How long did it take for you to conceive your first baby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
3 months, stopped pill day before I got married and he was born 3 weeks before our 1st wedding anniversary

Reactions: 1
Came off the implant after my 30th and got pregnant 6 months later. That pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage then it took another year until I got pregnant again. We had actually started fertility investigations when I got my positive.

I got pregnant with my second kid really quickly. Only two months of trying 👀

Definitely track your cycle and get to know your body. The book, Taking Control of Your Fertility, was a big help for me. Good luck x

1st baby: first month
2nd baby: 2 months
3rd baby: 3 months but had a miscarriage
4th baby: 5 months

I used an app called Glow while TTC my last 3 pregnancies. Also did ovulation tests during the last two months of trying for our 4th pregnancy as I realised I wasn’t ovulating when the app said I should be, so that really helped. Good luck to you and everyone else TTC. I hope you get your positives very soon.

I am the same! We have been trying since January and I was under a false sense that it wouldn’t be too difficult. I’m 29, husband 35. 6 has came and went and its hard not to feel disheartened. Into the bargain my husband has just got a new job with a crazy offshore rotation, meaning it’s going to be even more difficult on go day if he’s not even here! We definitely need a stroke of luck. Good luck everyone who’s trying, it’s been really reassuring reading everyone’s stories on here 🥰

Took 3 months for my first and 18 months for my second, which was quite the shock. I was diagnosed with a short luteal phase and needed extra progesterone to fall pregnant. I paid for private fertility investigations and they prescribed my medication as the GP wouldn’t.

I really disagree with people saying don’t stress and it’ll happen because it simply isn’t true, it’s impossible not to stress when it’s month after month of negative tests. It can become all consuming though so try and organise things to distract yourself from baby making. I hope you get there 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Took 3 months for my first and 18 months for my second, which was quite the shock. I was diagnosed with a short luteal phase and needed extra progesterone to fall pregnant. I paid for private fertility investigations and they prescribed my medication as the GP wouldn’t.

I really disagree with people saying don’t stress and it’ll happen because it simply isn’t true, it’s impossible not to stress when it’s month after month of negative tests. It can become all consuming though so try and organise things to distract yourself from baby making. I hope you get there 🤞
Sorry but can I ask how they figured out that your literally phase was short?

Longer than I expected. We were never actively trying though, but we didn’t use any birth control from 2015 and I didn’t get pregnant until 2019. Did make me worry a little about my fertility - but I’ve got a happy little boy now.

Sending lots of love and luck to people currently trying for a baby 🧡

4 months.
Came off the pill in December and was pregnant by April.
I used the Clue app which really helped me track my cycle and ovulation days after being on the pill for about 8-10 years.

Reactions: 2
Wow, a lot of fertile Tattlers! It took me 5 years and lots of cycles of IVF to conceive our first, then more IVFs and another 3 years for our second. I had miscarriages during our IVF cycles too, it was a difficult time. Sending you lots of luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
About a year and a half. I know what you mean- I got stressed around the 6 month mark.

I had tried the apps, ovulation sticks etc etc and went into the dark world of mumsnet forums 🙄 My cycles are quite irregular and long with no pattern so I had no idea when to time things. We had started investigations and covid had really slowed things down. I gave up on all the apps and actively trying as we went into lockdown. I then got pregnant! My partner swears it’s because it was his birthday when I conceived 😂

Reactions: 3
Sorry but can I ask how they figured out that your literally phase was short?
I used clear blue ovulation kits. I was ovulating and then my period would start 7 days later, ideally it should be 10 -14 days between ovulation and your period to be able to get pregnant. I also had some spotting for 1-2 days leading to my period. Progesterone worked really quickly for me once the problem had been discovered.

I used the Flo app first time round and naively trusted it again. I have a feeling I ovulated later than it said. Did this happen anyone else?
This is how I got pregnant a later ovulation than flo said

Thank you everyone! 💕

I was using the implant and I had it removed in January 2020 - we then used condoms until we felt ready a year later.

Sending baby dust to everyone TTC as well! X
I wouldn't sweat it those hormones can stay in your system for a long time spesh if uve been on the pill/implant for a long time. Good luck ♥

About 2 minutes 😂
I fell pregnant on the pill with my eldest and then first cycle with my second.
Wishing you lots of luck 💕
this sounds exactly like me. Religiously taking the pill, wasn’t sick or anything and got pregnant with my first. Currently pregnant with my 2nd and I must have conceived within 2 ish weeks of having my coil taken out!!

20 months for my first, had started the procedures to get some help and had our first appointment booked when I found out!
2nd was an accident (happy of course!)

A little update - I got back from my staycation today to find two letters, one offering me an appointment at an Infertility Unit at my local hospital next month, and another informing me that my smear test that I had in April has shown high risk HPV with cell changes, so I'll require a colposcopy. A bit daunting as this was my second smear test; my first came back clear so I wasn't stressing too much about it. I'm a little worried that this may impact us TTC - the name of the unit I've been referred to has put the fear in me!

I hope everyone else is getting OK, and thank you for all of your replies.

A little update - I got back from my staycation today to find two letters, one offering me an appointment at an Infertility Unit at my local hospital next month, and another informing me that my smear test that I had in April has shown high risk HPV with cell changes, so I'll require a colposcopy. A bit daunting as this was my second smear test; my first came back clear so I wasn't stressing too much about it. I'm a little worried that this may impact us TTC - the name of the unit I've been referred to has put the fear in me!

I hope everyone else is getting OK, and thank you for all of your replies.
Sorry to hear this. Please keep us posted as to how you get on. You are in my thoughts ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2