How long did it take you to conceive?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone need some help my cycles are really long I have PCOS and don’t take contraception my period isn’t due for another 10 days or so my tracker claims but today I have like little cramps and pink bleeding then it just stopped. (I apologise for the description) can’t get a doctors appointment my sister in laws says it could be implantation but I don’t think that’s true any ideas? X
It could be implantation but it could just as well be breakthrough. Can you work out when you would have ovulated to see if it’s even possible to have conceived? I think unfortunately it’s just a waiting game. Either for your period or for the hormone levels to rise enough for a positive test.

Reactions: 3
It could be implantation but it could just as well be breakthrough. Can you work out when you would have ovulated to see if it’s even possible to have conceived? I think unfortunately it’s just a waiting game. Either for your period or for the hormone levels to rise enough for a positive test.
It is possible but my periods are so all over the shop I really don’t look that much anymore because it was making me behave like a lunatic! Thanks for the reply I highly doubt I’m pregnant as I never am but I was just worried because it’s never happened to me before. The waiting game Starts today xx

It is possible but my periods are so all over the shop I really don’t look that much anymore because it was making me behave like a lunatic! Thanks for the reply I highly doubt I’m pregnant as I never am but I was just worried because it’s never happened to me before. The waiting game Starts today xx
If you are actively trying (which it sounds like you may be) you should look in to tracking your ovulation using basal body temperature and ovulation predictor kits. Opk will tell you when you are about to ovulate, and BBT will tell you when/if you have.

Reactions: 1
1st was a surprise- ended at 20 weeks
2nd and 3rd were conceived first month with only one “go” but both ended in early miscarriage
4th and 5th were also conceived first months trying with one “go” each time too. They are my beautiful sons.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
1st one - first try
2nd one - after fertility treatment and giving up, it took us a total of 4 yrs.

Due to that my boys are 6 years apart and I have honestly been asked if they have the same dad :mad:

• Wow
1st one - first try
2nd one - after fertility treatment and giving up, it took us a total of 4 yrs.

Due to that my boys are 6 years apart and I have honestly been asked if they have the same dad :mad:
People are pricks :/ Why would you ask that? Wth...
My brother an I are 5 years apart (both conceived after 1st month trying, so on purpose 5 years apart), but my parents never had such questions.

Reactions: 2
We went through 2 rounds of IVF; 2 fresh transfers before it took 4.5years to get pregnant once, we found out the cycle I was due to have a frozen transfer but then had a miscarriage at 6.5weeks. Had frozen transfer since and no luck..

We've now been trying just over 7.5years total and haven't had a second pregnancy since :(

Scared to consider ivf again as it's so much money to not get pregnant !!!

• Heart
With my soon to be 6 year old I was on the implant so wasn’t trying.
We recently started trying this year. I came off the pill in April.
Conceived in June. “Chemical” loss at 4 weeks 2 days.
Found out pregnant again in august with another loss at 5.5weeks.
Then found out in September we were pregnant again. Got to 9 weeks. Had a bleed and found out I had what’s known as a “blighted ovum”. There was a sack but no baby. Possible baby before that was absorbed but we’ll never know. Miscarried last weekend.
My dates may be a bit off as I’m remembering off the top of my head. But they were pretty much straight after each other.
We’re not giving up. Giving myself a cycle to get my body back to normal and we’ll try again. My body practically aches for a baby to be in my womb now 😭

• Heart
Got married in April 2019 and our baby was born January 2020 🙊 I also read the on average it takes a year statistic so was not expecting it to happen that quick but appreciate how lucky we were. I would love to start trying for no 2 but can’t due to childcare costs but that’s a whole other thread.

Have people used ovulation stick test things? And can someone recommend which ones? I have the Flo app and log my period so it predicts your ovulation day but I’d like to know if it’s right.

Have people used ovulation stick test things? And can someone recommend which ones? I have the Flo app and log my period so it predicts your ovulation day but I’d like to know if it’s right.
I used Flo to track my cycle and that was it. It’s impossible for an app to predict when your period/ovulation is due with only a tiny bit of information! I used the clearblue ovulation sticks, expensive but good to see where you are in your cycle
1605480874545.png

I used cheap ‘one-step’ ones from Amazon in the past. I tested from a few days before I expected to ovulate from using the monthly cycles app and they seemed to react when I did so while I didn’t get pregnant while using them, I believe they worked to tell me when I was ovulating.

So i used to just use Flo, but decided to add in OPK and use the sperm meets egg plan (Google it) on cycle 5 of trying which happens to be the month I got pregnant. I just bought cheap amazon OPKs. There's one brand called Easy at Home where you can take a photo of the peed-on strip and upload to an app and it tells you approx how much LH is being released, which tells you if you are ovulating.

Turns out I was ovulating 2 days later than Flo predicted so it's defo worth using the OPK on top of the app.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So after trying for 18 months, this just happened!! It’s going to be a long day of work waiting for my boyfriend to get home 🙈 honestly thought it would never happen!
7AFFBA87-335C-4587-A364-2EA96BBDD2CA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
One of my children took 6 years to conceive. Another it took 6 days exactly.

• Wow
1st was an accident, ill on the pill and it didn't work, so that was baby number 1.
2nd took about 3 months of trying.
3rd took 5 months of trying. Interestingly all 3 of mine are January and February babies, I have read you can have a more fertile month which seemed to be the case for me.

First was unplanned- she’s now 4.5
Have then had 6 early miscarriages, it started really getting me down and then when lockdown happened time at home seemed to do the trick! Now 29 weeks with my much wanted 2nd!
I started BBT and charting on Fertility Friend- it’s a lot more accurate than Flo which tracks based on you have a ‘normal’ length phase pre and post ovulation. It’s a lot of work to temp every morning but it really helped!
Good luck to all xx

• Heart
First was unplanned- she’s now 4.5
Have then had 6 early miscarriages, it started really getting me down and then when lockdown happened time at home seemed to do the trick! Now 29 weeks with my much wanted 2nd!
I started BBT and charting on Fertility Friend- it’s a lot more accurate than Flo which tracks based on you have a ‘normal’ length phase pre and post ovulation. It’s a lot of work to temp every morning but it really helped!
Good luck to all xx
Congratulations!
I’m using Ovia at the moment but might give fertility friend a try too - wary of how accurate (or not) they may be and don’t want to miss my chances!