How long did it take for you to conceive your first baby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you everyone! šŸ’•

I was using the implant and I had it removed in January 2020 - we then used condoms until we felt ready a year later.

Sending baby dust to everyone TTC as well! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I came off my pill in June 2017 and fell pregnant in November 2017. We didn't track cycles or ovulation, and only had sex on weekends as my fiancƩ works away during the week, so it took just under 5 months which I was happy with.

Reactions: 1
I came off the pill in the August (not ttc - wanted to give my body a break and settle before we did). I didnā€™t get my period back so went to the GP and was diagnosed with PCOS the following February. Thatā€™s when we thought well this could take a while letā€™s just see what happens and I fell pregnant in the November so 9 months with very very irregular periods and long cycles!

Reactions: 2
Just looking for some reassurance, really...
My partner (30) and I (27) have been TTC our first child since January (currently on cycle 6, tracking ovulation). I know that it can take a while for some people, but everyone I know personally (my mum, my gran, my friend) all got pregnant first time trying, and a couple of pregnant influencers I follow have been the same (The Anna Edit, Elle Darby).
I know and appreciate that it can take a while, but it's just so disheartening personally when it seems to happen so easily for others. Comparison is the thief of joy, I guess... The longer it takes, the more I start to worry something might be wrong with either my partner or myself, and I know stress doesn't exactly help...
How long did your TTC journey take?
Hi just for reference I wouldnā€™t say Elle Darby had a stressful or long TTC Journey and I actually found it really insensitive itā€™s taken me over three years and I was about to have ivf. Iā€™m 30 and I have pcos it does take time for some try and track your cycles and identify when you ovulate and take ovulation tests if you really want to speed it up. I have also found out at my scan that only one of my ovaries actually ovulates and people with pcos can just randomly ovulate so for me I believe it was meant to happen as my periods are all over the shop. When I forgot about it thatā€™s when it happened I know everyone says that but honestly it was the biggest shock of my life. Good luck and donā€™t stress I am now 23+ 6 and I wish you all the luck in the world x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi just for reference I wouldnā€™t say Elle Darby had a stressful or long TTC Journey and I actually found it really insensitive itā€™s taken me over three years and I was about to have ivf. Iā€™m 30 and I have pcos it does take time for some try and track your cycles and identify when you ovulate and take ovulation tests if you really want to speed it up. I have also found out at my scan that only one of my ovaries actually ovulates and people with pcos can just randomly ovulate so for me I believe it was meant to happen as my periods are all over the shop. When I forgot about it thatā€™s when it happened I know everyone says that but honestly it was the biggest shock of my life. Good luck and donā€™t stress I am now 23+ 6 and I wish you all the luck in the world x
Thank you so much for your reassurance - I'm so glad it's worked out for you! <3 xx

• Heart
Baby 1: 6 months trying, miscarriage then another 6 months, so a year in total
Baby 2: a surprise!
Baby 3: 6 months
Baby 4: first cycle

Both my girls took a while, and it can be so disheartening. Make sure you are doing all you can to track cycles and ovulation, the only reason I got pregnant with 1, 3 and 4 was through rigorous ovulation tracking. My first son was a total surprise. After taking so long with my eldest we never dreamed we could just get pregnant without even thinking about it.

(I should add 6 months for me could be 3/4/5 cycles as mine are irregular)

First time. Stopped taking mini pill on day 7 of my cycle and conceived one week later. I was shocked it happened that quickly. I have several friends who it took much longer to happen for, but it did ā¤

About 2 minutes šŸ˜‚
I fell pregnant on the pill with my eldest and then first cycle with my second.
Wishing you lots of luck šŸ’•

Around a year after coming off the pill- edited to add im now 12 weeks pregnant with twins so worth the wait ā˜ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 10
5 months. I was already using the Flo app from the start, but we conceived the month I started using OPK's and using the sperm meets egg plan (Google it... It's nothing groundbreaking but still good to follow). Turns out I was ovulating a couple of days later than average. Of course it could just be coincidence that we conceived after me using that method but it can't hurt to try.

6 months first baby, 8 weeks for 2nd however sadly ended in miscarriage in jan 2021. Started trying again in Feb so 3 months in now. Just try and relax , it will happen ā¤

I got pregnant first time on the pill. Second time I fell pregnant Iā€™d come off the pill got pregnant pretty much straight away but sadly miscarriedā˜¹. I was desperate to get pregnant after that it took 2 months. I would love another been trying for 3 months now but no luck šŸ˜Ÿ. It will happen for you when you least expect it āœØāœØ.

5 months with first baby, 1st cycle with 2nd pregnancy but ended in early miscarriage then 5 months again with current pregnancy x

Weā€™ve not been using anything for 7 years and never caught pregnant.
Never caught pregnant after 6 embryo transfers.
Ended up using a surrogate.
No one knows why I canā€™t get pregnant, Iā€™m 32.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Came off the pill mid November 20 and I had been on it about 17 years. I had around 7 irregular bleeds all lasting different lengths of time but no longer than about 4 days. Fell pregnant beginning of Jan 21. Very surprised it happened so quickly because I had a lot of cramps so we were not being particularly active because I was always complaining about period pain.

Good luck ā¤

We were so lucky and conceived first time trying, baby will be 10 weeks tomorrow! I know itā€™s easier said than done but try not to worry and stress about it. Itā€™s something people donā€™t really talk about, everyone announces pregnancies like it always just happens and no one talks about their struggles. I felt terrible posting pregnancy updates as some people I know messaged me to say they had been trying for over a year.
I started taking folic acid a few months before trying, always tracked my cycles then finally started to use ovulations sticks. It turned out I ovulated much later than the apps predicted I was ovulating so I think these definitely helped me! Good luck, I hope it happens for you soon

I think that no matter what you read about TTC taking possibly a year etc. Your mind always goes back to the sex education you get in school. ā€œYou can get pregnant the first timeā€ ā€œif you put a condom on a bit dodgy youā€™ll get pregnantā€ ā€œif you have sex even one time ever youā€™ll get pregnant and probably get the clapā€ šŸ¤£ now I understand the need to teach young women this stuff but it really gives the false impression that every single time you have sex at any time of the month youā€™ll get up the duff!
It ends up that so many of us live with this deep impression that conceiving is the easiest thing in the world. When in actual fact there is a lot more to it!

Reactions: 7