How long did it take you to conceive?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Took us 3-4 months - I had no clue about my cycle as had been on the pill for almost 10 years. I had a 35-38 day cycle so using ovulation prediction kits were key- the first month we used them and also followed the Sperm Meets Egg Plan that we had success. Good luck!

I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant with our first baby, I got pregnant first cycle but was so shocked! Fully expected it would take a while so I know how lucky we are it happened so quickly xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Took 18 months of trying for us... we agreed never to put any pressure on having sex. I did use ovulation sticks some months but that was just to check my cycle as it was a little irregular. My husband never had a clue when I was ovulating and we were happy with that.
Sometimes we’d have it loads and others we wouldn’t bother much at all... the month I finally conceived I think we only had sex once 😂 we had been referred to fertility in March but everything got pushed back due to rona, then turns out we didn’t need it in the end!
good luck with your journey, try to still enjoy your relationship and don’t make everything about baby making! I know it’s hard but it really helped us. 💕

Reactions: 2
We dont seem to have an issue conceiving. I have had 9 miscarriages and I am now pregnant with baby number 10. We had devastating news last week that I will deliver the baby in the next week or two and it will pass away straight away as it is so poorly. Not sure where we go from here and I feel that this coupled with my mum dieing suddenly last year has left not wanting to go through this ever again. Does anyone know of anyone that has been through similair and gone on to have a healthy baby ?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
We dont seem to have an issue conceiving. I have had 9 miscarriages and I am now pregnant with baby number 10. We had devastating news last week that I will deliver the baby in the next week or two and it will pass away straight away as it is so poorly. Not sure where we go from here and I feel that this coupled with my mum dieing suddenly last year has left not wanting to go through this ever again. Does anyone know of anyone that has been through similair and gone on to have a healthy baby ?
No advice I’m afraid, but didn’t want to read and run - I’m so sorry Melmoo, I hope there’s plenty of support for you and your OH. ❤

Reactions: 3
😣 I’m so sorry that you’re going through this, I know a few people who have suffered many losses so they went down the ivf route just so the pregnancy could be “medically managed”
Sending you love 💕

Reactions: 1
No advice I’m afraid, but didn’t want to read and run - I’m so sorry Melmoo, I hope there’s plenty of support for you and your OH. ❤
Thank you . I have lots of friends (am only cghile) but unfortunately with cvd havent seen them much. My husband is a typical man and is very insular his circle is small and he is originally from down south so they are all down there and we are up north . He has 5 brothers and sisters they are all in london too. I do worry he has no one to open too and he always says he must be strong for me but I know he is hurting xx

😣 I’m so sorry that you’re going through this, I know a few people who have suffered many losses so they went down the ivf route just so the pregnancy could be “medically managed”
Sending you love 💕
Thank you x I just feel like I need to get the next couple of weeks over and then I need a break from it all. The last five years of our lives have been consumed with excitement and happiness then overwhelming grief. It's a cycle I need to get off for a while and find some peace xx I feel a lot of things, overwhelming sadness and failure that I have not been able to save and support my baby and now she will not have anyone and go straight to sleep. Then I'm angry then I crying etc. My midwife was crying last week as well and told me some of her clients shouldnt be able to keep a dog let alone a baby and here is me with so much love to give and I cant have one so we both had a massive cry together . She said she felt awful because it was unprofessional but it did mean a lot to me because she thinks that I am a worthy mother even if I cant be one x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
We have a family friend that had 8 with two healthy children, another 9 with 3 children. However, they weren't consecutive, the babies came in between. Another had 7 before a baby. The first lady was due to the placenta not attaching correctly each time but the others, I'm not sure if there was a reason. The second lady would get gestational diabetes, I don't know if that contributed.
There are a number of pregnancy apps I use where women are discussing their rainbow babies after 12+ miscarriages. 'Glow' springs to mind.

My heart breaks for you. Life is so bleeping unfair and that 'we only get dealt what we can handle' bullshit can do one. We handle it because we have no other choice. I'm sure there are support groups out there, discussion forums, Tommy's charity and so forth. Even grief and loss groups not pregnancy orientated. You know what's right for you but there are services that can offer support.
Sending you lots of love xx

I hope this happens to me as I’m in a similar situation.
so happy for you xxxx
Thank you, fingers crossed for you x

• Heart
Also sending @Melmoo lots of love. I am so very sorry to hear what you have been through, and the difficult weeks and months that lie ahead.

I came off the pill after 10+ years in August 2018 and didn’t get a period until January 2019. After tests etc I was diagnosed with PCOS and my periods were really irregular. I started taking BBT to determine when I had ovulated to prepare for my period. Because of this we couldn’t really ‘try’ as such and just carried on having sex how we would and was pregnant in 9 months.

Came off the pill the end of June, still waiting for my positive. Interesting how everyone is different! I’ve definitely learnt a lot about my body and fertility in these months.

I've been very lucky.

Baby 1: 2 months trying, I caught on my third cycle - on my birthday, her birthday is exactly 9 months after mine 😂)
Baby 2: first night out after baby 1, we got very drunk and I woke up pregnant
Baby 3: I was 8 years older and we decided to start trying in case it took a while. My husband was all excited at the prospect of lots of sex. However I got pregnant straight away. Sadly for my husband early pregnancy makes me puke horrendously (hyperemisis) and I don't want to have sex until its time to get baby out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m so sorry to hear my prayers are with you. If you have the money to spend. See Doctor Shahata.

I was extremely lucky and was pregnant both times the first month we were trying. I don’t use hormonal contraception, I never have as I honestly think that plays such a part in messing with women’s infertility.
My SIL caught on first month with her first, and then took 4 months with her second.
My other SIL got caught on the pill with her first, was trying for 6 months for her second and 2 years with her 3rd.
My best friend from school was pregnant by surprise twice when we were 19-20. She’s now married, the girls are 6 & 7 and she’s been trying for 5 years with no luck at all.
Hope everything goes well for you. I honestly couldn’t imagine how hard it is when things don’t go as you hope. It was all I could think about from the moment we decided we were going to try to catching on. I felt like I physically could not think of anything else.

I have cared for many women who have had a huge amount of heartbreak and then gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. I hope this happens for you soon. All my love

• Heart
Ultimately it took us almost 2 years to have a successful pregnancy. Unfortunately I had multiple miscarriages during that time. I really hope you won't got through anything like that and will have a happy, healthy and successful pregnancy journey x

• Heart
With my first it was almost 3 years of trying. I did see a GP in this time who was extremely rude about my weight. I was at the highest healthy weight for my size and he said if I lost some weight it might help. It put me off seeking help from any one else. I had a fairly healthy pregnancy once we did conceive.

I then got diagnosed with 2 auto immune diseases and once beginning treatment we conceived first time with our second!

Best of luck on your journey ❤

Been trying for about a year, I won’t qualify for IVF because of my BMI so letting nature take its course while trying to lose a bit of weight too. I know people who have conceived first month of trying and others who have suffered so much heartache.