How long did it take for you to conceive your first baby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just looking for some reassurance, really...
My partner (30) and I (27) have been TTC our first child since January (currently on cycle 6, tracking ovulation). I know that it can take a while for some people, but everyone I know personally (my mum, my gran, my friend) all got pregnant first time trying, and a couple of pregnant influencers I follow have been the same (The Anna Edit, Elle Darby).
I know and appreciate that it can take a while, but it's just so disheartening personally when it seems to happen so easily for others. Comparison is the thief of joy, I guess... The longer it takes, the more I start to worry something might be wrong with either my partner or myself, and I know stress doesn't exactly help...
How long did your TTC journey take?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
First time on the first baby. TTC again now and second one is proving to be much harder to conceive.

Reactions: 2
It took me 7 months to conceive, I too felt exactly the same that everyone around me seemed to conceive straight away. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to stress I’m sure it will happen soon for you.

4 months for my first, 1 month for my second and 9 months for my third. Try not to compare and stress everyone is different. Good luck

Reactions: 4
First cycle to conceive my first, ttc our second took 6 months and then I miscarried at 12 weeks, it then took another 4 months to fall pregnant which was a successful pregnancy, I was very lucky first time and naively thought it would be the same second time around. Hope it happens for you soon, good luck 😊

Reactions: 3
I used the Flo app first time round and naively trusted it again. I have a feeling I ovulated later than it said. Did this happen anyone else?

With my first pregnancy I got pregnant on the pill & miscarried. When we tried again it took about 8 months 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know it’s easy to say “don’t panic”, it’s so hard with every month that passes but try not to be too disheartened - it’s definitely normal for it to take some time ❤

Reactions: 1
Just looking for some reassurance, really...
My partner (30) and I (27) have been TTC our first child since January (currently on cycle 6, tracking ovulation). I know that it can take a while for some people, but everyone I know personally (my mum, my gran, my friend) all got pregnant first time trying, and a couple of pregnant influencers I follow have been the same (The Anna Edit, Elle Darby).
I know and appreciate that it can take a while, but it's just so disheartening personally when it seems to happen so easily for others. Comparison is the thief of joy, I guess... The longer it takes, the more I start to worry something might be wrong with either my partner or myself, and I know stress doesn't exactly help...
How long did your TTC journey take?
Were you on contraception prior to ttc?

On my first I was 21 and just came off the implanon bar, I didn't have a period in 3 years with it. Took 5 months of trying before conceiving. My second (right now I'm 24 no contraception since 2017) we tried on and off for 6 months and conceived in February. Sending baby dust and positivity to you! ✨

First baby took years, maybe 3. Found out I was pregnant the day before we were meant to start IVF. Second baby only took 3 months

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Was you on contraception previously? What type? It may still still leaving your body?

I fell pregnant when 17 whilst on the pill.
When I met my now husband and we were trying for a baby, it took about 8 months.

Good luck x

We took 18 months, had been referred to fertility clinics and in the June we got some results back that meant we may struggle to conceive without some extra help. In the July we caught naturally! All of my family caught first time too so it felt very disheartening. Stay positive 💕💕 sending baby dust x

First baby 10 years and 6 IVFs. Second baby 3 years and 3 IVFs.

I know it seems like it will never happen but it’s generally considered average to take six months to a year to conceive. Best advice I could give you is to know your cycle to maximise the best opportunity regarding timing. And try hard (ha ha ha I know this is nearly impossible) to keep a sense of perspective about it, and to keep talking talking talking to your partner. You’re in it together!

Best of luck to you xx

First baby a complete surprise. But had been off hormone contraception for at least 8 months. Tried to get pregnant the next 3 times and it took longer despite regular ovulation etc. At least 6 months to a year each time. I read somewhere to expect it will take a year and you are less likely to be disappointed. You are also very young so no need to panic just yet. Best of luck x

My first baby was a real surprise , I was actually on the pill when we conceived (however we’d just got engaged and I got sloppy about taking it!) , i am now on cycle 7 of trying for baby #2 and it is taking its toll .. sending you love , it will
Happen for you ☺

10 months. I'm 29 and my partner is 31.

Before that we had an accident and weren't trying but that wasn't to be, when we actually put focus into it, it seemed to take forever. The one month I didn't track ovulation and we said we weren't trying it happened 🙈

Currently pregnant with my first.
Took 1 year and 4 months to get there. Somewhere halfway I stopped getting my period. Turned out I had PCOS, so I had to take medication to have regular ovulation. Took 5 cycles with medication to actually fall pregnant.
It was very hard, mutliple negative pregnancy tests. But it happened eventually. Hang in there, it'll happen! ❤

• Heart
I fell pregnant with my first on the pill, we were actually discussing me coming off the pill and beginning to try and conceive so it was a real shock 😂

We're ttc our second and have been for about 2 months now, no luck yet

Good luck 🥰