Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Melmoo

Chatty Member
We dont seem to have an issue conceiving. I have had 9 miscarriages and I am now pregnant with baby number 10. We had devastating news last week that I will deliver the baby in the next week or two and it will pass away straight away as it is so poorly. Not sure where we go from here and I feel that this coupled with my mum dieing suddenly last year has left not wanting to go through this ever again. Does anyone know of anyone that has been through similair and gone on to have a healthy baby ?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Carmen 6

VIP Member
We started trying two years into our marriage, and nothing happened for 6 years.
Every test under the sun, and completely unexplained.
We gave up, and started looking seriously at adoption.
Miracles seem to happen, and we have twin girls due in February. Never, never give up. Huge love to all trying. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 20

CrimeJunkie

Update from me.... a positive pregnancy test!!

It still doesn't feel real and I feel like I need to take a million tests for it to sink in :eek:

Sending the biggest wishes to anyone else who is trying ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Pip30

So after trying for 18 months, this just happened!! It’s going to be a long day of work waiting for my boyfriend to get home 🙈 honestly thought it would never happen!
7AFFBA87-335C-4587-A364-2EA96BBDD2CA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Almost 3yrs, sadly we had 3 miscarriages but decided to take a step away as it became all consuming and stressful. We booked a holiday and fell pregnant and we have a wonderful little girl. Unfortunately, my husband has been battling cancer so conceiving 'naturally' now isn't an option but I am just incredibly thankful and count my blessings for our healthy, happy little girl.

Life can certainly test you at times but never give up. I was pretty naive and thought we'd try for a baby and it would just happen, I'd no idea of the stress and heartbreak we'd have to go through first but now seeing my dear friend going through her 3rd IVF and I actually consider myself quite fortunate now.
My very best wishes to all trying

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Heartbeats

I found out last night that I’m pregnant. This is the first time, I’d been on the pill for 10+ years and came off at the very end of August. I was convinced it would take us a few months at least as we are both the wrong side of 30 and overweight. Sounds crazy to say I’m shocked (it’s basic biology!) but I really didn’t expect it to happen so soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Chuck1978

10 years, 18 months with NAPRO, 2 rounds of IVF and not even a whiff of anything. During IVF our embroyos didn’t even develop past day 3 to be implanted so can’t even say I was technically pregnant for the “2 week wait”. We have given up now as we’re both 41 and literally cannot take any more heartache. I’ll never not want our own children and every announcement is like taking a bullet but that’s life. Here’s hoping all of you graduate to mothers. The waiting is torture but the pay off will be so worth it I’ve no doubt.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
9 months, in that time I've had 2 miscarriages. Just got my first really strong positive yesterday but I'm only 4 weeks so praying for a sticky one 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 10

MrsJones83

VIP Member
I had a failed round of IVF after trying for 5yrs. A month later I fell pregnant naturally. She’s now 6. I then decided not to go on any contraception, and if we fell pregnant again then amazing, but had in my mind that she might be my only one. We have sex maybe once or twice a week, occasionally more often. I have PCOS, so my cycles are very, very random.

In that time I’ve had another 4 pregnancies, I miscarried my second, but now have two toddlers, and my 4th and final baby is cooking away nicely.

I feel immensely grateful that I have these babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Melmoo

Chatty Member
No advice I’m afraid, but didn’t want to read and run - I’m so sorry Melmoo, I hope there’s plenty of support for you and your OH. ❤
Thank you . I have lots of friends (am only cghile) but unfortunately with cvd havent seen them much. My husband is a typical man and is very insular his circle is small and he is originally from down south so they are all down there and we are up north . He has 5 brothers and sisters they are all in london too. I do worry he has no one to open too and he always says he must be strong for me but I know he is hurting xx

😣 I’m so sorry that you’re going through this, I know a few people who have suffered many losses so they went down the ivf route just so the pregnancy could be “medically managed”
Sending you love 💕
Thank you x I just feel like I need to get the next couple of weeks over and then I need a break from it all. The last five years of our lives have been consumed with excitement and happiness then overwhelming grief. It's a cycle I need to get off for a while and find some peace xx I feel a lot of things, overwhelming sadness and failure that I have not been able to save and support my baby and now she will not have anyone and go straight to sleep. Then I'm angry then I crying etc. My midwife was crying last week as well and told me some of her clients shouldnt be able to keep a dog let alone a baby and here is me with so much love to give and I cant have one so we both had a massive cry together . She said she felt awful because it was unprofessional but it did mean a lot to me because she thinks that I am a worthy mother even if I cant be one x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Kitt

VIP Member
We’re starting trying from this week! I’m such an anxious person so I’m going to struggle not to worry about everything but fingers crossed. I’m trying to tell myself that what’s meant to happen will happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I've been very lucky.

