Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rudi_godson

I am feeling so down. Stopped taking the pill in January and regularly ovulation/ cycles and absolutely nothing yet it so upsetting x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

FlyingGirl4

It took us 5 months the first time, but sadly ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. Then it took us another 5 months to fall for the second time, but sadly our boy had DS and passed away at 15 weeks. Then took less than 3 months after my late miscarriage to fall again and currently nearly 18 weeks with hopefully my rainbow🤞🏼🌈♥ Lots of love to everyone trying, I hope you get your gorgeous babies sooner rather than later x

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Dipdab

VIP Member
Around a year after coming off the pill- edited to add im now 12 weeks pregnant with twins so worth the wait ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 10

GamerLlama87

I got pregnant on our 3rd cycle trying, then unfortunately miscarried at around 6 weeks. Then got pregnant again 3 weeks later, so no period in between etc. Very shocked as I was obviously not in a sexy mood at all having just had a miscarriage, and we only did it once! So I'm now currently 35 weeks and due in October 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Oscarsmum

First baby took years, maybe 3. Found out I was pregnant the day before we were meant to start IVF. Second baby only took 3 months

• Heart
Reactions: 8

NorrhernGal88

We’ve not been using anything for 7 years and never caught pregnant.
Never caught pregnant after 6 embryo transfers.
Ended up using a surrogate.
No one knows why I can’t get pregnant, I’m 32.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Sunshinegal

I'm not sure if I ever wrote on here after I concieved. I used to follow this thread.

It took me two years to concieve my first. Currently 25 weeks.
Found out I had endometriosis just before too which I was totally devestated about. TTC is so so hard.

So for those of you feeling awful a year or so in, I hear you. I was there. But i got there, and I'm sure you will all too.

Sending love to you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think that no matter what you read about TTC taking possibly a year etc. Your mind always goes back to the sex education you get in school. “You can get pregnant the first time” “if you put a condom on a bit dodgy you’ll get pregnant” “if you have sex even one time ever you’ll get pregnant and probably get the clap” 🤣 now I understand the need to teach young women this stuff but it really gives the false impression that every single time you have sex at any time of the month you’ll get up the duff!
It ends up that so many of us live with this deep impression that conceiving is the easiest thing in the world. When in actual fact there is a lot more to it!

Reactions: 7

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Just looking for some reassurance, really...
My partner (30) and I (27) have been TTC our first child since January (currently on cycle 6, tracking ovulation). I know that it can take a while for some people, but everyone I know personally (my mum, my gran, my friend) all got pregnant first time trying, and a couple of pregnant influencers I follow have been the same (The Anna Edit, Elle Darby).
I know and appreciate that it can take a while, but it's just so disheartening personally when it seems to happen so easily for others. Comparison is the thief of joy, I guess... The longer it takes, the more I start to worry something might be wrong with either my partner or myself, and I know stress doesn't exactly help...
How long did your TTC journey take?
Hi just for reference I wouldn’t say Elle Darby had a stressful or long TTC Journey and I actually found it really insensitive it’s taken me over three years and I was about to have ivf. I’m 30 and I have pcos it does take time for some try and track your cycles and identify when you ovulate and take ovulation tests if you really want to speed it up. I have also found out at my scan that only one of my ovaries actually ovulates and people with pcos can just randomly ovulate so for me I believe it was meant to happen as my periods are all over the shop. When I forgot about it that’s when it happened I know everyone says that but honestly it was the biggest shock of my life. Good luck and don’t stress I am now 23+ 6 and I wish you all the luck in the world x

• Heart
Reactions: 6

lisa94xo

Just looking for some reassurance, really...
My partner (30) and I (27) have been TTC our first child since January (currently on cycle 6, tracking ovulation). I know that it can take a while for some people, but everyone I know personally (my mum, my gran, my friend) all got pregnant first time trying, and a couple of pregnant influencers I follow have been the same (The Anna Edit, Elle Darby).
I know and appreciate that it can take a while, but it's just so disheartening personally when it seems to happen so easily for others. Comparison is the thief of joy, I guess... The longer it takes, the more I start to worry something might be wrong with either my partner or myself, and I know stress doesn't exactly help...
How long did your TTC journey take?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Took 3 months for my first and 18 months for my second, which was quite the shock. I was diagnosed with a short luteal phase and needed extra progesterone to fall pregnant. I paid for private fertility investigations and they prescribed my medication as the GP wouldn’t.

I really disagree with people saying don’t stress and it’ll happen because it simply isn’t true, it’s impossible not to stress when it’s month after month of negative tests. It can become all consuming though so try and organise things to distract yourself from baby making. I hope you get there 🤞

• Heart

imnotarobot

First baby 10 years and 6 IVFs. Second baby 3 years and 3 IVFs.

I know it seems like it will never happen but it’s generally considered average to take six months to a year to conceive. Best advice I could give you is to know your cycle to maximise the best opportunity regarding timing. And try hard (ha ha ha I know this is nearly impossible) to keep a sense of perspective about it, and to keep talking talking talking to your partner. You’re in it together!

Best of luck to you xx

disneys

VIP Member
My first baby was a real surprise , I was actually on the pill when we conceived (however we’d just got engaged and I got sloppy about taking it!) , i am now on cycle 7 of trying for baby #2 and it is taking its toll .. sending you love , it will
Happen for you ☺

lisa94xo

Update: still not even a hint of a positive. I think I'll be phoning the doctor's soon as that's now a year we've been TTC :(

• Heart

Noseynora91

4 months for my first, 1 month for my second and 9 months for my third. Try not to compare and stress everyone is different. Good luck

Reactions: 4

LongishCat

VIP Member
Currently pregnant with my first.
Took 1 year and 4 months to get there. Somewhere halfway I stopped getting my period. Turned out I had PCOS, so I had to take medication to have regular ovulation. Took 5 cycles with medication to actually fall pregnant.
It was very hard, mutliple negative pregnancy tests. But it happened eventually. Hang in there, it'll happen! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Wow, a lot of fertile Tattlers! It took me 5 years and lots of cycles of IVF to conceive our first, then more IVFs and another 3 years for our second. I had miscarriages during our IVF cycles too, it was a difficult time. Sending you lots of luck x

• Heart

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
First cycle to conceive my first, ttc our second took 6 months and then I miscarried at 12 weeks, it then took another 4 months to fall pregnant which was a successful pregnancy, I was very lucky first time and naively thought it would be the same second time around. Hope it happens for you soon, good luck 😊