’re both 41 and literally cannot take any more heartache. I’ll never not want our own children and every announcement is like taking a bullet but that’s life. Here’s hoping all of you graduate to mothers. The waiting is torture but the pay off will be so worth it I’ve no doubt.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My partner and I have been trying for over a year, but still nothing.
Thought I was pregnant several times in the beginning as my period was starting later and later after a couple of months. After a while I'd have two months between periods.
Got diagnosed with PCOS in august. Started with clomid, which worked really well (first time multiple eggs ready to jump, so skipped that cycle). Last month only one egg jumped, but got my period nonetheless. Now on my second cycle. Have to go to the gynaecologist this friday to see if there's another egg ready. Also will get the results back from my partner (we had him examined as well).
I'm really hoping it'll work out some day soon as it has been very depressing so far. But I'm trying to stay positive.

Congrats to everyone who found out their pregnant and hang in there for everyone who's trying. Our time will come!

• Heart
Hey everyone need some help my cycles are really long I have PCOS and don’t take contraception my period isn’t due for another 10 days or so my tracker claims but today I have like little cramps and pink bleeding then it just stopped. (I apologise for the description) can’t get a doctors appointment my sister in laws says it could be implantation but I don’t think that’s true any ideas? X