Baby 1: 2 months trying, I caught on my third cycle - on my birthday, her birthday is exactly 9 months after mine 😂)
Baby 2: first night out after baby 1, we got very drunk and I woke up pregnant
Baby 3: I was 8 years older and we decided to start trying in case it took a while. My husband was all excited at the prospect of lots of sex. However I got pregnant straight away. Sadly for my husband early pregnancy makes me puke horrendously (hyperemisis) and I don't want to have sex until its time to get baby out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

hnoz

VIP Member
We are on our 10th month. Came off the pill early December so counting from about January.

We weren't super serious about it initially, we aren't absolutely dyyyying for a baby right now. In a way I don't mind that it is taking a while because it is extra time to enjoy our life right now but I am glad I didn't wait until I was absolutely ready because otherwise 10+ months would be hell. I have small issues that could have an impact on ttc so I was told I could go back to my gp after 6 months of trying rather than the usual year mark but I just don't feel ready to jump into fertility treatments yet. I feel like once I go down that route I will become much more anxious and disappointed with it, whereas right now we are quietly trying while living our lives, I take sporadic tests but I don't hype it up or convince myself 'this is the month'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

ChloChlo

VIP Member
@Melmoo bless you sweetheart and I hope you have good luck on your journey.

Miscarriages are still quite taboo. I had my first miscarriage this year, in May. Like yours it was a MMC, I went to my usual routine scan at 12 weeks to be told my baby had passed at around 7-8 weeks. I was devastated. I fell pregnant funnily enough on Cerelle, it was a shock to me and my partner as our little boy was only 7 months old at the time (I also have 3 pre/teen sons too) we had literally only got our heads round it, accepted and got really excited about it. To be told crushing news within weeks. I ran out of that sonographers room in tears past all those pregnant ladies happily clutching their scan photos, ran to B and M and bought a small hardy bush to plant in my garden with a small angel figurine, I planted what I lost at home with the pessaries with it. It has grown so much and it may seem like something so small but it gave me great comfort whilst time used itself to heal. I also found reading other womens stories helped too, especially success afterwards.

Shockingly, pretty much every woman I spoke to about it, has suffered with one themselves somewhere along their journey to becoming a mum.

Apparently you are even more fertile after a miscarriage. However I have stayed off contraception and been trying since June and it hasn't happened yet, 4 cycles on. But I dont doubt it will even though I am in my mid 30s so it may take longer and I dont doubt it will happen again for you too.

❤

• Heart

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Would anyone be up for a TTC thread? For those of us struggling to conceive, and those of us just starting out??

JSquared

VIP Member
4 months after coming off of the pill but sadly ended up as ectopic and surgery to remove a Fallopian tube in August at 10-11weeks pregnant.
TTC again after a period (Dr advice) but trying to be laid back about it, if that’s even possible. Was gutted when my period arrived this month but I know it may take longer for us this time round x

We dont seem to have an issue conceiving. I have had 9 miscarriages and I am now pregnant with baby number 10. We had devastating news last week that I will deliver the baby in the next week or two and it will pass away straight away as it is so poorly. Not sure where we go from here and I feel that this coupled with my mum dieing suddenly last year has left not wanting to go through this ever again. Does anyone know of anyone that has been through similair and gone on to have a healthy baby ?
My cousin and his gf had similar experience over a 6 year period. After several miscarriages and then an ectopic pregnancy they were offered IVF, where tests discovered my cousins gf had a blood disordered. This was treated whilst having IVF, and they now have a beautiful healthy 18month little girl ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Gem2212

I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant with our first baby, I got pregnant first cycle but was so shocked! Fully expected it would take a while so I know how lucky we are it happened so quickly xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5