How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re not *all* bastards but a good 9 out of 10 of them are I’m just very cynical and I love my freedom now! If I ever met another guy again, he would have to compliment my life, not make my life!
I agree he shouldn’t be your whole life that’s not healthy

Reactions: 10
Oh my gosh I feel like this should be turned into a novel what a lovely romance

Why do you say he’s not the one ?
I just feel like we are friends that share a house and kids ... there’s no real spark, sex life is pretty boring (his choice) - he also cheated on me 6 years ago so that cloud follows me about

Reactions: 12
I just feel like we are friends that share a house and kids ... there’s no real spark, sex life is pretty boring (his choice) - he also cheated on me 6 years ago so that cloud follows me about
Oh gosh I’m not surprised. I’m not someone who would forgive that. Why do you stay if you’re so unhappy if you don’t mind me asking

Reactions: 5
Oh gosh I’m not surprised. I’m not someone who would forgive that. Why do you stay if you’re so unhappy if you don’t mind me asking
Not at all, ask away! I’m not unhappy, we have a great life together ; just things are missing

Reactions: 6
At the age of 23 I had pretty much sworn off men and was just going to have fun and not let anyone hurt me.
We met at a party of a mutual friend and I just wanted to be friends. We met up a few days later never called it a date and we just hit it off. But I still wanted to just be friends. He kissed me at the end of the night anyway and the rest is history. Six years later we are still together. Bought a house, engaged and planning a family. He's my best friend, my biggest support, takes care of me on my bad days (I have a chronic illness) and I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see him. But I also like that we have our own lives too. Iv been with jealous, controlling and abusive.men before and I was in edge that he would be the same. Well he proved me wrong, earnt my trust and I let him in. Best thing I ever did.

Reactions: 11
At work (I don't work there anymore).

Bit of a silly story really. We were just friends at first, but then one day at work he asked a supervisor for some new safety gloves. The supervisor came back and gave him some "extra small" sized gloves (he has big hands), and the way he was trying to fit them on his hands made me laugh so much my stomach was hurting. I couldn't stop laughing about it on the way home from work that day. I guess that's what made me fall for him, but I didn't realise it for a while later. He is naturally funny and I love his reactions to things.

Reactions: 10
No ... just can’t make certain things work. But perhaps it’s just me being overly picky

Reactions: 2
Matched his brother on tinder. Was best friends with him for a year and got with his brother. Been together a year now and I'm still good friends with his brother now

Reactions: 7
Met in school but weren’t friends and after we left school he became best friends with my older brother and was always in my house for pre drinks before nights out etc and he caught my eye then 3 years now and a baby girl!

Reactions: 4
Met on an old app that was on Facebook called "Are you interested". You said yes or no, if you said yes they got a notification, if they also said yes, it allowed you talk. I think it was almost an early tinder. Added each other on Facebook after talking in the app, met about a month later. I was crapping myself as I thought I already have mad feelings and have never met him. We were inseparable from that day and still like that now after 12 years together and 7 married

Love reading everyone's tales

Reactions: 8
He was friends with my friends then boyfriend and we went to a pub quiz night together and I didn’t think much of him when we first met and I got the impression he didn’t like me as he never spoke to me.
But we ended up being really good friends and it progressed from there and six years on we’re married.

Reactions: 4
This is very much like our meeting story!
I was seeing someone else off tinder and he didn’t want to anymore (we didn’t gel that well anyway) but I didn’t want to spend bank holiday on my own when the weather was nice and kids with their dad other one didn’t reply so met my OH in the pub, we talked for hours and been together 5 years next month!

Reactions: 3
Nope not me tearing up, nope . This is such a wonderful story

Also as someone from Scotland, I’m so glad that the Road trip became part of your story

Reactions: 5
Tinder 6.5 years ago. I had been single 3 years after endless bad relationships and was ready to give up on love for a while, he was in the area on holiday which is how I showed up on his matches. For the first year he would drive 75 miles each way every weekend to see me then I moved in with him. I basically helped him turn his life around and it was so worth the tears and stress. We now have a beautiful home and are engaged, he is my best friend and heart and soul as cheesy as that sounds.

Reactions: 6