How long did it take for you to conceive your first baby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First try - but this was using ovulation tests. Had I not been, it maybe would have taken longer.

Reactions: 1
My first baby took roughly around 5-6 years. I knew I wanted to be a mother from a pretty young age, around 16. I wasn't careful and had a few sexual partners, but nothing happened. I had a partner for around 2 years, we even actively tried (positions, head stands, timings) and nothing. I ended up meeting someone else, he was adamant very early on that he wanted a child and I admitted to this slight problem I had, we tried right away, nothing. After 18 months, we got married, accepted it probably wasn't going to happen, so we got a puppy together instead after we got back from our honeymoon. A month later I found out I was pregnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My eldest little boy (who is 3 and a half now) it took me and my then-husband 3 years to conceive him.
My youngest (who is 5 months)… well he’s a little miracle! Not really sure how long it took to conceive him as he was a very big surprise! I was told I couldn’t have any more children and my current partner had a vasectomy 16 years ago!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
We initially started trying end of 2019/beginning of 2020. Then covid hit so we decided to stop as we were both working in Covid ICUs from March, so nothing in the 4/5ish month. We started trying again this year and we’re lucky enough on our first month of trying.

How many tries (DTD) each cycle is recommended? I’d be bang up for doing it every day during the fertile window but my partner is a bit older than me and sometimes hasn’t got the energy 🙈

My second took 6 months and my newest pregnancy only took the first try - very shocked as you never expect it to happen so quick!

I got pregnant on our 3rd cycle trying, then unfortunately miscarried at around 6 weeks. Then got pregnant again 3 weeks later, so no period in between etc. Very shocked as I was obviously not in a sexy mood at all having just had a miscarriage, and we only did it once! So I'm now currently 35 weeks and due in October 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love reading these stories 🥰 really hope I can post my own one day! 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It took us 5 months the first time, but sadly ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. Then it took us another 5 months to fall for the second time, but sadly our boy had DS and passed away at 15 weeks. Then took less than 3 months after my late miscarriage to fall again and currently nearly 18 weeks with hopefully my rainbow🤞🏼🌈♥ Lots of love to everyone trying, I hope you get your gorgeous babies sooner rather than later x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Stopped trying not to have a baby and took no notice of ovulation and peak days. We thought it’ll happen when it happens. It was about 8 months.

First was very quick. I was 18.
2nd took 5 months ended in miscarriage and then I fell pregnant almost straight away after resulted in my first little girl. 3rd took ages. I was in my thirties by then and as I’ve aged it’s taken longer. I’m done now but for some it does take a very long time. x

Almost 5 years my first child took. His dad and I actively tried for that long... and guess what? As soon as we stopped "trying" I fell pregnant.

Update: still not even a hint of a positive. I think I'll be phoning the doctor's soon as that's now a year we've been TTC :(

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Update: still not even a hint of a positive. I think I'll be phoning the doctor's soon as that's now a year we've been TTC :(
Go for it 🙏 it’s the proactive thing to do. That cycle of testing every month can be so draining ♥

• Heart
First was about 2 or 3 months, happened quickly.
Second... 12 months and counting.

First time with both of mine. With my second I was using an ovulation app and wasn't in my fertile window, but I noticed a change in my discharge and knew I was ovulating a lot earlier than the app said so went for it! I think if I had followed the app that month I wouldn't have fallen pregnant that month.

About 5 minutes with my first when I was 18! 😂My second took over a year! In the end I took my temperature every night and made an overlapping graph with different coloured pens so I knew when I was ovulating! I still have it. That was 20 years ago! We were out last night celebrating NYE together! 😭❤

Last edited:
  • Heart